Home Precious Metals
Options

APMEX NON-EXISTENT FREE SHIPPING OFFER

I received a few emails from APMEX this week about not buying anything from them in awhile. I think because I had found something I wanted to buy and put in shopping cart but never checked out. So I got the few emails about buying over $50 and getting free shipping so I figured I'd go ahead and buy a few bars.... I'm about ready to place order and it is still adding shipping so I hold off and contact customer service and tell them the story. They tell me there is no such offer and that code is invalid. Great way to do biz, send out several emails and then say "no such offer" ... now I remember why I haven't bought from them in awhile.. Buyer beware. PS emails say their offer was good until 10-1-13
"I'm dropping my standards so that I can buy more"

Comments

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I received a few emails from APMEX this week about not buying anything from them in awhile. I think because I had found something I wanted to buy and put in shopping cart but never checked out. So I got the few emails about buying over $50 and getting free shipping so I figured I'd go ahead and buy a few bars.... I'm about ready to place order and it is still adding shipping so I hold off and contact customer service and tell them the story. They tell me there is no such offer and that code is invalid. Great way to do biz, send out several emails and then say "no such offer" ... now I remember why I haven't bought from them in awhile.. Buyer beware. PS emails say their offer was good until 10-1-13 >>

Really? Why not copy & paste that email from APMEX and let us take a look at it.

APMEX has 5 items listed with free s&h, but they are all on eBay
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    they gave me free shipping on my last three ebay bargain orders. image

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options

<< <i>they gave me free shipping on my last three ebay bargain orders. image >>

likewise

One of their current eBay free s&h offers is for 5 ASE's @ $143. I'm passing on that deal.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I received a few emails from APMEX this week about not buying anything from them in awhile. I think because I had found something I wanted to buy and put in shopping cart but never checked out. So I got the few emails about buying over $50 and getting free shipping so I figured I'd go ahead and buy a few bars.... I'm about ready to place order and it is still adding shipping so I hold off and contact customer service and tell them the story. They tell me there is no such offer and that code is invalid. Great way to do biz, send out several emails and then say "no such offer" ... now I remember why I haven't bought from them in awhile.. Buyer beware. PS emails say their offer was good until 10-1-13 >>

Really? Why not copy & paste that email from APMEX and let us take a look at it.

APMEX has 5 items listed with free s&h, but they are all on eBay >>

ummm yeah really
    .ill post when home
  • Options
    LowBudgetLowBudget Posts: 383 ✭✭
    imageimage
  • Options

<< <i>imageimage >>

The promo email looks very similar to numerous phishing attempts that I've been getting. If it does not give your full name in the invite, it usually is. Suggest you forward that email to APMEX for their review?
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,212 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The promo email looks very similar to numerous phishing attempts that I've been getting. If it does not give your full name in the invite, it usually is. Suggest you forward that email to APMEX for their review? >>

And if you clicked on the link in that email to place the order I would immediately change any login info associated with your APMEX account. And while you're there, make sure no orders were placed with APMEX that were not from you.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    customer service asked for the emails, I sent them, but they are legitimate APMEX mails. ..they will get back to me in 24 hrs.
  • Options
    mrpaseomrpaseo Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭

<< <i>customer service asked for the emails, I sent them, but they are legitimate APMEX mails. ..they will get back to me in 24 hrs. >>

Well, that's good news.

Just a side note here for all that read, no matter who the e-mail is from, never click on any links in an e-mail.
  • Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the heads-up !!! image
    Timbuk3
  • Options
    cust serv mailed me back and said its a valid offer and to contact if any problems.... alrighty then
  • Options
    That code works! (didn't use it though)
  • Options
    tneigtneig Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭
    Good job.

I got some free shipping email for 5 ASE's except the price was $31+ plus each so not at this time.
    COA
  • Options
    Looks like the code is still valid.
    Would using it be fair or not?
    The member formerly known as Ciccio / Posts: 1453 / Joined: Apr 2009
  • Options
    I just used the code & it worked for me. Hint, don't try to cut & paste these offers into your order, sometimes the software will not recognize them. Type them in manually.
  • Options
    Used the code as well.

Thanks LowBudget!
    The member formerly known as Ciccio / Posts: 1453 / Joined: Apr 2009