Home Metal Detecting

Here's a little teaser...

I was able to go out for a while today, until the weather went bad.....but, I did have a pretty good day...please excuse the language at around 1:17 in the video..I was excited...

I will compile the whole video in the coming days...

Nice find!

Comments

• demodiggerdemodigger Posts: 1,012
    holy caca! that's nice. never got one of those
  • Totally unexpected...I have recovered a lot of modern cons in this area, but it has been in use since the early 1700's.....it's in amazing condition too....I'll finish the whole video soon...
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great find...very exciting..thanks, Cheers, RickO
  • pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭✭
    Wow, that is a pretty scarce find, capped bust silver. What's the date on it?
  • It's an 1831...in remarkable condition....
  • guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,236 ✭✭✭
    Congrats Steve. I hear there's nothing like finding Capped Bust coinage. A common 1890's Barber Dime is my oldest.....so far.
    @ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.
  • LochNESSLochNESS Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭
    My favorite part was the rapid beep of the detector image
    A couple questions:
    • did you dig and video at the same time? or have a helper?
    • why was the ground near the hole gray in color? my soil is Georgia clay or beach sand so I'm unfamiliar with that color. Reminds me of campfire ash
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE

• Loch Ness......I always do the filming and digging and searching by myself....Lord Marcovan and I are supposed to get together and record while the other digs. So far we haven't been able to get together..all my videos so far though I have have had to do it all, and it's quite a hand full at times..I carry a plastic mat, pin pointer, detector, and small digger...along with a camera. On this trip I tried my iPhone..I think that is why the dirt looks a little weird at times. Some of the dirt in this area does have the burned discoloration, but all of the dirt in our parks is this rich black dirt, until we get on the beaches..there is no clay in our area.
  • lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aha!

So you've been out to the Bluff again, have you?

Hmm.

Right now I am waiting for YouTube to load the vid, so you might say this thread is a teaser to your teaser.

I am off tomorrow, and free in the daytimes on Thursday through Sunday...

(Off to watch, now.)

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,194 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aww, my #@%*ing image satellite connection is just not up to the task right now. image

But I will watch that, you bet. And no doubt be givin' you a call, Steve.

If it is something that got YOU excited, it would have probably made ME wet my pants.

But I remain in suspense for the time being.

BTW, my relic buddy Billy Ridenour took the money he got from that Spanish silver ingot he found on the Island, bought himself a new Minelab, and started hunting on East Beach. The other day on the beach, he said he found a pocketful of modern change, two junk rings, and a third ring that he thought might be junk. The "stones" in it were big and gaudy.

He said it had "PLT" on the inside. He figured that meant "plated", and gave the ring to his daughter to hold. She put it on her finger and wore it while he finished his hunt.

Well, "PLT" isn't "plated". You've probably guessed what it stands for.

And people don't mount fake stones in platinum rings. There was over a carat of diamonds in addition to the platinum.

It appraised for $6,000-6,500.

This just the other day, apparently.

PS- 1831 Bust coin, huh? Dammit- the video still won't play on my connection. Oh man... I TOLD you that stuff was out there!

But you already knew that, and just confirmed the hunch.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • I plan to hunt East beach too......i am sure the modern stuff will be aggravating initially though...a 6000 dollar ring I can live with though!!! The stuff at Gascoigne is there, but it is deep! I'm finding modern stuff at 4 to 5 inches......
  • guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,236 ✭✭✭
    My bro-in-law lives right on East Beach. Might have heard of his businesses, Parker's conveinent stores. I need to pack the detector next trip down there......
    @ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.

• << <i>My bro-in-law lives right on East Beach. Might have heard of his businesses, Parker's conveinent stores. I need to pack the detector next trip down there...... >>

Everybody knows Parkers......they get a ton of my money!