Home Precious Metals
Options

"How Money Became Worthless" now on DirecTV

derrybderryb Posts: 36,209 ✭✭✭✭✭
documentary, just started, DirecTV channel 267. Interviews with some of our favorite bloggers.

Concluded. Excellent presentation of all the reasons I have been stacking since 2006.

Next showing 8/27 10 am EST

Synopsis:

(1) FED cannot stop providing loans to the US and those loans will grow in size.
(2) The dollar is the greatest ponzi scheme ever and the bubble will pop.
(3) Gold is the best possible dollar insurance.
(4) Gold price has and continues to be supressed because of its role in revealing fiat currency weakness.
(5) They are most likely lying about how much gold is actually in their vaults and who really owns what is there.
(6) The end game is fiat collapse (hyperinflation) and when triggered (I believe it will be interest rates) it will happen quickly. When most realize it's time to buy gold it will be too late.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

Comments

• Options
    mrearlygoldmrearlygold Posts: 17,858 ✭✭✭
    Dang, no gotz!

Maybe it will appear in youtube soon?

• Options
    mrpaseomrpaseo Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭
    Any say on silver or when they talk gold, they mean* Precious Metals in general?

*s

I'm taking this "s" back as I may need it sometime in the future.
  • Options

<< <i>Any say on silver or when they talk gold, they means Precious Metals in general? >>

precious is precious, it comes in different flavors. image

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,849 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't see mention of goat and chicken egg bartering ?
  • Options
    roob47roob47 Posts: 142 ✭✭✭
    Hey Derryb what channel is that? I don't have direct tv but it may be on like a discovery or national geographic? Thanks I'm gonna start looking for it .
  • Options
    PokermandudePokermandude Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭
    It was a decently good watch. A good explanation of the fiat currency situation. I think they could have gone a bit deeper into the specific properties that gold. They kind of glazed over why gold has been sound money for so many years in the past.

While this program isn't on youtube, I did manage to find it pretty easily on a torrent site. It is also on a site called distractify if you don't mind paying to watch it online.
    http://stores.ebay.ca/Mattscoin - Canadian coins, World Coins, Silver, Gold, Coin lots, Modern Mint Products & Collections
  • Options
    Dang, I have dish TV. I hope they show it on that. I seen "The end of the road" last night, that is another good one.
  • Options

<< <i>Dang, I have dish TV. I hope they show it on that. I seen "The end of the road" last night, that is another good one. >>

Full title is "End of the Road; How Money Became Worthless," probably the same documentary.

YouTube trailer

Also available to those that stream Netflix to their TV

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derryb, your synopsis (one through six) is clear, common sense. So, IMO, clearly illustrated is the manipulation and smoke screen of the financial world as the population fiddles amid the burning. Cheers, RickO
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Dang, I have dish TV. I hope they show it on that. I seen "The end of the road" last night, that is another good one. >>

Full title is "End of the Road; How Money Became Worthless," probably the same documentary.

YouTube trailer

Also available to those that stream Netflix to their TV >>

Yes you are right, same show.
  • Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,504 ✭✭✭
    I think the money printing will go on for another 10 years to keep the musical chairs going. If they can keep it going for 5 years since the collapse.....They will raid the 401K, IRAs before the collapse begins and that has not happened yet-force you to buy treasuries to get the tax break. At first 10%, 20% must be purchased in treasuries onward. They will also make it illegal to take loans out on your 401K or to even cash in your 401k and IRAs. Perhaps nationalization of private IRAs, 401Ks. But that patch will only last 2 years max if they keep running 2 trillion deficits. If the fed goes down, they will be sure to take the rest of us with them.

Still stacking though.
  • Options

<< <i>I think the money printing will go on for another 10 years to keep the musical chairs going. If they can keep it going for 5 years since the collapse.....They will raid the 401K, IRAs before the collapse begins and that has not happened yet-force you to buy treasuries to get the tax break. At first 10%, 20% must be purchased in treasuries onward. They will also make it illegal to take loans out on your 401K or to even cash in your 401k and IRAs. Perhaps nationalization of private IRAs, 401Ks. But that patch will only last 2 years max if they keep running 2 trillion deficits. If the fed goes down, they will be sure to take the rest of us with them.

Still stacking though. >>

Easier to just keep selling IOUs to the FED. I expect them to take gold before IRAs - they can demonize us hoarders and pi$$ off less people.

• Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd bet any gold confiscation would be peanuts, like the amount you get in a single box of cracker jacks peanuts. Not worth the effort I'd think.
  • Options
    OperationButterOperationButter Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

YouTube trailer

Awesome its on Netflix, I will watch tonight. Thanks for updating
    Gold is for savings. Fiat is for transactions.

BST Transactions (as the seller): Collectall, GRANDAM, epcjimi1, wondercoin, jmski52, wheathoarder, jay1187, jdsueu, grote15, airplanenut, bigole
  • Options

• Options

What channel as I too have dish tv! Thanks
  • Options

<< <i>

What channel as I too have dish tv! Thanks >>

the name of the Directv channel is "Pivot."

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,380 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That memo and the followup article are disheartening.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    mrpaseomrpaseo Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

YouTube trailer

<----Thanks, I added it to my que and will watch it tomorrow image
  • Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,621 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I knew it would happen-sorry jmsku- that is of the rhetoric increasing in magnitude and volume.
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    http://find.pivot.tv/ hope this helps find the channel in your area
  • Options
    OperationButterOperationButter Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭

<< <i>That memo and the followup article are disheartening. >>

but expected...
    Gold is for savings. Fiat is for transactions.

BST Transactions (as the seller): Collectall, GRANDAM, epcjimi1, wondercoin, jmski52, wheathoarder, jay1187, jdsueu, grote15, airplanenut, bigole