Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Anyone Else Having Trouble with the Search Function??

I'm getting this error with every iteration of search I can think of:

The page you were accessing requires variables to be passed to it.
Error Code: 100
I'd like my copper well done please!

Comments

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just about everybody.....Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    CoppercolorCoppercolor Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭
    tx Ricko, I assume the admin knows about it.
    I'd like my copper well done please!
  • Options
    keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have not had it work for me in a long time. Last time I needed to find something I went to Google and did a search like the following...

site:forums.collectors.com "1939 DDO"
    "If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:
  • Options
    dbcoindbcoin Posts: 2,200 ✭✭
    someone said it works with IE but not other browsers
  • Options
    numismanumisma Posts: 3,877 ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, I believe that you need to use Internet Explorer.

On a related note, I sent a certified letter to the principals of PCGS and informed them that I will completely stop posting in their forums if they do not fix their technical issues immediately. I didn't want to get rough with them, but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. (so far no response)

Edited to add: image
  • Options
    dbcoindbcoin Posts: 2,200 ✭✭

<< <i>Yes, I believe that you need to use Internet Explorer.

On a related note, I sent a certified letter to the principals of PCGS and informed them that I will completely stop posting in their forums if they do not fix their technical issues immediately. I didn't want to get rough with them, but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. (so far no response) >>

Nice knowin ya
  • Options
    LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i have no problems using the basic or the advanced search functions

there are dozens of threads about this and the irony is you can't search for them to read how to search for them image

bottom line is which browser and version you are using.

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

• Options
    The basic one on the top of the thread list working fine. The advanced does not. I use Safari Version 5. 0. 6.
    Just do it.
  • Options

<< <i>I have not had it work for me in a long time. Last time I needed to find something I went to Google and did a search like the following...

site:forums.collectors.com "1939 DDO" >>

I use that Google search parameter a ton when trying to poke around within a specific site. Some sites have broken, or sub-par, internal search appliances installed.

Another good Google search modifier is

inurl:_______

While not really needed for this forum, some other sites/forums have words in the URL that you may want to specify to limit your search.
  • Options
    WoodenJeffersonWoodenJefferson Posts: 6,491 ✭✭✭✭
    With the current Mozzilla Firefox version I have installed, I cannot even preview a post much less use the search function.
    Chat Board Lingo

"Keep your malarkey filter in good operating order" -Walter Breen
  • Options
    KollectorKingKollectorKing Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭✭✭
    search function works perfectly with IE.

• Options
    halfhunterhalfhunter Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭

<< <i>With the current Mozzilla Firefox version I have installed, I cannot even preview a post much less use the search function. >>

I'm using IE and cannot preview either. And the search function has always been a joke.

HH
    Need the following OBW rolls to complete my 46-64 Roosevelt roll set:
    1947-P & D; 1948-D; 1949-P & S; 1950-D & S; and 1952-S.
    Any help locating any of these OBW rolls would be gratefully appreciated!
  • Options

<< <i>With the current Mozzilla Firefox version I have installed, I cannot even preview a post much less use the search function. >>

+1.
  • Options
    BarryBarry Posts: 10,100 ✭✭✭
    Look at the bottom of the page at the copyright date of the forum software. it's 11 years old - an eternity in the tech world!
  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,997 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Look at the bottom of the page at the copyright date of the forum software. it's 11 years old - an eternity in the tech world! >>

And how long had that software been living before it got a job here?image

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file