Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Displays for graded packs

Does anyone have a good wall display for graded packs? If so are they custom made or can you buy them? Pics would be great to see.

Comments

• Options
    jmaciujmaciu Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭
    I want to see if anyone has any feedback with this.
  • Options
    ChiefsFan1stChiefsFan1st Posts: 845 ✭✭✭
    I have seen one posted on here at some point but cant remember when. And if I remember correctly, it was home made but I may be wrong.
    I dont wanna grow up, Im a Toys-R-Us kid!
  • Options
    esquiresportsesquiresports Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭
    Here are a few examples of ones I have made. The key is making sure the frame you choose has enough depth to hold the type of pack you want to display. The rest is pretty easy if you have a mat cutter, which you can get for under $100. You cut foam core to hold the packs in place.

Always buying 1971 OPC Baseball packs.
  • Options
    Very cool esquiresports. Great collection and displays.
  • Options
    GriffinsGriffins Posts: 6,076 ✭✭✭

Make sure it has uv glass, wax fades easily.
    It was made by Sports DisplaysSports Displays and was just under $500.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    ^ Best Topps pack collection there is. So inspiring! I've been expanding my pack goals but am not even touching the 60s yet, let alone the 50s. A similar collection is at the top of my wish list.

• Options
    jmmiller777jmmiller777 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭

<< <i>image

Make sure it has uv glass, wax fades easily.
    It was made by Sports DisplaysSports Displays and was just under $500. >>

That really looks nice! But $500, is that right? A beautiful display with awesome packs.
    I went to Hobby Lobby and custom made a frame and mat assembly using foam board to push the holders into from the back. The frame was only $10 but the double mat and foam holder cost me $60 to hold four samples. You can make to fit just about anything you want.
    CURRENT PROJECTS IN WORK:
    To be honest, no direction, but...
    1966-69 Topps EX+
    1975 minis NrMt Kelloggs PSA 9
    All Topps Heritage-Master Sets
  • Options
    lacqued cherry wood, museum glass, solid hardware, felt lined. $500 didn't seem so bad for a custom case, I've had a lot of framing that is in that range. Once you get to quality materials (acid free 8 ply mattes, uv glass, etc) it adds up but is definitely worth it.

Always looking for Topps Salesman Samples, pre '51 unopened packs, E90-2, E91a, N690 Kalamazoo Bats, and T204 Square Frame Ramly's

• Options
    Griffens, this is awesome! I can't believe that I didn't make a comment about this when I started this thread. Your collection is amazing!

Esquiresports, your unopened collection is amazing too. Thanks for sharing.
  • Options
    Here's an old one I used to have- a friend made it for me to hold CD's (held about 900) but once those went away I used it for the box collection for a while. It's pretty easy, he just went to a hardwood store, picked out a nice piece of colored plywood, and had them cut the pieces to his dimensions. Took him about an hour for glue up and it was good to go.

• Options
    That's a gorgeous display. I am a big fan.

I am working on an interesting pack display right now. I've sort of run out of room on my walls vertically, so I am putting together a 13-year OPC graded pack run that is one pack tall and 13 across. Why 13? Well, it covers 1971, the start point of my baseball collection, through Tony Gwynn in 1983, my favorite player growing up. In addition, matting something larger then 60 inches creates issues and I want this matted. This will just fit. I should have in a month or so and will post pics.
  • Options
    ReggieClevelandReggieCleveland Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Here's an old one I used to have- a friend made it for me to hold CD's (held about 900) but once those went away I used it for the box collection for a while. It's pretty easy, he just went to a hardwood store, picked out a nice piece of colored plywood, and had them cut the pieces to his dimensions. Took him about an hour for glue up and it was good to go.
    image >>

That's great and all, but do you have an unopened box of 1990 Donruss Canadian? I didn't think so. Amateur.