Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

For the "POOR" members.

EDIT.

It seems people dont need help on this forum. So will just post rich people stuff and act accordingly.

thanks.

Comments

• Options
    EagleEyeKidEagleEyeKid Posts: 4,496 ✭✭

I don't care to check out the site, but the title cracked me up.
  • Options
    ergoismergoism Posts: 315 ✭✭✭
    My brain reads this like a 2:00 AM infomercial for some reason.
  • Options
    no comment
  • Options
    Baez578Baez578 Posts: 967 ✭✭✭

• Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just curious. What do you consider poor?

• Options
    bigdcardsbigdcards Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭
    I'm not poor now, but I will be at 6 pm on Saturday. Can't wait!
    To bigdcards: "you are right" - cpamike "That is correct" -grote15
  • Options

<< <i>Just curious. What do you consider poor? >>

Monetary wise = Having to worry about money and budget while still working full time.

i guess it is a scale . even millionaires are poor by billionaires standards,etc.
  • Options
    pdub1819pdub1819 Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I'm not poor now, but I will be at 6 pm on Saturday. Can't wait! >>

+1
  • Options
    DakilloDakillo Posts: 158 ✭✭
    I actually tried the link...whoops.

Its one of those BS penny auction sites with lots of countdown timers and other bright colors to keep the "poor" people easily distracted from how much they are really spending.
  • Options

<< <i>I actually tried the link...whoops.

Its one of those BS penny auction sites with lots of countdown timers and other bright colors to keep the "poor" people easily distracted from how much they are really spending. >>

it is free and free shipping. lol dont know where you went ?????
  • Options
    dytch2220dytch2220 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭

Its one of those BS penny auction sites with lots of countdown timers and other bright colors to keep the "poor" people easily distracted from how much they are really spending. >>

+1

The website is total junk//BS.
    The N8 Collection: PSA Registry Sets & Showcases
  • Options

<< <i>

+1

The website is total junk//BS. >>

am i missing something? been watching that place for 3 days and reading the blog. But can you two let me know what is wrong with it? it was kind of fun tonight.
    let me know. i already signed up and my kid been on it for a couple of weeks and for sure he dont got money to pay anything.

Never said you are going to get 52' mantles psa 10 free. ??
  • Options
    I have no interest at all in gimmicks like that.
  • Options
    CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    There's a 100% chance you are the owner of these sites. Do you really think nobody would see through this clever "rich people/poor people" ruse?
  • Options
    JuggsJuggs Posts: 495
    I have a poor attitude, does that count?
  • Options
    wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭
    Is there another topic coming for the middle class? I can't wait!
    BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Options

<< <i>There's a 100% chance you are the owner of these sites. Do you really think nobody would see through this clever "rich people/poor people" ruse? >>

i wish. but i learned that on this forum, to blend in.

thanks.
  • Options
    Gemyanks10Gemyanks10 Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭
    You shouldn't have to try to blend in. If you don't feel comfortable with yourself or whatever you do on these message boards then maybe it's not for you. I've been reading a lot of "rich" people "poor" people crap for a few days and it's starting to wear thin a little bit. There's so much good in the hobby and always lots to talk about that there shouldn't be any time for this IMHO. Everyone is different, everyone's financial resources are different, everyone acquires money different ways whether it be through hardwork, inheritance etc. You haven't mentioned once since posting what your collecting focuses are. Half the time when I post here, I barely get any responses because people may not collect what I do and that's fine. At the end of the day there should be no trying to blend in. Just enjoy yourself and let the cards fall where they may..pun intended

Jimmy
    Always looking for OPC "tape intact" baseball wax boxes, and 1984 OPC baseball PSA 10's for my set. Please PM or email me if you have any available.
  • Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
    More class warfare, straight out of the POTUS playbook. Agreed, the site was junk (a whole 2 baseball cards available, yay). It's not that people here are against newer/cheaper places to get cards, it's just that site was a scam that I would never give any personal info to. I get enough junk mail, email, phone calls, texts, etc. Others here are always looking for and many are members of other forums and auction sites and are well versed enough to spot scams/junk.

