Home Precious Metals
Options

Apmex makes me laugh

tneigtneig Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭
Sometimes they have some specials online and on ebay. Some are good. This one made me chuckle.

"2-1 troy oz APMEX silver bars for $40.00 (15 winners - 30 bars total)"

quote "Each Winner will get 2 -1 troy oz silver apmex bars for $40.00"

---(7.99 shipping)

==========
There are several ways to get $22 bar deal across the dealers. I'm finally thinking about getting the prospectorsgoldandgems set now that they have lowered their price to something reasonable.
COA

Comments

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When demand starts slowing, marketing becomes more creative (and desperate). Witnessed this first hand in the advertising world years ago.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    At my buying scale, if the companies have to sweat a little to make sales, and give a comparable discount to the small buyer, than I happy.
    When it goes back to their advantage, they will fully utilize the corp basic of; as much profit as the market will bear...

Coin shop owner told me:
    Its hard making money on money..
    COA
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,527 ✭✭✭✭✭
    marketing doe work wonders.
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Sometimes they have some specials online and on ebay. Some are good. This one made me chuckle.

"2-1 troy oz APMEX silver bars for $40.00 (15 winners - 30 bars total)"

quote "Each Winner will get 2 -1 troy oz silver apmex bars for $40.00"

---(7.99 shipping)

==========
    There are several ways to get $22 bar deal across the dealers. I'm finally thinking about getting the prospectorsgoldandgems set now that they have lowered their price to something reasonable. >>

Do you have a link for this once in a life time deal?

The only "deal" that I found on APMEX is this: Any quantity only $0.99 per round over spot! 1 oz APMEX 2013 Stars and Stripes Silver Round .999 Fine

99 cent over spot deal
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    I didn't link or save it because it didn't seem like any kind of a good deal to me. High at $24 per oz apmex bar.. It was limited to 30 and at least half were sold so likely gone now.
    Looking now at their ebay apmex bar prices - they seem much higher than the coin prices. Even if apmex ebay bars are normally much higher, I didn't think that $24 per bar w shipping was great. Guess it depends on whether one likes the bars over the generic apmex coin

Your link below, has an ebay equiv, and with shipping for 10 ($227.70). On ebay I can figure out the exact cost of shipping. On the home site, their shipping always seem much higher and it was not easy to determine.

<< <i>Do you have a link for this once in a life time deal?

The only "deal" that I found on APMEX is this: Any quantity only $0.99 per round over spot! 1 oz APMEX 2013 Stars and Stripes Silver Round .999 Fine

99 cent over spot deal >>

COA
  • Options

<< <i>I didn't link or save it because it didn't seem like any kind of a good deal to me. High at $24 per oz apmex bar.. It was limited to 30 and at least half were sold so likely gone now.
    Looking now at their ebay apmex bar prices - they seem much higher than the coin prices. Even if apmex ebay bars are normally much higher, I didn't think that $24 per bar w shipping was great. Guess it depends on whether one likes the bars over the generic apmex coin

Your link below, has an ebay equiv, and with shipping for 10 ($227.70). On ebay I can figure out the exact cost of shipping. On the home site, their shipping always seem much higher and it was not easy to determine.

<< <i>Do you have a link for this once in a life time deal?

99 cent over spot deal >>

>>

btw, that offer expired several days ago.

Max s&h fee for APMEX "Platinum" customers is $10.00. It appears you're not one.image
  • Options
    LochNESSLochNESS Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Feast and famine? The story of most every self-employed business. >>

Dunno if I'd call APMEX self-employed. I think they are big enough to qualify as corporate.
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Feast and famine? The story of most every self-employed business. >>

Dunno if I'd call APMEX self-employed. I think they are big enough to qualify as corporate. >>

APMEX...American Precious Metals Exchange Inc.
  • Options
    LochNESSLochNESS Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭
    ... and? I know what it stands for image
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE