Home Precious Metals
Options

APMEX had 2013 ASE's on sale ....PRICE INCREASED 8/16..

OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
Link

Title modified title to reflect today's price increase
"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."

Comments

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,200 ✭✭✭✭✭
    got the limit of 50 coins, thanks!

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

• Options
    someone forgot to take down that auction. lol I love refreshing it and watching the number of lots sold uptick. haha

derryb - you got 50 lots of 10?!?! or 5 lots of 10?

I wonder what their limit is. Incredible day for silver. Incredible week for silver!
    successful transactions with: vpr, robman, piecesofme, metalsman, gdavis70, agentjim007, ranshdow and more to come!
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What are the chances these ASE's are unsearched?image

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    OperationButterOperationButter Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭
    thanks for the heads up! im in for 2 image
    Gold is for savings. Fiat is for transactions.

BST Transactions (as the seller): Collectall, GRANDAM, epcjimi1, wondercoin, jmski52, wheathoarder, jay1187, jdsueu, grote15, airplanenut, bigole
  • Options

<< <i>What are the chances these ASE's are unsearched?image >>

I don't believe they have the manpower to peruse through each tube & cherry pick. The last time APMEX had a similar sale in early June, they sold almost 50,000 ASE's, shipped them out within 2 days, and the ones I received where tone & spot free.
    Hoping for similar results from this purchase.
  • Options
    limit 5 lots, 50 coins total. Wife also bought some.

245 watchers. they'll be watching from the top of the bleachers if they don't act soon.

• Options
    Jinx86Jinx86 Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Picked up my 4 lots. They cant even sell them to me that cheap here at work. Glad I had extra $ on hand.
  • Options
    I wonder how many ASEs they sell on an average day versus today. I've been watching it now and then for maybe an hour and they've sold about 1,000 ASEs in this one auction.
    successful transactions with: vpr, robman, piecesofme, metalsman, gdavis70, agentjim007, ranshdow and more to come!
  • Options
    guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,240 ✭✭✭
    I'm in for 1 lot, thanks for the heads up. 404 lots already sold when I clicked the BIN.
    @ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.
  • Options
    Thanks for the heads up - in for 4
  • Options
    nibannynibanny Posts: 2,761
    Thanks for the heads up!Got 2 rolls.
    The member formerly known as Ciccio / Posts: 1453 / Joined: Apr 2009
  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,987 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bought 2 rolls. Don't know why, but I did. They do give fast feedback tho.

In retrospect, I shudda added 2 or 3 rolls to my JM order.
  • Options
    i got 4.. i was gonna get a 5th 1 but they wanted tax on it .. im assuming its cause the 1000$ ,,, so i got 40 ase comin...
    collector of gold and silver bullion..Owner of "aaa trash be gone" buffalo ny
    references for completed transactions : smittys , guitarwes , vetter, JamesM , durexmetals, luke marshall ,perry hall, indiananationals,tamu15 , freechance , wdrob, jimineez1
  • Options
    rawteam1rawteam1 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭

lol, classic PH, but y would i buy these from Apmex, when i can buy +$4.50 from numi guys?...
    keceph `anah
  • Options

<< <i>

lol, classic PH, but y would i buy these from Apmex, when i can buy +$4.50 from numi guys?... >>

It's pretty nice when you can [provided you can meet the minimum] buy from the same place your dealer does.
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,415 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

lol, classic PH, but y would i buy these from Apmex, when i can buy +$4.50 from numi guys?... >>

I'm not sure I understand your question but I never said it was a bad deal even if all the potential 70 were cherry picked from these rolls for slabbing. People buying these rolls should realize that they have probably been searched.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Up $1.50/oz since the sale started! image
  • Options
    I'm sure that eBay and PP are lovin it.
  • Options
    Classof67Classof67 Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭
    Got a roll before they went up.
    GREAT BST transactions with Wondercoin, segoja, moderncoinmart, notwilight, wingsrule, 123cents, fivecents, hunted, alohagary, ibzman350, WTCG, sonofagunk, amigo, coincoins, dcgolfer, chumley, nycounsel, tootawl, guitarwes, kimber45ACP, Zubie, Egger, RYK, 1tommy, EagleEye, NEFPROLLC, jmdm1194, Coinfolio
  • Options
    635 sold in 24 hours. impressive

BST Transactions (as the seller): Collectall, GRANDAM, epcjimi1, wondercoin, jmski52, wheathoarder, jay1187, jdsueu, grote15, airplanenut, bigole
  • Options

