nencoinnencoin Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭✭
Suryaraj CK
3422 SW 15 Street
Sutie 5990
Deerfield Beach, FL 33441
jak745@yahoo.com
202-657-5436
IP 74.115.210.198

Trying to order gold with a stolen credit card.

Comments

• mrearlygoldmrearlygold Posts: 17,858 ✭✭✭
    Thank you for the heads up!
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    image Thanks for the alert....Cheers, RickO
  • johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,490 ✭✭✭✭✭
    thanks for the heads up. i just got done with a fraud thing out of minnisota. it wasent fun.
  • joecopperjoecopper Posts: 1,195 ✭✭✭
    thanks for the heads-up
  • nencoinnencoin Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭✭
    Anytime we get these bogus orders, we process them and let them know their coins have been shipped. (Just to have a little fun with them.) Then when they call looking for the tracking number, I usually have a little more fun with them. I wasn't in the mood for fun today, so when he called asking for the tracking number, I told him I gave it to the police and to get lost. This guy has been in operation since 2006 using stolen cards, according to this site: banknotes.com
  • RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks!!!
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • numismanumisma Posts: 3,877 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Suryaraj CK
    3422 SW 15 Street
    Sutie 5990
    jak745@yahoo.com
    202-657-5436
    IP 74.115.210.198

Trying to order gold with a stolen credit card. >>

This one of many reasons why I love this forum. We had a couple of charges come through for just under $9,000 yesterday. I Googled this guy's name and this thread was at the top of the search results. Thanks for saving us a headache. Even if we would have caught it eventually, this saved me time in trying to analyze the charges.

• telephoto1telephoto1 Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's apparently another round of this going on... Indian/middle eastern dialect, male and female, either out of state or blocked number, asking if we have gold and what credit cards we take. When I tell them we don't take CCs on gold bullion due to the fees they immediately hang up... We've averaged a couple calls like this each week over the last month and a half or so.

RIP Mom- 1932-2012
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Once again, this is a very valuable feature this forum provides.... alerts of this sort save people money and extensive problems. Keep it up.. Cheers, RickO
  • TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,832 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have 2 driver's license photos of a couple of crooks. God knows how much I would love to post those image along with a few "fraudsters and forgers" in this line of business.

But, I already wrote it off. image Thanks for the heads up.

Actually, I didn't Google the name. I searched for his address and that's how I found this thread on Google. The perp changed his name but everything else posted by nencoin was the same.

I have had this happy many times, and at one point I was so angry at the time it was wasting that I decided to go after these scumbags. I contacted the credit card companies and got to the various fraud departments. I had physical addresses, and had information that they were expecting my Express package filled with gold (I was going to send gold, but rather rocks). I told the credit card investigators that if they go to such-and-such address, then they could arrest the maggot. They said they didn't care, and that it happens every day. I told them that if they chip away at the problem, then it would get better, but they made it sound like they expect to write off a certain amount of bad charges each year. Or, more likely, they expect that their customers will absorb losses.

Next I contacted the FBI with the same information. Same thing: too small to worry about and they didn't have the resources to handle this type of crime. Someone can get away with stealing 9,000 worth of gold, yet if the same fool walked into 7-11 and stole a pack of gum, that person would be arrested. Please explain this to me, as I still to this day do not understand the logic.
  • silverpopsilverpop Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    robbery, rape, murder, gang crime and such - major priority

coin and bullion crime, credit card crime-low priority

also the more the public wants action the more likely the law will get involved

• astroratastrorat Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Suryaraj CK
    3422 SW 15 Street
    Sutie 5990
    jak745@yahoo.com
    202-657-5436
    IP 74.115.210.198

Trying to order gold with a stolen credit card. >>

Dang ... you seem to get more than your fair share of these!
    Numismatist Ordinaire
    See http://www.doubledimes.com for a free online reference for US twenty-cent pieces
  • LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>This one of many reasons why I love this forum. We had a couple of charges come through for just under $9,000 yesterday. I Googled this guy's name and this thread was at the top of the search results. Thanks for saving us a headache. Even if we would have caught it eventually, this saved me time in trying to analyze the charges.

image >>

+1
    it is nice and would be even nicer if the reports were all in one spot so it would be more easily referenced and quickly in case someone wanted/needed to check a list on the spot. just imo.

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

• danglendanglen Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭
    He's at it again! Tried to order currency from us. You would think the Postal inspectors would have put a stop to his activities by now image
    danglen

My Website

"Everything I have is for sale except for my wife and my dog....and I'm not sure about one of them."

I reported this guy to the fraud department at Mastercard and tried to escalate the case. They didn't care and made it sound like it is all part of the daily process. A couple of years ago I had another similar fraud problem and I reported it to the FBI, since I had found that it was actually a large ring operating throughout the country. I tied IP addresses, emails, card numbers, etc., together and could see what they were doing. FBI didn't care...AT ALL. I do not understand why they won't get involved. I concluded that we are in this alone and we just have to be smarter than these scumbags.
  • 291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,936 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The amount of credit card fraud is huge but it seems that it is just considered to be a cost of doing business.

All glory is fleeting.
  • joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The amount of credit card fraud is huge but it seems that it is just considered to be a cost of doing business. >>

This is why a "cashless society" would be irrelevant! Removing cash from society would not abolish crime entirely. My 2 cents$image

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • danglendanglen Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭
    I just found out that reporting this activity to your Postmaster does absolutely nothing. You have to log in to your USPS account and pay $11.50 to have the package intercepted. The money is no big deal, but they could care less about the fraud involved image
    danglen

My Website

"Everything I have is for sale except for my wife and my dog....and I'm not sure about one of them."
  • silverpopsilverpop Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭✭✭
    hello

rape, robbery, murder ETC.. major crimes

CC Fraud-minor crime

in other words officials aren't going to care unless someone gets killed, raped, beaten, robbed at gunpoint ETC... then they care but to them this is minor not important enough to bother with
  • HATTRICKHATTRICK Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having a name and address, maybe a personal visit to, in the words of Little Al from Boardwalk Empire, "Make a Statement"

would be in order.imageimage
    " If you push something hard enough, it will fall over. " The 1st Law of Opposition from The Firesign Theater

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file