Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Comments

• Options
    itzagoneritzagoner Posts: 8,753 ✭✭
    collectorz? huh. substituting a "z". how zilly.
  • Options
    JuggsJuggs Posts: 495
    I've got a bunch of commons and gum....bid placed.
  • Options
    calaban7calaban7 Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭
    For some on these boards , gum and wrappers , is better than alone time in their basement .---- Sonny
    " In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act " --- George Orwell
  • Options
    dytch2220dytch2220 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭
    HAHAHAHA. $7.00 shipping for an empty box and wrappers!
    The N8 Collection: PSA Registry Sets & Showcases
  • Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>HAHAHAHA. $7.00 shipping for an empty box and wrappers! >>

Keep in mind the buyer needs to receive the box in good condition so it will be shipped in another box and will easily be $6 or more for the shipping alone at the post office.

• Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

It will probably cost close to that much ... can't flatten the box and will need a larger box to put it in. It's a light piece, but the box dimensions will push up the shipping cost.

Gotta luv these auctions ... it will put a smile on some scumbags face!

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    ClockworkAngelClockworkAngel Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

It will probably cost close to that much ... can't flatten the box and will need a larger box to put it in. It's a light piece, but the box dimensions will push up the shipping cost.

Gotta luv these auctions ... it will put a smile on some scumbags face! >>

Are you referring to the seller being the scumbag for selling this? I see legitimate value in the wrappers and box and can't blame him for selling. Selling the gum with it is where it is scumbaggy IMO as there is no reason to want the gum other than attempting to reseal. But the wrappers and box could make for a collector's item to someone, no?
    The Clockwork Angel Collection...brought to you by Bank of America, Wells Fargo, and Chase
    TheClockworkAngelCollection
  • Options
    elsnortoelsnorto Posts: 2,013

<< <i>Are you referring to the seller being the scumbag for selling this? I see legitimate value in the wrappers and box and can't blame him for selling. Selling the gum with it is where it is scumbaggy IMO as there is no reason to want the gum other than attempting to reseal. But the wrappers and box could make for a collector's item to someone, no? >>

The addition of the gum would obviously make this a resealer's wet dream and, presumably, the seller had it to offer and decided not to.... good on them for caring about their hobby, reputation, and karma.

While I absolutely agree the box and wrappers can be collectible in and of themselves, why does anyone need 36 wrappers?

It would be ideal to sell an empty box with one or two wrappers to go with it and maybe break the rest up into separate lots... one more measure to try to get these in the hands of collectors instead of resealers.

That would be ideal, but as long as they aren't selling them with the gum, I agree the seller is making an effort not to pander/profit from scum.

Snorto~