Home Precious Metals
Options

Sorry if this has already been posted, just received an e-mail, 5ea, 1oz Silver Buffalo Round $119.7

mrpaseomrpaseo Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭
APMEX on eBAY. I'm not even sure if that is a good price or not.

Here is the link.

Comments

• Options
    tneigtneig Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭
    Thanks, I noted that too. $24 (x 5) each with the free shipping is likely cheaper then 5 and the shipping cost ordering directly from Apmex.

What I like about this is that its a great way for someone starting out too.
    COA
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>APMEX on eBAY. I'm not even sure if that is a good price or not.

Here is the link. >>

ordered a couple of sets....btw u also receive an additional $7 off per set when you check out. $112 for 5 .. with free s&h. I could not pass that up.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    Un freakin believable ....

The sale ended already. I expected through end of day and it ended and I lost out. I was just waiting to sell my bike for$350 which I just did, ran upstairs to order some and poof.....
    COA
  • Options
    Wow, my e-mail said through the 18th... hmmm

(I didn't get any either...lol).
  • Options
    I'll keep postin'em as I get'em.
  • Options
    sold out .. 1111 sets sold.... total 5555 coins...when I ordered my sets around 4PM, only a little over 500 had been sold.
  • Options
    So I'm taking it, this was a good deal...lol.
  • Options
    VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>So I'm taking it, this was a good deal...lol. >>

image Not so sure about that. $4 ea over spot? APMEX normally sells them for $3 over + shipping: APMEX

They're just generic rounds (to me) so buying $100 worth of silver at 20% over melt doesn't look that great unless I'm missing something.
  • Options
    LowBudgetLowBudget Posts: 383 ✭✭
    5 oz bars on silvertowne with free shipping $115.70
    "I'm dropping my standards so that I can buy more"
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,447 ✭✭✭✭✭

Almost $24 each for generic silver rounds doesn't seem like much of a bargain to me.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    TennesseeDaveTennesseeDave Posts: 4,743 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

Almost $24 each for generic silver rounds doesn't seem like much of a bargain to me. >>

If you just want generic 1 oz. rounds, get some of the Monarch bucks for $1 over spot.Here
    Trade $'s
  • Options
    It was $120 - $7
    so each was $22.60
    final price total $113

Sometimes Apmex has a good deal for smaller items like this, but they sure don't last long.
    It does seem that even the smallest item direct-order from Apmex had an overburdened shipping cost.
    Good to hear about the deals at the other places too.

Maybe I'll buy some more stagecoaches or something that sells for ridiculous premiums when spot is up.
    COA
  • Options

<< <i>

Almost $24 each for generic silver rounds doesn't seem like much of a bargain to me. >>

You need to read the thread more thoroughly. As previously stated, a credit of $7 was applied to each set for a final cost of around $113 with free s&h. In addition, if you I used your ebay bucks, which I did, it brought my cost down to below melt.image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

You need to read the thread more thoroughly. As previously stated, a credit of $7 was applied to each set for a final cost of around $113 with free s&h. In addition, if you I used your ebay bucks, which I did, it brought my cost down to below melt.image >>

I don't get (Have not signed up for) eBay bucks, so I just did a quick search to see how it's done. This is what I found:

<< <i>Purchases from these categories don't qualify:

Most eBay Motors categories (Parts & Accessories purchases do qualify)
    Classifieds
    Coins & Paper Money > Bullion
    Real Estate
    eBay gift cards in the eBay Gift Cards category
    Business & Industrial >>

How do you use eBay bucks on bullion?
  • Options
    You do not receive any ebay bucks in making a bullion purchase but you use your bucks to make a bullion purchase. Most other categories qualify and you receive your bucks from those. They accumulate over a 3 month period (every quarter) and then you can cash in your earned bucks for any purchase on eBay. (Under normal circumstance, you will receive 1 buck for every $100 in eBay qualified purchase that you made...once in a while, they have a special going on where you will receive a greater percentage)
  • Options
    Thanks OPA.