<< <i>Got a roll before they went up. >>

They are still $254.99 for 10, and have remained so since the sale began...obviously not tied to spot + as I first reported.
  • Options
    LogPotatoLogPotato Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the heads up, OPA. I bought 20 of them at around 290 sold. I thought they would be done by now. Currently at 790 sold. image
  • Options
    celloscellos Posts: 128 ✭✭
    Wish I could buy some. I just went to hit the buy it now and apmex blocked me? ummm wtf is that? I have purchased from them like 8-10 times, always paid immediately and always left positive feedback. In fact I have never even sent them any type of communication at all except positive feedbacks and instant payments.
  • Options
    Because of the limited quantity, it's probably a promotion to attract new, direct customers. With the recent rise in silver, they probably bought these ASEs cheaper and are still making money.

• Options

<< <i>Wish I could buy some. I just went to hit the buy it now and apmex blocked me? ummm wtf is that? I have purchased from them like 8-10 times, always paid immediately and always left positive feedback. In fact I have never even sent them any type of communication at all except positive feedbacks and instant payments. >>

Try again, wife had to make two attempts to get her purchase through.

• Options
    Looks like there's just 350 available at this moment.

But I forget -- with those BIN listings on eBay, can the seller add more quantity while the listing is still active, or do they have to re-list?

@cellos: Do you have any other eBay buying accounts? You can create as many as you want, I believe.
  • Options

<< <i>Looks like there's just 350 available at this moment.

But I forget -- with those BIN listings on eBay, can the seller add more quantity while the listing is still active, or do they have to re-list?

@cellos: Do you have any other eBay buying accounts? You can create as many as you want, I believe. >>

I covered his needs.
  • Options
    In a BIN listing, quantity can be revised, even after a sale has been made.

• Options
    dontippetdontippet Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭✭
    My thoughts exactly and this promotion will bring me in for my first purchase.
    > [Click on this link to see my ebay listings.](https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=&amp;_in_kw=1&amp;_ex_kw=&amp;_sacat=0&amp;_udlo=&amp;_udhi=&amp;_ftrt=901&amp;_ftrv=1&amp;_sabdlo=&amp;_sabdhi=&amp;_samilow=&amp;_samihi=&amp;_sadis=15&amp;_stpos=61611&amp;_sargn=-1&saslc=1&amp;_salic=1&amp;_fss=1&amp;_fsradio=&LH_SpecificSeller=1&amp;_saslop=1&amp;_sasl=mygirlsthree3&amp;_sop=12&amp;_dmd=1&amp;_ipg=50&amp;_fosrp=1)
    >

Successful transactions on the BST boards with rtimmer, coincoins, gerard, tincup, tjm965, MMR, mission16, dirtygoldman, AUandAG, deadmunny, thedutymon, leadoff4, Kid4HOF03, BRI2327, colebear, mcholke, rpcolettrane, rockdjrw, publius, quik, kalinefan, Allen, JackWESQ, CON40, Griffeyfan2430, blue227, Tiggs2012, ndleo, CDsNuts, ve3rules, doh, MurphDawg, tennessebanker, and gene1978.
  • Options
    dontippetdontippet Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭✭
    Price just jumped to $286.03.
    > [Click on this link to see my ebay listings.](https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=&amp;_in_kw=1&amp;_ex_kw=&amp;_sacat=0&amp;_udlo=&amp;_udhi=&amp;_ftrt=901&amp;_ftrv=1&amp;_sabdlo=&amp;_sabdhi=&amp;_samilow=&amp;_samihi=&amp;_sadis=15&amp;_stpos=61611&amp;_sargn=-1&saslc=1&amp;_salic=1&amp;_fss=1&amp;_fsradio=&LH_SpecificSeller=1&amp;_saslop=1&amp;_sasl=mygirlsthree3&amp;_sop=12&amp;_dmd=1&amp;_ipg=50&amp;_fosrp=1)
    >

Successful transactions on the BST boards with rtimmer, coincoins, gerard, tincup, tjm965, MMR, mission16, dirtygoldman, AUandAG, deadmunny, thedutymon, leadoff4, Kid4HOF03, BRI2327, colebear, mcholke, rpcolettrane, rockdjrw, publius, quik, kalinefan, Allen, JackWESQ, CON40, Griffeyfan2430, blue227, Tiggs2012, ndleo, CDsNuts, ve3rules, doh, MurphDawg, tennessebanker, and gene1978.
  • Options

<< <i>Price just jumped to $286.03. >>

As the saying goes: "He who hesitates..etc etc" or "The early bird etc etc"image

• Options
    Wowsa tree bucks a coin! bump.
  • Options
    And the listing watchers keep watching.

