Home Precious Metals
Options

I turned in 2,200 zink cents today.

mrpaseomrpaseo Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭
I asked if they had any half dollars, I was told they had about a thousand of them but the drawer was already cashed out for the day and they would not give them to me today. I can go back tomorrow and pick them up at 0900.

I then asked if they had any Ike dollars... they had no idea what I was talking about. I then said, "Eisenhower dollars"... still nothing. I finally made a circle with my fingers and said, "The big dollar coins"... Nothing. I said, can you order some for me... they said NO. lol. I then said, what about the Presidential or Sac dollars... They said they have a few... Looks like I will need another source for dollars as well. At least I will be good for a few weeks with the half dollars image

Comments

• Options
    Do any of you mark your rolls when you turn them in? I am thinking about putting a Z on them as I turn them in. When I roll my copper I put a C on them so I will not mistake them when I turn in the zink (Or my wife will not turn them in).
  • Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's pretty obvious over this way when you get a half roll that's been recycled. I give them out for the kids so I don't care, but you can tell when you're going to draw a goose egg.
  • Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,539 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>.........I was told they had about a thousand of them........... >>

Sounds like someone's dump (1000 halves in a $500 box), but the rule is always buy them all. If you can get rid of them with no problem anyway, you're actually doing the bank you're taking them from a favor, and that could garner you future consideration from them with regard to coinage.
  • Options
    roob47roob47 Posts: 142 ✭✭✭
    Yes I mark all dime rolls with an "R" I need to start coin roll hunting again.......
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did mark my searched rolls of halves....but never found anything, so I stopped searching. Maybe start again...Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    I picked up $500 in halves this morning. Come to find out she had $990 in halves but I did not have the bank roll available to purchase the lot. While we were conducting business she told me that someone brings in about $500 per week... Obviously this is a dumping ground for a searcher and I will never find anything good here.

These halves will serve their purpose in my 52 week challenge but I am going to have to locate another bank to search rolls.