Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

1985 Topps Football Wax Case Break-Boxes for Sale

I decided to break this case and sell the boxes individually.

Here are some pictures:

[URL=http://s1175.photobucket.com/user/todd12211/media/85FB2_zps74092509.jpg.html]image[/URL]

[URL=http://s1175.photobucket.com/user/todd12211/media/85FB1_zps5f7939e6.jpg.html]image[/URL]

[URL=http://s1175.photobucket.com/user/todd12211/media/85FB4_zps672086bf.jpg.html]image[/URL]

[URL=http://s1175.photobucket.com/user/todd12211/media/85FB3_zps4c545346.jpg.html]image[/URL]

The boxes are for the most part very clean. There are a couple that are little more worn, but with no affect on the packs. I will choose the nicest as I go, so first come first serve but please rest assured that every box is clean and you will like

I am going to price these at $175 including shipping. This is as low as there is out there including eBay. I believe BBCE is at $200. I am going to feel out how I do here before putting them on eBay.

As of today, I have all 20 available

Please PM me with any questions or to pick some up. I have very little room but if anyone is interested in multiple boxes PM me.

Thanks!
The Clockwork Angel Collection...brought to you by Bank of America, Wells Fargo, and Chase
TheClockworkAngelCollection

Comments

• Options
    Scottiec2288Scottiec2288 Posts: 911 ✭✭✭
    Pm sent
  • Options
    ClockworkAngelClockworkAngel Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭
    PM sent back.

2 have been claimed...18 left
    The Clockwork Angel Collection...brought to you by Bank of America, Wells Fargo, and Chase
  • Options
    Afternoon,

Two more claimed!

Neil
    Actually Collect Non Sport, but am just so full of myself I post all over the place !!!!!!!
  • Options
    EAsportsEAsports Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭
    For anyone who is purchasing these to crack and grade, I'd be glad to purchase non-gradeable commons from you for set building.

Great price, OP!
    My LSU Autographs

Only an idiot would have a message board signature.
  • Options

<< <i>For anyone who is purchasing these to crack and grade, I'd be glad to purchase non-gradeable commons from you for set building.

Great price, OP! >>

EA Sports, I may have a box to send you of commons

10 sold, 10 left guys....
  • Options
    blee1blee1 Posts: 713 ✭✭✭
    PM sent
    Skips PSA Exchange
    Successful transactions with: yankeeno7, raiderguy10, Beck6, CDsNuts, DaveP01, Dboneesq, Elemenopeo, gameusedhoop, georgebailey2, Goldlabels, gstarling, justmichael, etc

Working on.........
    Tony Dorsett Master Set
    1977 Topps Mexican FB (raw)
    1957 Topps FB Set (raw or graded)
  • Options
    FavreFan1971FavreFan1971 Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭
    Two pleas here.

Put in second line to EA for commons. I want to build a sweet raw set.

Also, I need a box with James Lofton on the bottom for my registry set. Mine is authentic and I want to grade one.
  • Options
    PM sent for 2 of them
    1981 Topps in Process
  • Options

<< <i>I believe BBCE is at $200. >>

They WERE $200.

Out of stock now and will probably raise their price next time they have them in... and no 10% discount... and add in shipping.

$175 delivered is a terrific price!

Snorto~
  • Options
    Thanks guys

I have 14 sold and 6 left at this point
  • Options
    slum22slum22 Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭✭
    PM sent. I am in for one. Between this box and my eBay spree this weekend, there goes my PayPal balanceimage
    Steve
  • Options
    PM sent.
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'WOW What a Ride!' Mark Frost
  • Options
    Let me rephrase my comment above. If anyone wants to sell me their empty box with James Lofton on it I will buy it as long as Lofton is not crease or nasty scratched. And I would be interested in buying common and minor stars for a raw set I am putting together.
  • Options
    blee1blee1 Posts: 713 ✭✭✭
    Shouldn't you be down to 3 left?
    Skips PSA Exchange
    Successful transactions with: yankeeno7, raiderguy10, Beck6, CDsNuts, DaveP01, Dboneesq, Elemenopeo, gameusedhoop, georgebailey2, Goldlabels, gstarling, justmichael, etc

Working on.........
    Tony Dorsett Master Set
    1977 Topps Mexican FB (raw)
    1957 Topps FB Set (raw or graded)
  • Options

<< <i>Shouldn't you be down to 3 left? >>

Yes that's exactly what I have left, assuming the boxes I have set aside for people are sold and the buyers follow through

3 left
  • Options
    Make that 4...one person just backed out.
  • Options
    Hey Guys

For those that have purchased these, I am hoping to make one trip to the UPS Store at once. With only 4 left, I anticipate selling out by tomorrow and shipping them all out by the end of the week. If anyone needs or wants them sooner, please PM me and I'll be sure to get yours out. Thanks
  • Options
    BasherBoyBasherBoy Posts: 510 ✭✭
    I'd like one, pm sent.
    Need PSA Indians/Browns
  • Options
    lightningboylightningboy Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭
    I'd like one, PM sent.
  • Options
    Update:

I have 13 boxes sold and paid for. I will ship these tomorrow regardless. Not fair to make those that have paid wait for everyone to pay.

I have 5 boxes set aside from people who committed and am awaiting payment

That leaves 2 boxes, assuming all 5 of the commitments come through

Thanks
  • Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    Looking forward to seeing the pulls....that is if you are ripping. image

Thanks for offering this to the board at such a good price.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options
    This will be my first attempt at keeping something sealed. Have picked up a few loose packs before but never been able to resist. I'm hoping that since it's a full box maybe I will have better restraint.
    Need PSA Indians/Browns
  • Options

<< <i>This will be my first attempt at keeping something sealed. Have picked up a few loose packs before but never been able to resist. I'm hoping that since it's a full box maybe I will have better restraint. >>

Good Luck with that.....a sealed Box just calls out to me in a louder voice............Open Me....Open Me....here I am just sitting !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!image

YeeHahimage

Neilimage
    Actually Collect Non Sport, but am just so full of myself I post all over the place !!!!!!!
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>This will be my first attempt at keeping something sealed. Have picked up a few loose packs before but never been able to resist. I'm hoping that since it's a full box maybe I will have better restraint. >>

Good Luck with that.....a sealed Box just calls out to me in a louder voice............Open Me....Open Me....here I am just sitting !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!image

YeeHahimage

Neilimage >>

Yeah, and it probably doesn't help that I'm about 2/3 done and actively building a graded 85 set right now. I suppose if I'm being honest the box probably doesn't stand a chance.
    Need PSA Indians/Browns
  • Options
    samspopsamspop Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    PM Sent
  • Options
    Hey guys....looks like I sold out of the boxes. I do have 4 set aside awaiting payment so assuming those come through we're good to go. I appreciate everything from everyone and the rest of the boxes will be shipping today!
  • Options
    Also, I know a couple people asked for tracking numbers. Rather than going through each PM again, send me one now and I'll try to get you your tracking number. That being said, if you wait a week and still dont have it it might be better to PM me then. All boxes should be delivered by next week

Thanks again
  • Options
    thehallmarkthehallmark Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭
    Box arrived in great shape, thanks!

Out of curiosity...did everyone get a box with packs in gray wrappers instead of the normal red/yellow? Anyone have any insight into this difference?
  • Options
    I sent you a message, I think (hope) you sent me the wrong tracking number. Can you double check and pm me?
    Need PSA Indians/Browns
  • Options
    OAKESY25OAKESY25 Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭
    PM'D OOPS
  • Options
    MiniDuffMiniDuff Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭
    Got mine today, well packaged, packs in nice shape. Centering was very poor throughout, almost nothing gradable, but they are x outs so centering may well vary throughout. Very fun rip l happy to have had the chance.

thanks - jim
    1975 Mini Collector
    ebay id Duffs_Dugout
    My Ebay Auctions
  • Options
    Thanks Todd I got my box today and it looks great. I am keeping it unopen for now as I am trying to get a box from each year from the 80s. Sorry Troy no lofton on bottom of box. Scott
  • Options
    OAKESY25OAKESY25 Posts: 4,726 ✭✭✭
    got mine,,

no grey rappers.. what is that?
  • Options
    hallmark, just PM'd you.

