Home Metal Detecting

Bad Apples :(

pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,714 ✭✭✭✭✭
I really haven't been out detecting like I would like too. This was my experience last week when I went to one of my favorite parks. A worker came over to me and told me that I could no longer detect there. He said if I didn't believe him he had it in writing in black and white. He was being nice about it because he has always checked to see how I was doing. Anyway he said that they have had problems with a couple of people digging holes and not filling them in on the ball fields. I did talk to the head guy and he said they even caught a guy with a shovel digging on the field. I told him that I just used a screw driver. He knew that I wasn't the problem. He is being nice about it and is giving me a written permit to show the other workers when they check on me.

Just remember to leave the place better than you left it. If the ground is as hard as a rock just leave it alone. You want to be able to come back on a later day.

Comments

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Excellent point ppc...and clearly shows how a few can ruin it for us all. Although I no longer MD parks, I do visit them, and it really upsets me when I see holes left by MD'rs.... and it is so obvious. Cheers, RickO
  • WhiteTornadoWhiteTornado Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭
    I recently picked up a copy of a metal detecting/treasure hunting magazine, and one of the writers had a column on that very topic.

What is the technique for getting something out via screwdriver? image
  • pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,714 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I now have my written permit to detect in this park. Went there yesterday for 3 hrs and found $2.85. Not like the old days there. The problem detectorist has/had been there. This guy is just a total bum. There are holes in the middle of the soccer fields. I tried to scrape as much dirt as I could back into them. These aren't little holes either. I just don't understand these kind of diggersimageimage
  • WhiteTornadoWhiteTornado Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭
    That is really a shame. Hopefully they keep the bad apples away before they ruin it for everyone else.
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It really is a shame to see open holes left.... and yet, good MD'rs can work a field and you would never know they were there. Cheers, RickO
  • johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,374 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>It really is a shame to see open holes left.... and yet, good MD'rs can work a field and you would never know they were there. Cheers, RickO >>

the best way to be image