Home Precious Metals
Options

Something I notice about gold

When it's at $1800 the TV "experts" sy it's going to $2000. At $1200 the experts say it's going to $1000. Some university genius said down to $800. Can't they just admit they don't have a clue.

Comments

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, the guys selling it on TV all agree it's going up.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are selling their opinions.... bloviating makes money for many people. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I pulled the trigger on a little yesterday, so it'll go down.
  • Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm still looking for some
    at a "fair" price !!! image
    Timbuk3
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,526 ✭✭✭✭✭
    its just like anything else, we all have one and most of the time it stinks more times then others. jmo
  • Options
    nibannynibanny Posts: 2,761
    I really have no clue. I bought a bunch of Au and Ag for long term investment in the last few months but had to sell a lot of it due to unexpected medical bills.

If I look at charts (the plain simple ones from Kitco) I see a downtrend. Don't know when it can start going up again.
    Tough, up and down leaves room for profit anyway.
    The member formerly known as Ciccio / Posts: 1453 / Joined: Apr 2009
  • Options
    johnperk747johnperk747 Posts: 582 ✭✭✭

Till just last week, all I had was silver (3 Green & 1 Yellow) Monster Box and another 300+ ASE's in PCGS Slabs
    I picked up 40 = 1/10 ounce GAE's would like to pick up another 60 if gold was to drop say $15-$20 more per ounce. image

They don't take up as much room as my silver . . . LOL

Blessings

John
  • Options
    LochNESSLochNESS Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭
    I bet you watch the weather reports on your local news station, too ...

ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE

• Options
    No one knows how exactly the markets are going to behave. However two of the most influencing factors that drive up or drill down gold prices are – economic outlook and strength of the dollar. This is why you gotta keep your eyes and ears open to credible precious metals market news and keep a tab on every latest development that could drive the market either ways. In fact, I buy in the prediction of gold at $800 per ounce.
  • Options
    I like that article Charles, especially this part.
    When we step back and look at the factors that drove up the price more than fivefold in the last decade, those factors are even more prevalent today than they were at the beginning of gold’s run. Back in 2007 when gold claimed the $800 per ounce mark for the first time in over 20 years, there was no money printing, no “QE”, no global financial collapse, and no threat of hyperinflation.
    Now you want to tell me that gold should be at the same level it was then? The same level it was before the Fed tripled the money supply? The same level it was before the largest experimental economic intervention in history?
  • Options
    yellowkidyellowkid Posts: 5,486

<< <i>No one knows how exactly the markets are going to behave. However two of the most influencing factors that drive up or drill down gold prices are – economic outlook and strength of the dollar. This is why you gotta keep your eyes and ears open to credible precious metals market news and keep a tab on every latest development that could drive the market either ways. In fact, I buy in the prediction of gold at $800 per ounce. >>

Looks like another gold rah rah sheet to me.
  • Options

<< <i>I'm still looking for some
    at a "fair" price !!! >>

That means about 50 bucks under spot with free shipping.

The BST forum has a lot, what's wrong with those prices??
  • Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,622 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>When it's at $1800 the TV "experts" sy it's going to $2000. At $1200 the experts say it's going to $1000. Some university genius said down to $800. Can't they just admit they don't have a clue. >>

They just haven't a clue about market psychology.
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    daOnlyBGdaOnlyBG Posts: 1,060 ✭✭

<< <i>Can't they just admit they don't have a clue. >>

Funny you mention this. I'm reading through Nate Silver's The Signal and the Noise, where he talks about predictions, forecasting, guesses, and why some work and others don't. Anyway, he devotes an entire chapter to the science (and business) of weather forecasting. He mentions that you rarely see a weather forecaster giving a "50% chance" of rain/snow happening, because 50% is just not interesting enough (even if it's accurate) to tell the public. So when the weather forecast algorithms- which can rack up some heavy hardware to calculate- give out a 50% chance of something happening, the weather forecasters literally flip a coin to decide whether they'll report the probability as either 40% or 60%... even though it's wrong.

Long story short, journalism has strayed away from truly being "scientific," and has gone toward whatever sells.
    Successful BST transactions with: blu62vette, Shortgapbob, Dolan, valente151, cucamongacoin, ajaan

Interests:
    Pre-Jump Grade Project
    Toned Commemoratives
  • Options
    LochNESSLochNESS Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭
    not surprising. and there's a book on everything! image
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Something I notice about gold is it's prettier than my ex wives and girlfriends.