Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Another Ebay to block! 26 unpaid cases just in Aug? Possibly more??

Read this guys feedback. He never paid for my item, I gave him a strike, and moved on. What has me puzzled though, is that if you read this guys' feedback, he has done this NUMEROUS times, just in August alone!!! I thought on Ebay it was 3 times and you were out!?! Not 26 times and you are still at bat!!

woodrow-0

Comments

• Options
    08HALA2008HALA20 Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭
    Thanks,

Blocked,

I also set my preferences to not allow bidders with 2 unpaid item strikes.

Joe
  • Options
    EagleEyeKidEagleEyeKid Posts: 4,496 ✭✭
    Non-payment strikes are no big deal anymore. Apparently the 3 strikes rule is no longer in affect which I've noticed.
    Wish it was 3 strikes and your keyboard blows up in your face.
  • Options
    vladguerrerovladguerrero Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭
    I have seen that before with a seller using a buyer account to eliminate competition of cards he had at auction.... Also, raises prices. Worst case he burns out a fake buying account when Ebay eventually tosses him. Could be an interesting research project Bobby.
  • Options
    bobbyw8469bobbyw8469 Posts: 7,139 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Could be an interesting research project Bobby. >>

I'm not good at that sort of thing. Besides, I don't think that is it. The card he won from me was very low value (under $13) with a $9.99 opening bid. Not like I set new world records on the card, and he had buyer's remorse. It was more of a hassle than regret over a high price. Probably just wins cards and changes his mind later. What bothers me though is the trend lately of this sort of buyer on Ebay. Maybe after 50 strikes, they will finally kick him off?
  • Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    if lately is the past ten years, then yes, lately. image
  • Options
    1neatstuff1neatstuff Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭
    crazy ty bobby another one to the bblimage
  • Options
    Baez578Baez578 Posts: 967 ✭✭✭
    Bummer Bobby. Thanks for posting.
  • Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,289 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blocked. Thank you!

Joe
    2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    bigdcardsbigdcards Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭
    I'm not a frequent seller, but I hate this stuff. It forces sellers to be overly cautions and it works against those of us who would never act like this. I bought an item that arrived broken a couple months ago and when I told the seller she just went off and said that I couldn't have my money back and the item. I would never do that, but I could see from her feedback that she may have just had a few lousy experiences in a row. Bummer for everyone.

Thanks for bringing this guy to light. It's better for everyone when these guys get outed.
    To bigdcards: "you are right" - cpamike "That is correct" -grote15
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,543 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ebay no longer cares about non-paying bidders or bid retractors. At least you can block the former when you list.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    miwlvrnmiwlvrn Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There should be buyer DSR's just like seller DSR's, which show unpaid item strikes, ratings on duration for payment after win, & communication. If they don't want to allow neg fdbk for buyers, they could at a very minimum make a counter for strikes.
  • Options
    The npb rule should be very simple. If you have an open npb case against you, you should not be allowed to bid on any items until you have paid for the npb item.

Rick
  • Options
    cardbendercardbender Posts: 1,831 ✭✭

<< <i>There should be buyer DSR's just like seller DSR's, which show unpaid item strikes, ratings on duration for payment after win, & communication. If they don't want to allow neg fdbk for buyers, they could at a very minimum make a counter for strikes. >>

I've been an advocate of DSR's for buyers for years but ebay will never let it happen.
    It would scare away potential buyers and ebay is all about the buyers these days.