Most everyone here is focused on collecting what they enjoy. There's been a similar level of excitement for a $5 hard to find item as there has for $5000 items, the only one concerned with rich/poor that I've seen on the boards in the few months I've been a member is the OP.
  • Options
    daprodapro Posts: 209 ✭✭
    As long you are happy you are "rich" in my book.
  • Options
    gemyanks thanks great post.

As for larkin. forget those sites. i am here to collect what i want now since i got a feel for the forum now. Serious buyer here.

Looking for cash deals up to $50,000 cash, both documented and ???? deals. Not paying ebay prices. similar to a hard cash loan ---- Discount for access to cash now no asking wife,loans,banks,credit checks and all that BS or waiting around. instant cash.
    deals can be done at the bank if you feel uncomfortable with $50,000 cash involved.. I can fly and meet at the airport or bank depending on the deal.

No personal info from me. just a deal for legit cards and cash.

Forget being a nice guy on this board. just business now.

SO if you are in a bind and need CASH NOW. let me know. straight business deals from now, no nice guy and help as this board seems secured financially and knows everything.

sometimes it is tough being a nice guy. lol

• Options
    no comment
  • Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>CDsfkd,Dakifkd,dytch2fjd,Larkinfkd >>

Mission accomplished, I made the cut...

Don't Ignore the Trolls. Feed Them Until They Explode.

• Options
    Yup feeding them more.

Is this over or under $50,000?
    please dont steal this picture, as it is my personal stash.

Ready to buy. PC purchases would be Jim Brown, Ichiro , Bird/magic/Dr.J

• Options
    bobbybakerivbobbybakeriv Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Yup feeding them more.

image >>

Under....and WTF?
  • Options

<< <i>

image >>

Under....and WTF? >>

You right 47K, the dude wanted 60+ and took the 47K.

Just love life and not uptight about collecting like a small minority of snob collectors on this board or wannabee top dogs.

• Options
    CDsfkd,Dakifkd,dytch2fjd,Larkinfkd

What exactly does this mean?
  • Options

<< <i>CDsfkd,Dakifkd,dytch2fkd,Larkinfkd

What exactly does this mean? >>

in the future when people need something i know if i should help. some people dont need any help and some do. Just want to remember who to help.
    Just cliff notes. nothing important.
  • Options
    Baez578Baez578 Posts: 967 ✭✭✭

image >>

Regarding your class posts - I personally think its counter productive to take this approach to the hobby. For most here, it's not about $$$ but rather what cards you like and what you can afford to buy within your budget.

For example, I'm a huge Clemente fan (like many on this forum) and I share very pleasant conversations about my PSA 4,5,6 clementes with those that own PSA 7,8, & 9's. if I couldn't afford 4,5,6's I would still enjoy conversations about my 1,2,&3's.

Regarding your site recommendations, I personally didn't like the site....but that's no reason to get offended either. So you know, we have a few members that have followed a similar path to yours where they make a few posts, then pop up with some "miracle website" that's supposed to revolutionize the hobby. I think it's because of this that some have gone into attack mode with you.

Now, if you're not one of those members, then great.

But, if you are one of those members mentioned above, then just come clean or find another site where members are more gullible.

• Options
    Forget the sites, i had about 10 sites i found of interest this weekend. But heck with that.

As for the "attack" mode i have no problem as the main thing is that those that attack should be able to take the "bite" when attacked back.
    That is all i ask.

Lurked this site for awhile trying to see how the graded hobby and next generation collectors are coming along. Little confused about the register thing, as i came to this site to gather more information on this "register" thing at first as i seen a listing of some sort on ebay "Be the 1st and only psa registered set, yad yad and selling for $10,000" . That set selling for $10,000 i have 2 full and 3 90% full sets in better condition raw cards. I still dont understand that register thing. But anyway, i have fun and can roll with the blows easily. and its attack mode now.

• Options
    georgebailey2georgebailey2 Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭
    Was fjd a typo (j is next to k)?

Now, on to guessing what fkd stand for?

I got nothing unless the k goes with the f.
  • Options

<< <i>Was fjd a typo (j is next to k)?

Now, on to guessing what fkd stand for?

I got nothing unless the k goes with the f. >>

I think the J was a typo.
  • Options
    fergie23fergie23 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭✭
    Considering he corrected your post Dpeck from dytch2fjd to dytch2fkd I would imagine he just isn't smart enough to realize he has a typo in his signature line.

<< CDsfkd,Dakifkd,dytch2fkd,Larkinfkd

in the future when people need something i know if i should help. some people dont need any help and some do. Just want to remember who to help.

I am pretty sure most everyone on this board knows what "fkd" is supposed to mean. Gbreak will be gone soon enough, maybe when he grows up he will come back.

Robb
  • Options
    Yes Fergie I think it is very clear what the fkd is meant to mean.

• Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭
    On first glance, and the only reason I clicked it, I thought the R was actually a P. After reading the thread, it should be.
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    employees should not be posting on forums during working hours. Some people consider that stealing from the company.

If your posting from work, please be thankful that your are still employed . Alot of people are less fortunate in this economy, having a job is something your should be more respectful of.

so as we speak, i am 5'2" and fat. Poor. own multiple websites and only collect under $6 cards.

I do fly and meet people for larger purchases. Cash no trail. that is good.
  • Options
    CakesCakes Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>CDsfkd,Dakifkd,dytch2fjd,Larkinfkd >>

Mission accomplished, I made the cut...

Don't Ignore the Trolls. Feed Them Until They Explode.

image >>

Man that dynamite jumps off the screen.
    Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Options

<< <i>Considering he corrected your post Dpeck from dytch2fjd to dytch2fkd I would imagine he just isn't smart enough to realize he has a typo in his signature line.

<< CDsfkd,Dakifkd,dytch2fkd,Larkinfkd

I am pretty sure most everyone on this board knows what "fkd" is supposed to mean. Gbreak will be gone soon enough, maybe when he grows up he will come back.

Robb >>

get your minds out of the gutter.
    lets call the NFLPA and suspend this player also for his card "id".
  • Options
    bobbybakerivbobbybakeriv Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭✭
    This thread is entirely schizo...or, as a sailor might say, fkd.
  • Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭
  • Options
  • Options
    I would have posted earlier but I can only afford one post a week.
  • Options
    EstilEstil Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭✭
    Um, what did I miss?
    WISHLIST
    Dimes: 54S, 53P, 50P, 49S, 45D+S, 44S, 43D, 41S, 40D+S, 39D+S, 38D+S, 37D+S, 36S, 35D+S, all 16-34's
    Quarters: 52S, 47S, 46S, 40S, 39S, 38S, 37D+S, 36D+S, 35D, 34D, 32D+S
    74 Topps: 37,38,46,47,48,138,151,193,210,214,223,241,256,264,268,277,289,316,435,552,570,577,592,602,610,654,655
    1997 Finest silver: 115, 135, 139, 145, 310
    1995 Ultra Gold Medallion Sets: Golden Prospects, HR Kings, On-Base Leaders, Power Plus, RBI Kings, Rising Stars
  • Options

<< <i>Um, what did I miss? >>

You missed this:

• Options
    Kind of looks like me.
  • Options
    Buying

<< <i>image >>

• Options

<< <i>Um, what did I miss? >>

As Snuffy well illustrated, that was a clown question bro. image

Snorto~
  • Options
    dytch2220dytch2220 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭
    What ever happened to this guy? This thread was pretty entertaining...
    The N8 Collection: PSA Registry Sets & Showcases
  • Options
    he made it big with his website and moved to costa rica