Home Metal Detecting
Options

August 10, 2013: 1818 Large Cent, 10 buttons, couple other goodies

pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭✭
Got back yesterday to the place that's been producing lately. Slow to start, found a pewter spoon/fork handle, a silver plated spoon piece, half-round something or other with hole at top?, and towards the end of the hunt, got a sweet coin signal, turned out to be an 1818 large cent! Not too bad. Also got 10 more buttons, and what looks to be an 1898 IHC that was shot? Might be a while until I can go back, but this place has produced well. HH all!

Comments

• Options
    hchcoinhchcoin Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That site has produced some great finds and I do believe some old silver must be lurking there. Hope you can get back to it soon.... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice !!! image
    Timbuk3
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    nice scores, wtg image
  • Options
    guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,240 ✭✭✭
    That site has produced some great finds and I do believe some old silver must be lurking there. Hope you can get back to it soon.... Cheers, RickO

I'm with Ricko. There's lots of really good stuff just waiting to see daylight again. Just pound the ground hard and it'll turn up. A real honey hole it is....
    @ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.
  • Options
    that half round thing looks like a religious medal. I have found some of similar style in 1790's Spanish mission sites. wish I could dig LC's, but they are so uncommon to find here.
    these are some medals that date to maybe 1830's.
  • Options
    I can only imagine the rare silver that is lurking below the surface....damn I am so envious!!!!
  • Options
    pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks guys! And thanks Demo for posting your older medals. It does somewhat resemble your pieces, but we will probably never know for sure what it is. How many medals do you have in your collection?

There has to be silver out there somewhere. There have been a few random wheat cents and copper memorials out here too, so hopefully the first silver won't be a Roosie! But, it sure would beat a clad one.

Demo, didn't you say you've found some Spanish silver in your area?

Good hunting everyone!
  • Options
    I've only found 3, 1800 half real, 1817 1 reale, 1780 1 reale.
    this the half real:
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man, that's an impressive haul of flat buttons.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.