Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

What did you do while CU Coin Forum was down 7/12/13 and 7/14/13 and 7/20/13?

GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,866 ✭✭✭✭✭
I polished some coins tonight!!! image

edited to add 7/14/13 down time image

Comments

• Options
    Oh.....my god. Gone for a few hours and we get this. image

LOL! I refreshed the page, look at CU stock, bought a few(I think) and refreshed some more.
    Just do it.
  • Options
    LogPotatoLogPotato Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭✭
    I knitted a sweater...
  • Options
    LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    my fingertips and nails area little worse for wear now !!

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got married, had four children, and a dog. Almost lived happily ever after but then the forums came back online. True or False ?
  • Options
    MidLifeCrisisMidLifeCrisis Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hit refresh thousands of times. image
  • Options

<< <i>OMG Lance. thanks for the eye burnimage >>

hey you be nice, i still have that mankini image around here somewhere image

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

• Options
    Received True View photos and message that this coin is on the way back to the stable.
    also, sang the National Anthem at a baseball game with my brothers and sister and a few nieces.
    I lip synched

Sold the children and dog on eBay and voila... he's baaaaaaaaaaack

• Options
    Glad you folks have other lives!!
    You must surely realize this forum is not life's numismatic culmination?
    Am I right?
  • Options
    sang the National Anthem at a baseball game with my brothers and sister and a few nieces.

Which niece is Daisy Duke??? image
  • Options
    WoodenJeffersonWoodenJefferson Posts: 6,491 ✭✭✭✭
    I went to go find a life....guess what?

I'm back!
    Chat Board Lingo

"Keep your malarkey filter in good operating order" -Walter Breen
  • Options
    coinsarefuncoinsarefun Posts: 21,666 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>OMG Lance. thanks for the eye burnimage >>

hey you be nice, i still have that mankini image around here somewhere image
    . >>

lmao image

• Options
    TinyTiny Posts: 2,598

<< <i>I got married, had four children, and a dog. Almost lived happily ever after but then the forums came back online. True or False ? >>

Which were harder to have the children or the dog? image

I just watched TV shows on my computer since I was there all ready. I like to watch Showtime on it rather than my TV.
    Anybody got their desktop hooked to a HDMI 35 " TV?

• Options
    BryceMBryceM Posts: 11,737 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't know it was down. I went for a stroll with my German Wirehair, Bob. It was a gorgeous evening. He looks a little better when he hasn't just rolled in the mud.

• Options
    morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wasn't aware it was down. German Wirehair, weird I'm going with my parents today to pick up a German Shorthair tis morning. Their previous bird dog, a GS had to be put down because of a muscle degeneration disease. Nice image BryceM. CO? WY?
    World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I went shooting..... got to get in condition for my instructor course...Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    BryceMBryceM Posts: 11,737 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Idaho
  • Options
    TookybanditTookybandit Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭✭
    Went to bed early! ...haven't done that in a while image
  • Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Went to bed early! ...haven't done that in a while image >>

Me to after spending all day helping my son and daughter-in-law pack up for moving to a new house today I was just plumb tuckered out.
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,525 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i went and shot some more zombies.
  • Options
    sumnomsumnom Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭
    I was unaware it went down.
  • Options
    HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I purchased some more silver onlineimage

I could not help myself:image
    " If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater
  • Options
    NotSureNotSure Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I got married, had four children, and a dog. Almost lived happily ever after but then the forums came back online. True or False ? >>

Four MORE children, and another future ex? Boy, if the forums go down again, you better think about moving to Utah, 'cause it's 'cheaper to keep her' (they're open minded there)!!! image
    I'll come up with something.
  • Options
    LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had no idea it was down - thanks for the update. image
    "My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • Options
    BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>sang the National Anthem at a baseball game with my brothers and sister and a few nieces.
    I lip synched >>

TwoSides2aCoin, Are you the lead singer or backup image

That was really great and I think you should quit your day job right now and immediately contact The Voice & American Idol image
    To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • Options
    TootawlTootawl Posts: 5,877 ✭✭✭
    Went to the Paul McCartney concert in DC.

