Home Metal Detecting

more dump stuff

last day of vacation today. I go back to 10 hour work days. can't dig for another 5 days. 5 compacts( one silver plated), figurines, pocket watch.

Comments

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice finds...that dump is producing some interesting items.... have you opened the pocket watch? Likely all corroded though... Cheers, RickO
  • johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,374 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Nice finds...that dump is producing some interesting items.... have you opened the pocket watch? Likely all corroded though... Cheers, RickO >>

thats what got my attention as well.
  • ormandhormandh Posts: 3,111 ✭✭✭
    Are you married? My wife would give me grief if I spent all of the time you do digging. I am envious!image -Dan
  • demodiggerdemodigger Posts: 1,012
    Married 15 years. I go digging for about 4 to 5 hours on Saturday only. Used to go after work, but my hours changed from 8 to 10 a day, so that ain't happening anymore. Friday I work 12 hours. Gonna be tired
  • Jinx86Jinx86 Posts: 3,666 ✭✭✭✭✭
    really makes me wanna drive to my site and spend the weekend. Used to be a city dump on a hill side that was used from 1910-1940's or so. How that a river has been dammed its caused the bank to expose the dump. My grandfather and I have pulled out dozens of old coke bottles and other soda bottles. Have found 15 gold rings and maybe a handful of silver coins, most were quite rough. Few pieces of sterling from time to time too. I think my grandpas favorite was to find marbles though. He has 5 gallon water jugs fulled with old ones. Most of the ones Ive found had been burned.
    Marbles?? I have collected marbles for years.... does he know what he has? Not all are very valuable, but there are some that command some high prices. He should check them out... Cheers, RickO
  • demodiggerdemodigger Posts: 1,012
    I have a friend that is very much into marbles. he has a few that are worth several hundred just for one. if you can post some photos, then maybe I can give you some values.
    Yep... would love to see some pictures.... I can help with values also.... between us, you should get a good idea of what he has... Cheers, RickO
  • pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭✭
    nice mixture of finds. keep posting those finds!