Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Who's up for a Group Rip? 1972 Baseball included

So I have been selling off the majority of my unopened collection I have accumulated over the last few years and I thought it would be fun to do a group rip of what I have left. With this thread, I just want to gauge how many people would be up for it before I commit to breaking these open...

Every box that would be involved was purchased from the BBCE, and I can provide receipts if that is important to anyone. With some of this being on the high end and as a result somewhat pricey, it's important to me to know the packs will be accounted for. I have only been on the boards a little over a year and don't post as much as many of you, but I have gotten to know some really good people that can hopefully vouch for my integrity and honesty and wanting to keep the hobby as clean as possible. I can vouch for the boxes authenticity as much as Steve can since it's all from there and remains untouched since I purchased them. They are all wrapped in the cellophane they came in. The prices per pack are an extremely modest markup compared to what I paid. The intent is not to gouge as I just want it to be fun and give some of the unopened enthusiasts some good ripping to hold them off until the National, and at the same time see a small profit, if nothing else to cover thee managing of the process and shipping.

Here's what I have:

1 1972 Topps Baseball Series 5/6 (High Series) (24 total packs) $310/pk
2 1993 SP Baseball Boxes (48 total packs) $20 ea
2 1978 O-PEE-CHEE Baseball Boxes (72 total packs) $16
1 1975 Topps Football Cello Box (24 Total Packs) $75/pk
2 1986 Topps Football Wax Boxes (72 total packs) $15/pk
1 1981 Topps Baseball Wax Box $4/pk
1 1980 O-PEE-CHEE Baseball Box $10/pk
1 1983 O-PEE-CHEE Baseball Box $5/pk

Specifically, the 1972 Box is gorgeous but at $310/pk do we have 24 buyers? I would likely start that out at 1 per person and if some want a 2nd we would do it.

With the 1975 Topps FB Cello Box, I would also start these at 1/person and see the interest. Lastly, if there is enough interest I will start it Monday at an announced time to give everyone a fair shot. I am PST in California and around 12Noon PST that day would be the likely time, as it's the most convenient time to be sitting on my computer tracking it. This is not official where you are claiming your packs yet. Just a feel as to whether everyone is up for this.

The Clockwork Angel Collection...brought to you by Bank of America, Wells Fargo, and Chase
TheClockworkAngelCollection

Comments

• abcoltsfanabcoltsfan Posts: 802 ✭✭✭
    I would be in for the 81 baseball and most likely the 83 OPC

Working on the following sets
    1980's and 1990's Topps Baseball BBCE FASC - Cello or Wax Boxes
    1952 Bowman US Presidents PSA 7 & up
    Pro Football Hall of Fame Indianapolis Colts PSA Registry Set
    June 9th Cubs full ticket or stubs - 1981 to 2020
    Andre Dawson Topps Basic registry PSA 10's
    Mark Grace Topps Basic registry PSA 10's

• I would be in for a few of the 1981 topps cello and 1978 o-pee-chee.
  • RyanAdmirerRyanAdmirer Posts: 632 ✭✭
    I'd be in on 1981 Topps BBall, 1986 Topps Football, and 1978 OPC Baseball
    I'm a big Nolan Ryan fan OK???!!!
  • MattyCMattyC Posts: 1,335 ✭✭
    I'd venture that 72 box would go or some big money at an AH-- maybe send it to REA's new auction if it is not devoured here.

• ClockworkAngelClockworkAngel Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭
    Yup, Matt, that's where it's likely going if there is no interest here. I could get more money at auction houses but thought it would be a hell of a fun box for the group rip image
    The Clockwork Angel Collection...brought to you by Bank of America, Wells Fargo, and Chase
  • Who is in the 72 5/6 series box?

Thanks
    Hey guys

Just wanted to Bump this. Also, I've decided to rethink the 75 Cello box and just ship every pack as is and leave it to chance. If there is a Fouts or Swaan so be it. Don't want to come off as I'm searching these. Also, to make things smooth and clean I will not be a part of the group rip so everyone knows I will not be cherry picking or whatever you want to call it. Every pack will be sent out and I will stay out of this group rip.

Again, my biggest intent with this is to do it with integrity and make it fun. I want this to be smooth and be without controversy. There has been a lot of reports about the bad things going on, and I hope this is a good and fun thing for everyone

Hope this helps...
  • Should be 526-656
  • DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

<< <i>Who is in the 72 5/6 series box? >>

In addition to the below, remember that cards #657 on up are all HI #'d cards!

530 Don Sutton

550 Brooks Robinson

559 Pete Rose

560 Pete Rose IN ACTION

567 Juan Marichal

568 Juan Marichal IN ACTION

595 Nolan Ryan

600 Al Kaline

620 Phil Niekro

686 Steve Garvey

695 Rod Carew

696 Rod Carew IN ACTION

751 Steve Carlton TRADED

752 Joe Morgan TRADED

754 Frank Robinson TRADED

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • ergoismergoism Posts: 315 ✭✭✭
    This would be a great group rip with a solid guy like Clockwork running it. With that said, max me out on everything offered. I'm in a ripping mood.
  • ReggieClevelandReggieCleveland Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1983 O-Pee-Chee at $10/pack? That's a typo, right?
  • tsalems1tsalems1 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭

<< <i>1983 O-Pee-Chee at $10/pack? That's a typo, right? >>

36 pack box, these sell around $80-$100 box
    www.OPCBASEBALL.com

Email: OPCBASEBALL@YAHOO.COM

Follow OPCBASEBALL.COM on Facebook
  • MattyCMattyC Posts: 1,335 ✭✭
    I can also vouch for Clockwork across the board. Should be a fun time. Would love to see a Young or Rice 10 come from that box (so I can buy it from the puller, heheh image )
  • CooptownCooptown Posts: 397 ✭✭✭
    Count me in for an 81 Topps baseball pack.

<< <i>1983 O-Pee-Chee at $10/pack? That's a typo, right? >>

Yes. The box I have for $10 is 1980, not 1983. 1983 is $5
  • Scottiec2288Scottiec2288 Posts: 911 ✭✭✭
    I would be in for the football. This is a great offering and thanks for doing this rip.
  • I would be in for the 81 T basbeball.
    Collecting Topps Baseball: 1966-present base sets
    Topps/OPC Hockey 1966-Present base sets
  • 08HALA2008HALA20 Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭
    I would be interesfed in 78 OPC
    75 FB and 80 Opc

Joe
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd be interested in 78 OPC, 80 OPC and 81 Topps BB.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Baez578Baez578 Posts: 967 ✭✭✭
    I'll go in on 81
  • DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

<< <i>I'd be interested in 78 OPC, 80 OPC and 81 Topps BB. >>

If Tim likes those packs, then I'll go for the same!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • or246or246 Posts: 110 ✭✭✭
    I would be interested in the following

1993 SP Baseball, 1986 Topps Football,1981 Topps Baseball, 1980 OPC
    Currently working on 1970 Topps Hockey PSA 9 set
    It doesn't look like there is much interest in the pricey ones, so let's just do a box of 1986 Football, a box of 1993 SP Baseball, a box of 1978 OPC, and the 1981 Baseball. I will start it at 12 Noon PST tomorrow. If there is enough interest to crack open the other 86FB, 78OPC, and 93 SP, I'll do that as well. See ya tomorrow!
  • bigdcardsbigdcards Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭
    This fell off the front page and there is 40 minutes to go. So.....

Bump
    To bigdcards: "you are right" - cpamike "That is correct" -grote15
  • or246or246 Posts: 110 ✭✭✭
    edited for other page.
    Currently working on 1970 Topps Hockey PSA 9 set