Home Precious Metals
Options

Baley---Why are you dredging up all these old threads?

PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,449 ✭✭✭✭✭
What are your motives for dredging up all of these old threads that are months or years old?

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

Comments

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like it , people predicted a lot of things in some of them and its good to see how predictions turn out.

Plus new threads have not been exactly flowing freely recently image

• Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,624 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it is important to understand the psychology when metals were at various prices. Human emotion sets prices. Understand how and why and you can become a very good investor.

And a great investor is usually very humble. A little egg in the face never hurts but can go a long way. I'm up to ostrich eggs now. image
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    To show who's crystal ball was working. I realize that past performance in guessing PM prices is no guarantee of correctly predicting what's in store. It does, however, identify whose future prediction I take with a "grain of salt" or pay attention to. Also, make for interesting reading along with some "belly laughs" image
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>What are your motives for dredging up all of these old threads that are months or years old? >>

It's one sign that a bottom is in or nearly in.
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    DoubleEagle59DoubleEagle59 Posts: 8,200 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Baley = the smartest one here.
    "Gold is money, and nothing else" (JP Morgan, 1912)

"“Those who sacrifice liberty for security/safety deserve neither.“(Benjamin Franklin)

"I only golf on days that end in 'Y'" (DE59)
  • Options
    VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>What are your motives for dredging up all of these old threads that are months or years old? >>

Two guesses allowed per post. image
  • Options
    mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭

<< <i>To show who's crystal ball was working. I realize that past performance in guessing PM prices is no guarantee of correctly predicting what's in store. It does, however, identify whose future prediction I take with a "grain of salt" or pay attention to. Also, make for interesting reading along with some "belly laughs" image >>

+1
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,449 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

It's one sign that a bottom is in or nearly in. >>

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    Ahhh the old learn from the past addage is taking over CU PM Forum this weekend. That's fine, but does anyone care to go out on a limb and say what happens going FORWARD?
    Upon my return I stated if you are over 40, you will never see $40 again, and I'm sticking to that no matter what some are attemtping to brainwash me with (again) image
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.
  • Options
    carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,465 ✭✭✭✭
    Never fails.

Folks are as sure of their predictions as they were in past when they were proven to be wholly incorrect.

Admit it...you don't know where silver is going. You didn't have a whiff it was going sub $20.

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options
    piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    carew...this is my one & only response to you. I could care less what think about anything. Have a nice life, you're dead to me.
    If there's one thing I learned during my hiatus is my time is too valuable to argue with people who are completely unwilling to see another side of a story or point of view. It's a complete waste of valuable time. Something none of us can ever get back.
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.
  • Options
    VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>To show who's crystal ball was working. I realize that past performance in guessing PM prices is no guarantee of correctly predicting what's in store. It does, however, identify whose future prediction I take with a "grain of salt" or pay attention to. Also, make for interesting reading along with some "belly laughs" image >>

Right. Wrong four years in a row then PMs crash, old threads dug up, and now "their" crystal ball is working. Good luck paying attention to "their" future predictions.

I've watched old thread after old thread being dug up and posters who were wrong about PMs year after year after year now telling us "We told you so!". Bottom line is we continue to destroy our currency and the middle class along with it. That hasn't changed.

Carry on.

• Options
    JulioJulio Posts: 2,501
    "To show who's crystal ball was working. I realize that past performance in guessing PM prices is no guarantee of correctly predicting what's in store. It does, however, identify whose future prediction I take with a "grain of salt" or pay attention to. Also, make for interesting reading along with some "belly laughs"

image. Take care. jws
  • Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Carew you lucky bastage

MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    JulioJulio Posts: 2,501
    image. Take care. jws
  • Options
    carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,465 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>carew...this is my one & only response to you. I could care less what think about anything. Have a nice life, you're dead to me.
    If there's one thing I learned during my hiatus is my time is too valuable to argue with people who are completely unwilling to see another side of a story or point of view. It's a complete waste of valuable time. Something none of us can ever get back. >>

Lighten up Francis.
    That was collective "you".
    I forgot that anyone responding directly after you, has each word parsed for any morsel that can be used to hijack the thread into a hunger games style p*ssing match.

'I bet you think this post is about you, don't you, don't you".

Geez.

I stack because I believe in silver. When it drops like this I press the gas pedal.

Never going to $40 again sounds like all of threads where people said you will never be able to stack at $15.

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options
    mrpaseomrpaseo Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>carew...this is my one & only response to you. I could care less what think about anything. Have a nice life, you're dead to me.
    If there's one thing I learned during my hiatus is my time is too valuable to argue with people who are completely unwilling to see another side of a story or point of view. It's a complete waste of valuable time. Something none of us can ever get back. >>

Lighten up Francis.
    That was collective "you".
    I forgot that anyone responding directly after you, has each word parsed for any morsel that can be used to hijack the thread into a hunger games style p*ssing match.

'I bet you think this post is about you, don't you, don't you".

Geez.

I stack because I believe in silver. When it drops like this I press the gas pedal.

Never going to $40 again sounds like all of threads where people said you will never be able to stack at $15. >>

Do we issue POTD anymore?
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,383 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The fact is that when precious metals go up, everyone who buys now is entitled to say just how amazingly brilliant their moves were. (And you can be completely confident that I will do exactly that).

Bringing up old threads after a big drop and after the fact doesn't negate any of the reasons for stacking precious metals, especially when the prices are down.

Nothing has changed for the better. Carry on.image
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm well over 40 and fully expect $40 silver again within the next 1-5 years. I don't think it's a coindence that the 2nd highest open interest on the Jan 2015 SLV calls happens to be
    at $38 strike price ($39-$40 silver). The other high OI strike price is at $24.
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    this $18.00-$20.00 buying opportunity is a once in a 12 year chance to get on board the long haul Silver Cloud express !

The last time we were here was in 2008 at $8.50 or so, from there we went to $49.87.

Where will we end up from the $18.70 point now, to ? using the math from 8.50-49.87 above puts us at a future $109.40 ( if history simply repeats)

But if it goes to $2.00-$2.50, guess who will be buying a 40' cargo container of the stuff- Yes yes yes NumbersUSA

Beware, if it solidly breaks 18.00 (12 year line, or 144 months) we may be in for an even more serious decline to the historic 2.50-5.00 range- Always keep this in mind.

This 12 year line in the sand is it, it either holds and we make a long drive upward that surpasses all previous long run ups, or we see it broke and a return to the flat lands of $2.50-$5.00.
    If it goes that way, the flat lands could very likely be the $4.50-8.00 range with a dip into the 3.00-3.50 from time to time.

to sum up, my money is currently on the premise that the $18.00 12 year line holds and we are off for the long haul again. But money management requires an exit plan. If 18.00 is solidly broke then exiting and waiting for the floor to buy again is a plan. Or if a true stacker, then just hold off on further purchases until the floor is in as spelled out above.
    NumbersUsa, FairUs, Alipac, CapsWeb, and TeamAmericaPac
  • Options
    tnsprotnspro Posts: 786 ✭✭✭

Currency Wants: Any note with serial number 00000731