Home Precious Metals
Options

Questions re: ATBs

jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,383 ✭✭✭✭✭
Do you have a system for storing your 5 oz ATBs?

Do you collect both the bullion and the collectable ATBs? Do you keep them all in slabs, or other?

Does anyone here buy ATBs strictly as bullion to stack, i.e. in tubes?

I just thought it would be interesting to see what everyone else is doing. I still don't have a good system for either type, but I'm just about to the point where I "have to do something".image
Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.

Comments

• Options
    nibannynibanny Posts: 2,761
    Never liked those rounds. The designs are nothing special, with all the space they could have done much better.
    I am not also familiar with the history behind the parks (my bad) so they don't have much appeal to me.
    Grand Canyon and Mt. Rushmore were not as I expected them to be.
    Last but not least, the slabs are huge!

Back to your question, if i were collecting them I would have gone with the bullion version to be stores in tubes/monster box.

I will probably wait for the Ellis Island/Statue of Liberty to come out. 4 years to go!
    The member formerly known as Ciccio / Posts: 1453 / Joined: Apr 2009
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I "collect" the bullion version...less of a mark-up over spot compared to the bullion ASE's. They always come in direct fit capsules, which makes it easy for storage purposes. Just another bullion investment and not considered a collectible items by most.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have the first year P ones, keep debating getting a tube of the bullion ones, probably will at some point.
  • Options
    mhammermanmhammerman Posts: 3,769 ✭✭✭
    I like 'em. Nice 5 oz piece. Good design, honkin' piece of metal, and it's US silver...what's not to like except the issue price. The US mint price is kind of strong so I may wait for a show or something to gnab my third one. Easy way to scratch that collector itch and a nice way to stack a little at the same time. I'll probably try and get caught up on the set and stay current, kind of like the ASE's.

Hey Buddy...can you spare an ATB?
  • Options
    mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭
    I started out buying both but soon ran out of storage space and realized I had to stop the P series after the first 2 years.
    I like the designs and variety.
    I continued for a good while with the bullion version but again, ran out of space.
    Thus, I now more slowly stack gold in the old safe deposit box.
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more