• Options
    Jinx86Jinx86 Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Told everyone I know that was into PM's, if they wanted to buy this was their chance. 5 or 6 of my friends picked up a 2-5 lots each.

Had our wholesale guy look into it too, the price was lower they they could even get.

Edit to add

Price is now 284.28 was 283.76 earlier.
  • Options

<< <i>Told everyone I know that was into PM's, if they wanted to buy this was their chance. 5 or 6 of my friends picked up a 2-5 lots each.

Had our wholesale guy look into it too, the price was lower they they could even get. >>

Yep it beats tulving and DBScoins and they require an order of 500.

• Options
    tincuptincup Posts: 4,765 ✭✭✭✭✭
    $285.93 and they are now also charging for shipping of $4.95; those who jumped in fast got a deal while it lasted.
    ----- kj
  • Options

<< <i>

@cellos: Do you have any other eBay buying accounts? You can create as many as you want, I believe. >>

I covered his needs. >>

Thank you for your help on this.

I called Apmex and they did not block me and Ebay is saying they did not block me either. Basically no one knows why I am blocked right now and it is being escalated to tech support. Hopefully this gets fixed soon
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

I covered his needs. >>

I called Apmex and they did not block me and Ebay is saying they did not block me either. Basically no one knows why I am blocked right now and it is being escalated to tech support. Hopefully this gets fixed soon >>

Maybe Bill Me Later did. If you have an account with them, all purchases by default, automatically are directed to them, unless you instruct PayPal otherwise when paying for your purchase. Perhaps that purchase would have exceeded your credit limit. Just a wild guess though
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

I covered his needs. >>

I called Apmex and they did not block me and Ebay is saying they did not block me either. Basically no one knows why I am blocked right now and it is being escalated to tech support. Hopefully this gets fixed soon >>

You're welcome on that Matt. BTW did they offer to sell any to you under their first listing price?
  • Options

<< <i>Looks like there's just 350 available at this moment. >>

I've noticed that that Availble=350 notation for the item (on the watchcount site) has been "stuck" at that number for a long while. Strange.

But the total and sold quantities seem to be increasing. At the moment: 1483 total - 1133 sold = "350" available. (The View Count seems to be actively increasing as well.)

I'm not sure how they'd pull that off, aside from tediously increasing the total quantity with each sale. Maybe there's a listing tool that automates it. Yeah, there must be.
  • Options
    started out 2.49 over spot, now 5.34 over spot. and, as mentioned, they've added 4.95 shipping. No longer a good deal.

Guess ya gotta catch these APMEX specials early. Keep ya eyes open, they've done it twice, probably do it again.

• Options

<< <i>started out 2.49 over spot, now 5.34 over spot. and, as mentioned, they've added 4.95 shipping. No longer a good deal. >>

Maybe one day soon it will seem like a good deal.image
  • Options
    nibannynibanny Posts: 2,761
    Received my first tracking number just now!
    The member formerly known as Ciccio / Posts: 1453 / Joined: Apr 2009
  • Options
    guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,240 ✭✭✭
    nothing yet on my order
    @ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.
  • Options

<< <i>Received my first tracking number just now! >>

As did I for both orders.
  • Options
    Just received mine as well.

• Options
    Got 1 in My Ebay, looks like they printed a label, but haven't yet shipped.

• Options
    My tracking# indicates mailed today & now: in transit image
  • Options
    I would like to give a big thank you to Bajjerfan. When I was mysteriously blocked from purchasing from Apmex he stepped up and offered to sell me 10 from his personal stack at the price listed on Ebay. They arrived today and look great! Thank you so much for helping me out.

After several phone calls to Apmex and Ebay I have been unblocked. Both parties claim they never blocked me but as long as its fixed that's all that matters.
  • Options

<< <i>I would like to give a big thank you to Bajjerfan. When I was mysteriously blocked from purchasing from Apmex he stepped up and offered to sell me 10 from his personal stack at the price listed on Ebay. They arrived today and look great! Thank you so much for helping me out.

After several phone calls to Apmex and Ebay I have been unblocked. Both parties claim they never blocked me but as long as its fixed that's all that matters. >>

All's well that ends well. My pleasure.