Home Metal Detecting

New video. My latest dig, with the teaser revealed...

This site is proving to be very lucrative...Te coins are deep. But that may atribute to there still being some good ones there.....

1831 Half Dime Recovered!

Comments

• guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,236 ✭✭✭
    Holy crud, that Half Dime is like a high VF/XF! Super find. Just look at all those silvers! A honey hole fo' sho!
    @ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.
  • pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭✭
    what an awesome haul! Thanks for taking the time to take and edit the video
  • hchcoinhchcoin Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>what an awesome haul! Thanks for taking the time to take and edit the video >>

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fantastic...thanks for a great video...Cheers, RickO
  • johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,374 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>what an awesome haul! Thanks for taking the time to take and edit the video >>

no kidding, thats pretty awesome.
  • lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome as usual, Steve. (I finally got to watch on a decent connection at work- my satellite DSL at home wasn't up to the task.)

Guess where I'll be going on my next visit?

Hope we can get together and do a jointly produced video, soon. That will give the watchers a chance to step back a little and see the person doing the digging, in addition to the usual POV viewpoints.

That new pinpointer of yours sure is a shrieky little thing, ain't it? Seems pretty hot, though. Good sensitivity.

Very slick production quality, too. How'd you do those nice slow zooms of the trees? That was beautiful. Were they still photos or what? Your transitions are nice. Had to pause the vid to read that one summary at the end, because it went by too fast, but your production standards have gone way up and you're inspiring me. I think we've inspired each other a little bit with this video stuff, eh? I am thinking I ought to probably use less typed captions than I do- my videos probably require too much reading.

As to the silver quarters and that truly mindblowing half dime, well... you suck.

Let's get together out there soon. I am on graveyard shift through this weekend, so I'll be free in the mornings. One reason I invited you to meet me out there in the first place is because I have long thought the southern part of the Bluff is underexploited and I've known all along there were deepish goodies to be had. When I want to test the true potential of a site, I will usually send you out there, 'cause I know you'll not be missing stuff like I do!

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
    Keep us posted.....the two of you together should be able to really produce some nice finds...Cheers, RickO
  • lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,194 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Keep us posted.....the two of you together should be able to really produce some nice finds...Cheers, RickO >>

Yeah... 90% Millennium and 10% LordM. image

That's OK, though, I'lm grateful for my 10% share.

Actually, I exaggerate the odds a bit.

It's more like 80% Millennium and 20% LordM. image

But as the saying goes, even a blind pig finds an acorn every now and then.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • That site has a ton of new money, especially quarters. I have never seen so many quarters come from one area...
    Any ideas as to why so many quarters? Were there concession stands there? Cheers, RickO
  • Well that area has been used since the 1500's , Indians were there first, it is still in use, but most of the quarters are over 4 inches deep, which is unusual...LM may have an idea why so many quarters are there.....very few cents, and dimes..also not many nickels. But the stuff is deep...further hunting should prove fruitful.