Home Metal Detecting
Options

Got a new pin pointer today...

The Garrett Pro pin pointer .. I really like the way it signals and gets faster the closer you get to the target. Also got a 9v battery rechargeable unit with two rechargeable batteries. Looking forward to a practice run with it soon.

Comments

• Options
    WhiteTornadoWhiteTornado Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the report, I have been considering that model for my pin pointer. It does seem popular.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lots of good reports on that unit.... let us know how you like it...Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭✭
    Awesome! Heard a lot of good things about it. A couple of months ago I seriously considered one but went with another pistol probe because I've been using one since 09 or so so it's what I'm familiar with. Keep us posted on how you like it
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,215 ✭✭✭✭✭
    You needed one. In your last video I watched, it sounded like your old Tinytec was about to give up the ghost.

I've gone through two Tinytecs, and they're great for the price, but not always the longest lasting things around.

I am fond of my inline Sun Ray GI-1 Invader, because it uses the detector's power supply and discriminator settings.

But if I had that to do over again, I probably would have just gotten another pocket probe. I don't really need an inline probe that uses my detector's settings. Plain ol' all metal mode with no discrimination is fine for a probe.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.