Home Precious Metals
Options

0.89 Cent sale at Monarch for 10oz bars

In case anyone was looking to add some silver.

Link

$253 82 Left
Gold is for savings. Fiat is for transactions.

BST Transactions (as the seller): Collectall, GRANDAM, epcjimi1, wondercoin, jmski52, wheathoarder, jay1187, jdsueu, grote15, airplanenut, bigole

Comments

• Options
    tneigtneig Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭
    Thanks!
    COA
  • Options
    piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    boy, that's a pretty decent deal if you're just looking for some 10 oz bars. How long do they typically take to ship? I've never dealt with them.
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,444 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>boy, that's a pretty decent deal if you're just looking for some 10 oz bars. How long do they typically take to ship? I've never dealt with them. >>

They ship fairly fast but that's because they refuse to accept personal checks which takes time to clear.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    ok, thanks PerryHall and to the op. I think I just might place an order.
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>ok, thanks PerryHall and to the op. I think I just might place an order. >>

FYI..they also charge a s&h fee depending on the $$$ amount and a 3% cc fee if paying by cc. When you add that up the 89 cent deal does not sound that exciting. I'll stick with ASE's at a slightly higher price above spot when they are available with free s&s fee and no cc fee.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>ok, thanks PerryHall and to the op. I think I just might place an order. >>

FYI..they also charge a s&h fee depending on the $$$ amount and a 3% cc fee if paying by cc. When you add that up the 89 cent deal does not sound that exciting. I'll stick with ASE's at a slightly higher price above spot when they are available with free s&s fee and no cc fee. >>

I've never seen an internet bullion company that didn't charge extra for the use of a credit card due to their tight buy/sell margins. If you know of any please let us know who they are.

• Options
    nibannynibanny Posts: 2,761

<< <i>

<< <i>

FYI..they also charge a s&h fee depending on the $$$ amount and a 3% cc fee if paying by cc. When you add that up the 89 cent deal does not sound that exciting. I'll stick with ASE's at a slightly higher price above spot when they are available with free s&s fee and no cc fee. >>

I've never seen an internet bullion company that didn't charge extra for the use of a credit card due to their tight buy/sell margins. If you know of any please let us know who they are. >>

Other companies though accept other form of payment with no additional fees. Monarch doesn't.
    I think this was OPA's point.
    The member formerly known as Ciccio / Posts: 1453 / Joined: Apr 2009
  • Options

<< <i> If you know of any please let us know who they are. >>

The last APMEX eBay sale for ASE's did not charge any fees, along with the prior one held in May. PROVIDENT had a similar deal for their 10 oz OPM bars, w/o any s&h fees. They are out there, you just have to be vigilant.
  • Options

<< <i>

The last APMEX eBay sale for ASE's did not charge any fees, along with the prior one held in May. PROVIDENT had a similar deal for their 10 oz OPM bars, w/o any s&h fees. They are out there, you just have to be vigilant. >>

Silvertowne also sometimes has free shipping specials. I was asking about no credit card charges from bullion dealers. I don't consider eBay a bullion dealer.

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

The last APMEX eBay sale for ASE's did not charge any fees, along with the prior one held in May. PROVIDENT had a similar deal for their 10 oz OPM bars, w/o any s&h fees. They are out there, you just have to be vigilant. >>

Silvertowne also sometimes has free shipping specials. I was asking about no credit card charges from bullion dealers. I don't consider eBay a bullion dealer. >>

eBay per see may not be a bullion dealer, but a lot of bullion dealers list their bullion on eBay, which makes it the largest bullion sales department for J6Pimage
    BTW, I do not use a cc for bullion purchases.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

Silvertowne also sometimes has free shipping specials. I was asking about no credit card charges from bullion dealers. I don't consider eBay a bullion dealer. >>

eBay per see may not be a bullion dealer, but a lot of bullion dealers list their bullion on eBay, which makes it the largest bullion sales department for J6Pimage
    BTW, I do not use a cc for bullion purchases. >>

I would use a credit card for the quick shipping, convenience and protection afforded by the credit card but there is no way I will pay the 3% fee. I'll just send a personal check and wait the extra 2 or 3 weeks.

• Options
    EagleEyeEagleEye Posts: 7,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since we are spamming the Precious Metals forum:

Link
    Rick Snow, Eagle Eye Rare Coins, Inc.Check out my new web site:
  • Options
    tneigtneig Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭
    Some must have liked the deal because they are out of stock. I farted around again and missed it.
    I only wanted one to fill out my collection of their poured bars.
    COA
  • Options
    Some must have liked the deal because they are out of stock. I farted around again and missed it

I did say I was thinking about placing an order image
  • Options

<< <i>Some must have liked the deal because they are out of stock. I farted around again and missed it.
    I only wanted one to fill out my collection of their poured bars. >>

They may still take your order at that price but you may have to wait until they make some more.

• Options
    OperationButterOperationButter Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭
    They now have 92 in stock at $256.70

BST Transactions (as the seller): Collectall, GRANDAM, epcjimi1, wondercoin, jmski52, wheathoarder, jay1187, jdsueu, grote15, airplanenut, bigole
  • Options

<< <i>Since we are spamming the Precious Metals forum:

Link >>

Nobody is spamming, as far as I know, the OP doesn't work for Monarch.

Anyway, thanks for sharing your picture, that's a very cool bar!

• Options
    OperationButterOperationButter Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭
    lol I def dont work for Monarch. Simply posting what I thought to be a good deal for other forum members.

Funny I didnt see any spam messages directed at OPA for giving us (and still very much appreciated) a heads up on APMEX sale of ASE's on Ebay a few weeks ago...

• Options

<< <i>lol I def dont work for Monarch. Simply posting what I thought to be a good deal for other forum members.

Funny I didnt see any spam messages directed at OPA for giving us (and still very much appreciated) a heads up on APMEX sale of ASE's on Ebay a few weeks ago... >>

I think Rick misunderstood the purpose of this thread.

The forum is a great resource for this type of things too, imo. Keep them coming! image
  • Options
    EagleEyeEagleEye Posts: 7,676 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think Rick misunderstood the purpose of this thread.

Correct.
    Rick Snow, Eagle Eye Rare Coins, Inc.Check out my new web site: