Home Metal Detecting

"Dirty Movie" 06: One Piece of Luck & The Grass Guardian of Frederica Square

lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,194 ✭✭✭✭✭

This YouTube link goes directly to Dirty Movie #06.

(The one in my present sigline goes to the YouTube channel.)

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.

Comments

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice hunt LordM....Cheers, RickO
  • Great video, and a very good job of smoothing the guardian...HE was set on tossing your butt off of "his" land....but you did the right thing. Thank God for these permits we carry! Nice find on the token, and I actually have found the 1910 one with the swastika on it..I'll try to find it and post a pic...I used my new pin pointer the other day...Man do I like it!....It is sweet!
  • demodiggerdemodigger Posts: 1,012
    I knew what you had right away. I've dug a few of those. I have 2 similar ones from the boyscouts dated 1910. i'd rather dig something like that than a merc dime any day.
  • lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,194 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Great video, and a very good job of smoothing the guardian...HE was set on tossing your butt off of "his" land....but you did the right thing. Thank God for these permits we carry! Nice find on the token, and I actually have found the 1910 one with the swastika on it..I'll try to find it and post a pic...I used my new pin pointer the other day...Man do I like it!....It is sweet! >>

I noticed yours in your "tokens" video, Steve.

They must have cranked out millions of 'em.

That's the sorta thing I probably wouldn't have shelled out more than a buck or two for as a collector or dealer, but as a digger, considering I found it, it's priceless to me. Funny how that goes. I'm much more sentimental about any of my dug coins than the ones I buy, even though the dug ones seldom compare in terms of condition.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • WhiteTornadoWhiteTornado Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭
    Another nice video, thanks for posting them image
  • SUMORADASUMORADA Posts: 4,797

Lord M.......

Great hunt and video, I really liked the way you handled the old guy (Keeper Of The Grass Since 1957).

It looked like he wanted a piece of you when he was walking out to you, by the end of the video I thought he was gonna help you dig.........image

.......................image
  • pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the video LordM! How is the heat down there? It's hot here in New England... Can't imagine down there
  • lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,194 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Thanks for the video LordM! How is the heat down there? It's hot here in New England... Can't imagine down there >>

Pretty steamy here, of course, but not so bad by our standards, I reckon. I was in the mountains (Western NC) this last weekend and it was just as hot up there. Not quite as humid, of course.