Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Ebay Rant *Update*

Jinx86Jinx86 Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
Just received this negative feedback. "Have not received package!l". Item was purchased the 20th shipped the 21st, no scans after the 22nd. Buyer never contacted me, not once. Nor ,Im assume have they checked the tracking. They never opened a case against me. I insured the package and put signature confirmation on it.

Its people like this that really make selling on ebay difficult and is part of the reason why Im selling off my store. Ebayers expecting everything to be "perfect". Well theres one major issue with assuming that...humans make mistakes.

Yes not much of a rant but I don't say a whole lot when Im mad.

Comments

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So what does the del. conf. say?
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    7 billion+ people. a few are going to be missing some screws image

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

• Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This kind of situation is why more and more people are just consigning items to sell instead of dealing with all the headaches...I hope you can at least get your money back from the USPS if it was indeed lost in transit.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    mrpotatoheaddmrpotatoheadd Posts: 7,576 ✭✭
    I hope you left him positive feedback, as after paying, his part of the deal was done.

At least, that's what some people here seem to think.
  • Options
    Well with him never opening a case against me and just leaving the negative. With my insurance on the package, do I just bring them my info stating lost package? Ive already been paid on this item.
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,521 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Well with him never opening a case against me and just leaving the negative. With my insurance on the package, do I just bring them my info stating lost package? Ive already been paid on this item. >>

If item was not delivered, and he files a claim, the payment you received will be reversed, so yes.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    RampageRampage Posts: 9,418 ✭✭✭✭
    I'd give it a few more days. That is one reason I never just drop packages off anymore. I personally hand them to the clerk to scan in. That way, I have proof that they at least got the items. Where it goes after that is the USPS problem, not mine.

• Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A bull services a cow. The Postal "Service" generally does the same.

bobimage
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    7over87over8 Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭
    Do yourself a favor - as I did - close your ebay account. Not worth the trouble. I found that the vast majority of buyers of coins were problem buyers - anything from being annoyed their item was not in their hands yet, to packaging issues, to postage paid issues ($2.95 vs. $1.64), to grading disputes, and on and on.

I was a 15 year member with a couple thousand feedback, 100% positive.

Account was closed. Their fees are ridiculous, the buyers even more of a problem.
  • Options
    TookybanditTookybandit Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>.
    7 billion+ people. a few are going to be missing some screws image
    . >>

• Options
    bigjpstbigjpst Posts: 3,033 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>So what does the del. conf. say? >>

It is unfortunate that the buyer left a negative so quickly, but if you used delivery confirmation, you may have some chance of either getting ebay to remove the feedback, or even getting the buyer to reverse it if the item arrives. Some buyers are not aware of how the whole thing really works, and if you are cordial, and the item arrives(even if it is late) they will change the feedback. I recently had a buyer open a snad case for a certified coin without contacting me. He stated the auction was for an NGC graded coin, and the one I sent wasn't. After messaging him, I found out, he did not know that NGC used different holders(it was an older fatty holder) and also did not know that he opened a case, just thought he was messaging me. This may not be the case with your buyer, but I would keep it pleasant, just in case you can work it out. I have had a few packages over the years that have gotten missent, or just seem to disappear. Once I had a buyer complain after a couple days, I looked at the tracking and it was still not showing accepted, so since it was a couple dollar item, I sent another. Sure enough, as soon as I did, the other item tracking started moving. Did the buyer send it back, or pay me for the second item? I'm sure you can answer that.
  • Options
    ctf_error_coinsctf_error_coins Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Do yourself a favor - as I did - close your ebay account. Not worth the trouble. I found that the vast majority of buyers of coins were problem buyers - anything from being annoyed their item was not in their hands yet, to packaging issues, to postage paid issues ($2.95 vs. $1.64), to grading disputes, and on and on.

Account was closed. Their fees are ridiculous, the buyers even more of a problem. >>

My ebay experience is exactly opposite of yours. 99.9% of my buyers are great customers. For the fees you pay, you get the most eyeballs, hands down. A great deal actually.

• Options
    RaufusRaufus Posts: 6,784 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This really is a frusturating situation.

How many feedbacks does this buyer have? He may be new and simply not understand the system. If he is not then there is just no excuse for this and I hope that you will out him.

I have been selling coins on FeeBay for about 10 years with over $120K sold. I have 100% Pos. FB as well. I have to say that ever since they changed the feedback policy so that you can't neg a buyer I've had to put up with a LOT of B.S. from difficult buyers to keep my 100% pos. Of course, some of this is just luck. You can do everything right as you've done and still get a totally undeserved neg.

I agree that I always hand my package to a Postal Clerk so that it is immediately accepted in the tracking system.

I think that as others have said you may be able to get this neg reversed. I'd start with a nice note to the buyer explaining the situation.

This is yet another perfect example of why I think that it's just nuts to leave a buyer pos. feedback when they pay.

As to Ebay - the fees are insane, they get more and more anti-seller and demanding all the time and the service is poor. This is the result of them having no real competition. As was said above, there is just no other venue where there are so many eyes on your item.

As the fees, policies and service have become worse I've tried to use the BST more and to sell off of FeeBay more. As FeeBay gets worse perhaps they will loose enough sellers that things will trun around.
    Land of the Free because of the Brave!
  • Options

<< <i>Just received this negative feedback. "Have not received package!l". Item was purchased the 20th shipped the 21st, no scans after the 22nd. Buyer never contacted me, not once. Nor ,Im assume have they checked the tracking. They never opened a case against me. I insured the package and put signature confirmation on it.

Its people like this that really make selling on ebay difficult and is part of the reason why Im selling off my store. Ebayers expecting everything to be "perfect". Well theres one major issue with assuming that...humans make mistakes.

Yes not much of a rant but I don't say a whole lot when Im mad. >>

Had almost the same issue....shipped a package the first day I could based on what the buyer paid, tracking didn't update and he opened a case on me asking for a refund. This was less than a week from the time he paid till the time he opened the case. When I told him the item was shipped and provided the tacking which was already input into Ebay the day the package mailed he told me to stop arguing with my customer. No argument took place...I simply let him know when the packaged was shipped and asked why he opened a case before contacting me. The package arrived a few days later and the case was closed and I promptly blocked the buyer....who needs those kind of headaches.

Do you have the buyers ID...would like to block him so I don't run into the same BS?
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Do yourself a favor - as I did - close your ebay account. Not worth the trouble. I found that the vast majority of buyers of coins were problem buyers - anything from being annoyed their item was not in their hands yet, to packaging issues, to postage paid issues ($2.95 vs. $1.64), to grading disputes, and on and on.

Account was closed. Their fees are ridiculous, the buyers even more of a problem. >>

My ebay experience is exactly opposite of yours. 99.9% of my buyers are great customers. For the fees you pay, you get the most eyeballs, hands down. A great deal actually. >>

Quite the pain in the but some of the time but I have to agree.....too many eye balls looking at my items to sell anywhere else.
  • