Home Precious Metals

New stuff on the market

I was perusing the internet to check on prices for Gold and Silver and ran into few new interesting items.
I thought it was worth it to share here even though they may not be "new" for you.

First is a silver bar minted by the Rand Refinery, the refinery that provides the blanks from which South African Krugerrands are manufactured.
imageimage

This is a Heraeus round, first time I have seen one. Heraeus must have started pushing out silver, I have seen many different bars this year.

Suriname silver ounce.
The member formerly known as Ciccio / Posts: 1453 / Joined: Apr 2009

Comments

• sebrownsebrown Posts: 424
    Oh that Heraeus from "Hanau" brings back memories! Not the new design, but the city name. I was stationed there with the US Army in the late '80s right off Lamboy Strasse.

Like 'em all! Thanks for sharing. image
    "In the absence of the gold standard, there is no way to protect savings from confiscation through inflation [...] Gold stands in the way of this insidious process. It stands as a protector of property rights." - Alan Greenspan
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice...what is the 'star' in the lower right of the Suriname piece?? Cheers, RickO
  • freechancefreechance Posts: 380 ✭✭

<< <i>Nice...what is the 'star' in the lower right of the Suriname piece?? Cheers, RickO >>

the symbol of provident metals, I am guessing where the photos came from
  • LochNESSLochNESS Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭
    Also, I think it's a compass not a star ... minor detail
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE

• nibannynibanny Posts: 2,761

<< <i>Also, I think it's a compass not a star ... minor detail >>

It's should actually be a Wind Rose (I think this is the translation in english).
    Taken from Provident.
    The member formerly known as Ciccio / Posts: 1453 / Joined: Apr 2009