Home Metal Detecting
Options

Got out yesterday for a short while

I was able to get out yesterday for just a bit, not quite 30 min. I had read that uprooted trees can provide good finds, so I searched around a large one just past my backyard that was uprooted last year by Hurricane Sandy. No luck, only pulled out one rusty bottlecap.

Then I moved down the street to a spot in the woods that I've been wanting to hunt for a while now. Parental responsibilities limited my hunt there to 15-20 minutes. I pulled out 2 copper Lincolns and 2 Zincolns and I believe the spot holds more promise. I'll have to return when I have more time.

Comments

• Options
    guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,240 ✭✭✭
    can't find anything if you don't go. Keep on poundin' the ground and some good finds will eventually show up.
    @ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    it'll turn up, keep at it.
  • Options
    pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭✭
    Worth a shot to check back. Hopefully some silver and wheats start showing up for you!
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Continuous, relentless pursuit....... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    WhiteTornadoWhiteTornado Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭
    I will say one thing about this Tesoro Cibola, it gives a very hot, consistent signal on coins.
  • Options

<< <i>I will say one thing about this Tesoro Cibola, it gives a very hot, consistent signal on coins. >>

That's a good thing....A good solid hit is always a welcome signal. Keep at it...goodies are in your future...
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>can't find anything if you don't go >>

And that right there pretty much sums up my Achilles heel when it comes to detecting. image

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.