Home Metal Detecting

July 17, 2013: More nickels including silver #399

pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭✭
Alright, just one away so make sure you get your guesses in for what 400 will be.

Got out yesterday so a place that yielded some silver last year. It's a small area, but still managed to squeeze out

1907 V Nickel
another 1907 V Nickel
1929 Buffalo Nickel
1943-P War Nickel
9 wheat cents
thimble
newer looking marble

Comments

• Bayard1908Bayard1908 Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭✭
    How many pull tabs and other pieces of junk do you have to dig up in order to find nickels?
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice nickles.... and the marble is in good condition.. (I collect marbles too).. Cheers, RickO
  • johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    fwiw, i like that red marble.

• << <i>How many pull tabs and other pieces of junk do you have to dig up in order to find nickels? >>

I don't know about PCGS...but I have dug a lot of trash. the only way you're going to find those old deep nickels...
  • pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>How many pull tabs and other pieces of junk do you have to dig up in order to find nickels? >>

I don't know about PCGS...but I have dug a lot of trash. the only way you're going to find those old deep nickels... >>

There is plenty of junk out there still, too much. There is good stuff mixed in, but unfortunately it's few and far between.

On the left is the pile of junk found in order to find this Wartime nickel, and the pile on the right is what was found on the day #400 came. As you can see I was hoping for another WTN, but it was just junk.