Home Precious Metals
Options

Tulving

I gave up on Tulving & Company today. After a series of transactions that well my last experience was enough. I ordered silver and sent a wire with the funds. We are now into week 6. He won't answer the phone or an email. They have no idea when they plan on shipping. My silver was scheduled to be shipped and then canceled. The client service person doesn't work a full day, so you have to call in at a certain time. She says Hannes comes in every day and decides what will be shipped, so she can't tell me anything. After searching for complaints I was surprised on the number of similar comments. So I sold it back to them today, after never receiving the silver. Hopefully I get a check. Something odd going on hear to annoy so many customers and not caring. You can search for him and find out his past history in the 90's. Please stay away from them.
Bill
Coin Junkie

cameoproofcoins.com

Comments

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,436 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I gave up on Tulving & Company today. After a series of transactions that well my last experience was enough. I ordered silver and sent a wire with the funds. We are now into week 6. He won't answer the phone or an email. They have no idea when they plan on shipping. My silver was scheduled to be shipped and then canceled. The client service person doesn't work a full day, so you have to call in at a certain time. She says Hannes comes in every day and decides what will be shipped, so she can't tell me anything. After searching for complaints I was surprised on the number of similar comments. So I sold it back to them today, after never receiving the silver. Hopefully I get a check. Something odd going on hear to annoy so many customers and not caring. You can search for him and find out his past history in the 90's. Please stay away from them. >>

Wow! Thanks' for the warning.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the heads-up !!! image
    Timbuk3
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the info. Fortunately, he's was not on my list of dealers that I conduct business with.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    nibannynibanny Posts: 2,761
    Thanks for the feedback, even though I can't afford to buy their minimums.
    So far, I all the feedbacks I heard about them on this forum were extremely positive.
    It's quite surprising to hear a negative one.
    The member formerly known as Ciccio / Posts: 1453 / Joined: Apr 2009
  • Options
    mrpaseomrpaseo Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭
    First I have heard of any issues with this company. I have never made any purchases from them (Their minimums are to high for me).

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,209 ✭✭✭✭✭
    While customer service was not a strong point, Tulving always delivered at the best price. I suspect his low profit margin cut into his spending on customer care. I was a Tulving die hard until I started doing business with DBScoins.com

Highly recommend.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,380 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Industry leadership changes. I always had good luck with Tulving, but one thing to know in the bullion arena is that losses and/or liquidity problems can destroy customer service in a blink. If there's any whiff of a problem, stay away. re: SBSS.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    I have done a few deals with Tulving, but no longer,
    The on-phone expierence reminds me of that Sienfeld episode about the guy selling Soup :-)
    There are many whosalers out there that really do appreciate your business, shop around...
    Support your local Coin Shop
    LM-ANA3242-CSNS308-MSNS226-ICTA
  • Options
    AhrensdadAhrensdad Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭
    I have bought from them several times with no problems. Thanks for the heads up. As others have said, there are other companies that ship when they say they will and provide good customer service at good prices.
    Successful BST Transactions with: WTCG, Ikenefic, Twincam, InternetJunky, bestday, 1twobits, Geoman x4, Blackhawk, Robb, nederveit, mesquite, sinin1, CommemDude, Gerard, sebrown, Guitarwes, Commoncents05, tychojoe, adriana, SeaEagleCoins, ndgoflo, stone, vikingdude, golfer72, kameo, Scotty1418, Tdec1000, Sportsmoderator1 and many others.

Please visit my website Millcitynumismatics.com
  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,989 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I have bought from them several times with no problems. Thanks for the heads up. As others have said, there are other companies that ship when they say they will and provide good customer service at good prices. >>

JMBullion for one.
  • Options
    7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭
    I've done several purchases over the last 10-15 years with Tulving and never had a problem. Spreads are the very best out there.

Was everything you ordered in stock and ready to go?
  • Options
    pragmaticgoatpragmaticgoat Posts: 832 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I have done a few deals with Tulving, but no longer,
    The on-phone expierence reminds me of that Sienfeld episode about the guy selling Soup :-)
    There are many whosalers out there that really do appreciate your business, shop around... >>

+1
    BST references:
    jdimmick;Gerard;wondercoin;claychaser;agentjim007;CCC2010;guitarwes;TAMU15;Zubie;mariner67;segoja;Smittys;kaz;CARDSANDCOINS;FadeToBlack;
    jrt103;tizofthe;bronze6827;mkman;Scootersdad;AllCoinsRule;coindeuce;dmarks;piecesofme; and many more
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,209 ✭✭✭✭✭
    growth in the bullion reseller industry will force Tulving to come around.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    tlake22tlake22 Posts: 299 ✭✭
    I had the exact same problem about a year ago. WILL NEVER buy from them again. I buy now from Monarch now. They only sell what they have in stock, so no wait times.
  • Options
    topstuftopstuf Posts: 14,803 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Checking HISTORY of bullion companies is never a bad idea.
  • Options
    secondrepublicsecondrepublic Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭
    "Men who had never shown any ability to make or increase fortunes for themselves abounded in brilliant plans for creating and increasing wealth for the country at large." Fiat Money Inflation in France, Andrew Dickson White (1912)
  • Options
    georgiacop50georgiacop50 Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭✭
    I consider him a A.Hagar wannabe.
  • Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    These guys were big before slabs became the norm in creating "investment portfolios" of raw US coins. I guess it doesn't surprise me that they eventually went under in 1991 or that
    the FTC came sniffing around. A lot of dealers did that and stretched themselves way too thin as liquidity dried up. And when the owners of those coin "portfolios" wanted to sell out....well, that was the hard part.
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold