Home Precious Metals

$10,000,000 rock

derrybderryb Posts: 36,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
Might not be metal, but sure sounds precious.

Government spy stuff on ebay - what is the world coming to? image

I suspect his goal is to get a settlement from the feds after they shut down his program (with no gains) and still used his product. Be interesting to see if this gets yanked before it runs out.

The decline from democracy to tyranny is both a natural and inevitable one.

Comments

• OldEastsideOldEastside Posts: 4,602 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That be pretty neet until someone puts a round through it

Remind me of this article I read a long time ago about an AtlasV rocket engine that
    was being delivered by train from California. some 50 million or so worth of hardware
    and as it went through nomans land in AZ or NM someone put a 50 cent AP round through
    it out there in the desert

Steve
    Promote the Hobby
  • LowBudgetLowBudget Posts: 383 ✭✭
    Lockheed gave us EZPASS, we are all bugged no doubt
    "I'm dropping my standards so that I can buy more"
  • mrpaseomrpaseo Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭
    Nice that he is willing to take cash upon pick up. I wonder if he would take 10 Million Presidential dollars.
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This borders on the absurd.....Cheers, RickO
  • tneigtneig Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭
    Or, just go to Costco and buy some fake rock speakers for $59.

I sensed some tension in his description...

He got 12 offers and I'd give anything to see what they were..
    COA
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    yep, i suspect the listing is just a threat to those he feel owe him money for his development effort. I believe he is banking they will pay him to keep the hardware and the software out of the public's hands.

from his description:

" Shortly after I finished with the link layer encryption needed to pass FAT with Lockheed and we achieved FAT certification and accreditation from the Department of Defense, I was summarily terminated without cause from my position at the company, and my ten percent founders shares in the firm were never repurchased. I was told by the other execs that the product had not been picked up by Lockheed, and therefore that the company had been wound down and dissolved."

Then he provides news links to where the product had actually been used.

• morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭✭✭
    181 watchers, wonder how many are Gov't or Lockheed? A DoD certified technology offered on Ebay, is this legal?
    World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO

<< <i>181 watchers, wonder how many are Gov't or Lockheed? A DoD certified technology offered on Ebay, is this legal? >>

Perfectly legal. Just because DoD certifies something it does not mean they own it. Most all unclassified hardware certified by DoD is available on the open market, that's where DoD procures it from. Such material will have a MIL-SPEC (military specification) or MIL-STD (military standard) number to indicate to DoD buyers that DoD has approved it for DoD purchase. This could be anything from nuts and bolts to ammunition. The process is designed to protect DoD from purchasing inferior supplies or material especially when use in military hardware maintenance and repair.

• morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭✭✭
    644 views per hour, sure is attracting lots of attention.
    World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO

<< <i>644 views per hour, sure is attracting lots of attention. >>

Was featured on this popular website:

Lockheed Martin Spy Rock For Sale on Ebay