Home Sports Talk
Options

Jack Clark comments on Albert Pujols...

swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
looks like the ball should be dropping real soon on this...

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
- uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...

Comments

• Options
    1985fan1985fan Posts: 1,952 ✭✭
    Clark was fired for these comments, which seems like a wild overreaction, unless there is something more to these comments that Pujols and the Cardinals organization they want hushed up.

Would anyone be surprised by anyone being busted for PED use at this point though? Why is it so wrong to speculate, given the rampant PED use that pervades MLB? I don't think Clark's take was necessarily the most tactful way to go, but I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to find out that Pujols used PEDs often in his career.
  • Options

<< <i>Would anyone be surprised by anyone being busted for PED use at this point though? >>

Nope. I wouldn't be surprised if even some of the recently retired guys we all assume (and hope) were clean are busted.

Snorto~
  • Options
    mcadamsmcadams Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭
    What did Clark say?
    Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

Always buying Bobby Cox inserts. PM me.
  • Options
    digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭
    Clark said that a former Cardinals trainer who worked with Pujols admitted to him that he injected Pujols with steroids himself. Clark said that the trainer had no reason to lie, so he believes without a shadow of a doubt that Pujols is dirty.

After Clark's comment, both Pujols and the trainer denied everything, and Pujols said that he's going to sue Clark for slander.
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>What did Clark say? >>

Summary
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    gregmo32gregmo32 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭
    "After Clark's comment, both Pujols and the trainer denied everything, and Pujols said that he's going to sue Clark for slander."

We'll refer to this as the "Lance Armstrong Defense."
    I am buying and trading for RC's of Wilt Chamberlain, George Mikan, Bill Russell, Oscar Robertson, Jerry West, and Bob Cousy!
    Don't waste your time and fees listing on ebay before getting in touch me by PM or at gregmo32@aol.com !
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>"After Clark's comment, both Pujols and the trainer denied everything, and Pujols said that he's going to sue Clark for slander."

We'll refer to this as the "Lance Armstrong Defense." >>

Very well played, sir.

So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭
    Jack Clark is well known for being a clown and the knowledge was not first hand like Canseco. I'll pass on his comments although I would not be surprised by anyone in sports being dirty.
    BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Options
    mcadamsmcadams Posts: 2,611 ✭✭✭

<< <i>"After Clark's comment, both Pujols and the trainer denied everything, and Pujols said that he's going to sue Clark for slander."

We'll refer to this as the "Lance Armstrong Defense." >>

Now that's funny :>
    Successful transactions with: thedutymon, tsalems1, davidpuddy, probstein123, lodibrewfan, gododgersfan, dialj, jwgators, copperjj, larryp, hookem, boopotts, crimsontider, rogermnj, swartz1, Counselor

Always buying Bobby Cox inserts. PM me.
  • Options
    1985fan1985fan Posts: 1,952 ✭✭
    So when is Pujols going to be filing that lawsuit? Not like has to play ball again anytime soon...