Home Precious Metals

Small mention. Sold some 1oz bars for $26

tneigtneig Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭
...at the flea market today. Just some birthday type bars, nothing special. It doesn't matter what I paid for these originally, correct? As long as I flip the money
fast into ASEs or Engelhard bars or the like?

Just shows there are different price audiences. I am seeing prices at auctions and flea markets go for higher, just because (I think) the level of the audience knowledge.
At Fridays auction they were selling .466 french/Canadian coins as "Silver Coins" and the bids went to near .999 prices. I talked to the fella that bought them
and he asked if they were good deals and that silver coins are valuable? All I could say in a short time was buy .999 american bars or coins. But at the next item up for auction same thing happened. They bidded up plain ole Morgans for $27 as well. So there was no silver I was buying that night. Did end up with a few $12 large cents though. Go figure.

Got rid of some of my mint state quarter rolls for cost ($14) and was glad to get that. Cleaning out the low end stuff and flipping for better
stuff even though silver is depressed.
COA

Comments

• cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,941 ✭✭✭✭✭
    selling .466 french/Canadian coins as "Silver Coins" and the bids went to near .999 prices. I talked to the fella that bought them and he asked if they were good deals and that silver coins are valuable?

Fools and their money are soon parted.
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    fun fun, the hunt goes on image
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.
  • LochNESSLochNESS Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Cleaning out the low end stuff and flipping for better stuff even though silver is depressed. >>

Something every good collector should do often, IMO. And purging is good, too sometimes.
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just keep adding good stuff and soon you will not have to purge....image Cheers, Rick
  • tneigtneig Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭
    So I replaced(flipped) the recently sold birthday bars by buying some nice treats at spot +$1 with the profit from selling the bars.

1/2 oz Canadian 2006 Aurgent Pur Wolf in the package
    20g Credit Suisse silver bars (amark like bar) in the package (2)

10g junk which I thought ok since its only 10g and at the price its a good frag for the collection - which I promptly lost down the seam of my wife's car door pocket. (She won't know why later her car door makes a funny sound when closing it, or why the plastic seems to be pulled out..)

These are too nice to sell, so they'll be part of my collection. I've got more art bars to flip. When the price goes up, I'd be flipping some of my mexican silver. I like it and will keep some for the collection, but don't want to count on them being easily exchangeable or resellable.

edit: added 'wolf'
    COA
  • tneigtneig Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭
    Finally got the cell phone camera working. Nice even toning of the Credit Suisse in the packages. I'm so tempted to take them out but best to leave them.

COA