Glad to hear everyone is getting their boxes. As I said, some were cleaner than others but all of them were decent. Centering is always tough with this set as are other issues
  • Options
    I received my box today and I also have "grey" wrappers although I believe they are white.

Grey Wrapper

Regular wrapper
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'WOW What a Ride!' Mark Frost
  • Options
    As for the grey wrapper, Those of you that open see if the packs contain the "yearbook sticker" inside. Also, maybe Topps ran out of NFL Team Helmet Hats as advertised on the normal packs. These grey wrappers make no mention of either.
  • Options
    yes, there were stickers. 4 each of payton, elway and montana too.
    1975 Mini Collector
    ebay id Duffs_Dugout
    My Ebay Auctions
  • Options

<< <i>yes, there were stickers. 4 each of payton, elway and montana too. >>

Then I'm going with a sell out of helmet hats!
  • Options
    So far no hits for a good Lofton box. I got a response from DC and his Lofton was creased. Please let me know if anyone wants to sell their empty box with James Lofton.
  • Options
    Morning,

Got my boxes, well packaged, all good, thanks Todd.

I consider myself somewhat of a 1985 Topps Football expert, among many other things with this set, I have opened hundreds of boxes of packs, yes hundreds!

First the Grey/White pack configuration is a Wrapper printing error quite common for that year, I don't know why it is so common (I would guess at least 2-3% of all boxes I have opened were this variation as well as there being other wrapper configurations with different errors as far as coloring of the wrappers). All of both boxes I recieved are of this variety which leads me to believe they are all from the same manufacturing run, so all will be the same end product.

If you are looking for Gradeble cards from this set...DO NOT OPEN these Boxes.......I opened 10 packs from one box and the Consistency of the Off Center is the Worst I have ever seen for this set........Ever! The Topps QC department was on a 3 hour lunch that day!!!!! I then randomly opened 6 packs from the second box and they were exactly the same! I will be opening no more from these and I purchased them strictly to get gradeable cards.

Just thought I would save some of you the money...................................Take it or leave it!

Neil
  • Options
    My experience as well, literally nothing gradable in my box and I cracked it all. I just can't stop myself on these things :-P
    1975 Mini Collector
    ebay id Duffs_Dugout
    My Ebay Auctions
  • Options
    mine still haven't wandered in, on the road since 8/30 image but sounds like no graders in there anyway.
    Need PSA Indians/Browns
  • Options
    I received mine yesterday. After reading the feedback, I was hesitant to open the cards, but figured it would be a fun break nonetheless and ripped away. I am through about 2/3 of the box and please chime in if I am missing something. Here is a small sample of what I am seeing and have pulled these out for potential grading. Will review the cards closer and see if I can add some star power, but would love some feedback...

• Options
    Grats, they look great. Figured they would be hit and miss.
    1975 Mini Collector
    ebay id Duffs_Dugout
    My Ebay Auctions
  • Options
    I think they look good...I believe mine are gone missing image shipped on 8/30 and now the usps website won't even show tracking on them.

EDIT:
    tracking finally went through, seems they are some where in des moins IA?
    Need PSA Indians/Browns
  • Options
    I finished with the box and after looking through the cards on the first pass, these are the cards that didn't have the dreaded paper bubble, pin-hole, or surface wrinkle and that were, what I think, were fairly well-centered. Star power was limited on these. Pulled 2 Marinos, an Elway, a Marcus Allen or two, a few Montana's and LT's, but tiny surface issues were on most of them...please chime in on these. I haven't submitted 1985's before, so not quite sure what to look for on centering (SCAN HEAVY)...

• Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    I really like the design of the 85s, but hate all those head shot photos!!
  • Options
    thehallmarkthehallmark Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭
    Samspop it looks like you're living in 9sville, which actually a pretty good place to be with a box of 85s. Centering, chipping, and print problems are a beast.
  • Options
    1985fan1985fan Posts: 1,952 ✭✭
    I've always loved this set (hence my name), hope you're able to grab some nice high quality subs. I'm down to 55 cards to complete my set.

Good luck everyone!