Home Precious Metals

Question about silver eagle rolls

rawteam1rawteam1 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭
What possibly could one be searching for in a silver eagle roll that could make it more than just silver bullion?
Is there possibly a gold eagle mixed up in with the silver??? ...
Or a platinum eagle?...Oh brother,LOL...
keceph `anah

Comments

• BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 31,056 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>What possibly could one be searching for in a silver eagle roll that could make it more than just silver bullion?
    Is there possibly a gold eagle mixed up in with the silver??? ...
    Or a platinum eagle?...Oh brother,LOL... >>

mostly cherry picking the 70s.

theknowitalltroll;
  • DorkGirlDorkGirl Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭
    Yep, looking for 70s.
    Becky
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    or strike errors

"How many times can a man turn his head and pretend he just doesn’t see?” - Bob Dylan

• piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    You guys can tell the difference between a 69 or 70 on an ASE? What's your success rate at that, and be honest.
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,118 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>You guys can tell the difference between a 69 or 70 on an ASE? What's your success rate at that, and be honest. >>

Truthfully? ASE's are one of the easiest coins to grade for potential 70's...........Best if viewed through a 5x power loop. I prefer a magnifying glass.

a) full strike
    b) void of any contact marks, hairlines, clouds or tiny ticks
    c) even distribution metal flow
    d) no rim damage or dings

If you have one of those, your chances are good in a 70 grade. My PCGS success rate is about 60%....(The one area that I fall short in, is the knowledge of what PCGS considers a Full Strike for a particular year)
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • LochNESSLochNESS Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭
    I tend to agree on mega popular NCLT like these, although I have seen milk spots on 70s from other countries like Koalas and Maple Leafs. But never seen milky ASE 70s.
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE

• guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,256 ✭✭✭
    First to look for would be strike errors or toning. Then MS70's (if you're that good).

My local dealer found a couple of strike through errors once that come out of a sealed Monster box. One of them was a strike through involving a thin piece of clear plastic film that was still stuck to the coin. He sent it off to ANACS for certification and they peeled off the piece of plastic before slabbing it...... image
    @ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.