PCGS Currency: HOF 2013, Best Low Ball Set 2009-2014, 2016, 2018. Appreciation Award 2015, Best Showcase 2018, Numerous others.
  • Options
    lmao NotSure... Thanks Broadstruck. I'm standing out of sight behind the lead singer and next to the brunette... And I hope my family doesn't get mad that I posted this. They're fun to sing with.
  • Options
    LochNESSLochNESS Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭
    Went on a date with my wife for the first time since our son was born (3 mo. ago). Had the best steak EVER - ribeye cut - perfectly seasoned and cooked, with equally tasty fixings. Our appetizer was fried risotto balls filled with hot melty pecorino. I even splurged for a fancy coc*tail. After dinner we strolled around the square, danced in the gazebo to the Jazz playing from my phone, stared at the moon and took a grainy photo [of ourselves], then stepped into a frozen yogurt shoppe for dessert. Nutella flavor. I let my wife choose the toppings, which included blackberries, Raisinets, Oreo crumbles, M&Ms, Reese's Pieces, and a piece of oatmeal creme cookie! image

Oh yeah, almost forgot before we left for dinner I opened a package of NEWPs from our buddy Greg.
    This is the toner in the bunch:

Can't believe I'm saying this but Greg's photo doesn't do it justice! There is rich, gorgeous blue around the rim, especially vibrant behind "ATLANTA." Might be my new favorite toner!
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE

• Options
    OldEastsideOldEastside Posts: 4,602 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was it down again?, whos fault was it this timeimage

Steve
    Promote the Hobby
  • Options

<< <i>Was it down again?, whos fault was it this timeimage

Steve >>

Well, it was down for a few hours at the most. I got a "Connection Dropped Unexpectedly by the Server. [reset peer]" error from Safari. It said it happens when the server gets busy, but I think it is CU mantinence. But I can't think what they could possibly fix in a couple of hours. This software probably crashed or something. image
    Just do it.
  • Options

<< <i>I went shooting..... got to get in condition for my instructor course...Cheers, RickO >>

I know where I'm going when the revolution comes......RickO's underground bunker! image
  • Options
    How long was the forum down this evening?
    I believe it started around 7:00pm EST
  • Options
    I applied for diplomatic immunity on the BST forum.
  • Options
    TookybanditTookybandit Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I applied for diplomatic immunity on the BST forum. >>

Nice, but I've heard it's really hard to get out of like a gym membership!
  • Options

<< <i>I applied for diplomatic immunity on the BST forum. >>

You need it since you gained 4 children and a dog during a very short 'CU Forums server down!' image
  • Options

<< <i>How long was the forum down this evening?
    I believe it started around 7:00pm EST >>

it didn't seem to be long, but it was too long as i had a lot of hot air to dispense!

• Options
    WoodenJeffersonWoodenJefferson Posts: 6,491 ✭✭✭✭
    While the forum was down on 7/14 (if in fact it really was) I pulled up my toilet to change the leaking wax ring, the Lincoln cent I used for a shim 10 years ago was completely dissolved and that's probablywhy it started leaking around the seal. Lesson learned, don't use Zincolons as shims, I should have used a pre-82 Memorial or a wheatie.
    Chat Board Lingo

"Keep your malarkey filter in good operating order" -Walter Breen
  • Options
    SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,886 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fearing a shut down during the day on Saturday I headed out to the Arlington Fly In.....

While there I picked up this signed volume for my small library of WWII POW literature. I can only assume the two gold coins refer to coins given to WWII European Theater pilots for emergency funds if shot down.

I didn't notice if the Forum was down today since I happened to be hosting a book signing event for my granddaughter's first novel.
    When I was her age, 14, I still had my finger up my nose and here she is with a completed manuscript for volume two in hand.

• Options
    I flew to Las Vegas today and now she's baaaack!
  • Options
    bidaskbidask Posts: 13,865 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Visited coinweek
    I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
    I give away money. I collect money.
    I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.

• Options
    silverpopsilverpop Posts: 6,599 ✭✭✭✭✭
    was on another coin site

Coins for sale at link below
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/TyJbuBJf37WZ2KT19

• Options
    keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,456 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I flew to Las Vegas today and now she's baaaack! >>

I was wondering if this thread might be edited and bumped.
    "If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I didn't notice if the Forum was down today since I happened to be hosting a book signing event for my granddaughter's first novel.
    When I was her age, 14, I still had my finger up my nose and here she is with a completed manuscript for volume two in hand.

image >>

And my almost-twelve-year-old daughter now has a signed copy of the first book, which fires up some of her ambitions.

Thanks, Gil! image

Knowhutyoumean. At age fourteen I was still playing with toy cars and building Lego castles. Wow.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file