Home Metal Detecting
Options

I ws able to get out for a while Sunday...

It was certainly hot! Didn't find much in the way of old goodies, but I did find an old Navy button with some gilt still on it, and one wheat cent, 1956. One pieces small silver chain and a small figure of a priest or monk or something...a lot of quarters....I am on a quarter roll it seems!

I was also pestered by the police three times over a permit...I have one but I had to stop every time , drag out my drivers license and permit, and wait for them to read it. They were always polite, but sheesh! I hve never been asked for my permit in over 30 years of detecting....oh well..a sign of the times I guess...

Comments

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neat old Navy button, and I like the priestly figurine. I think you'll find he's a saint.

St. Francis, maybe? He'd probably have a bird or an animal in hand if that were the case. What's he holding?

Maybe our Catholic readers can chime in on that.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭✭
    That button looks pretty neat... any idea on age?

You might be able to get an idea based on what's stamped on the back.

Now that you have a Wheat cent, time to sport some silver!
  • Options

<< <i>You might be able to get an idea based on what's stamped on the back. >>

The back says: Waterbury Button Company, Connecticut.

No idea on the age...
  • Options

<< <i>Neat old Navy button, and I like the priestly figurine. I think you'll find he's a saint.

St. Francis, maybe? He'd probably have a bird or an animal in hand if that were the case. What's he holding?

Maybe our Catholic readers can chime in on that. >>

I can't tell what he's holding, it's pretty small....Pretty neat though, I thought.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not a bad day.... is there some type of problem lately there with MD'rs?? Seems strange the police would be checking that much..... three times in one outing seems to indicate some issue... Cheers, RickO
  • Options

<< <i>Not a bad day.... is there some type of problem lately there with MD'rs?? Seems strange the police would be checking that much..... three times in one outing seems to indicate some issue... Cheers, RickO >>

Not a problem that I know of really....I was actually right across from the city police station, and it was a simple trek fro them to walk over...the city manager had to come over too...so I guess they had nothing better to do.
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I was actually right across from the city police station, and it was a simple trek fro them to walk over >>

Queen's Square, huh?

I've hunted it at all hours of the day and night, and never had anybody so much as raise an eyebrow. Most of the cops roll right past and don't look at me. The few that have seen me waved.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.