Home Precious Metals
Options

Was this silver find (61 tons) discussed?

Sorry if it has been.

Shipwreck my rear, shipRICH!

Comments

• Options
    OverdateOverdate Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Around 1.7 million ounces, or about half a month's production of U.S. silver eagles.

I don't think it will have much impact on overall supply.

My Adolph A. Weinman signature :)

• Options
    chumleychumley Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭✭
    most of the ingots came in the convenient 1000 ounce size
  • Options
    CNoteCNote Posts: 2,070

<< <i>most of the ingots came in the convenient 1000 ounce size >>

I keep one in my back pocket. Ya know, just in case.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Something all of us who metal detect dream of.... finding a lost treasure.... it does happen - more frequently in Britain though. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
  • Options
    daOnlyBGdaOnlyBG Posts: 1,060 ✭✭
    It's valued at what, $35 million? I wonder how much Odyssey's operational costs were, actually. Is it something like $2-3 million?
    Successful BST transactions with: blu62vette, Shortgapbob, Dolan, valente151, cucamongacoin, ajaan

Interests:
    Pre-Jump Grade Project
    Toned Commemoratives
  • Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I saw this episode on cable
    a few months ago. Great
    story !!! image
    Timbuk3
  • Options
    Coins101Coins101 Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Something all of us who metal detect dream of.... finding a lost treasure.... it does happen - more frequently in Britain though. Cheers, RickO >>

so, what kind of MD do you have considering this stuffa 3 miles deep! image
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,423 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any idea what they will do with all this silver? I expect they will use it to create rounds, medals, and bars of various sizes commemorating the origins of this silver with all of the appropriate hype and with the corresponding premium over melt value.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    Coins101Coins101 Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭
    I saw something on MSNBC about it yesterday and the CEO or whatever of Odyssey said it was all going to be refined, basically at spot as the person interviewing him talked about how low silver was right now and asked him if he was going to hold it to see if the price of silver went up. They get 80% and the UK gets 20% of the proceeds. From there, who knows how it will be moved into the market place. Just think, if they were smaller bars, they could have made a lot more than spot selling it as "TREASURE!!!"
  • Options
    vprvpr Posts: 604 ✭✭✭
    There is a collector's market for PM bars. Imagine getting these slabbed.
    References: Too many to list. PM for details. 100% satisfaction both as buyer and seller. As a seller, I ship promptly and keep buyers updated.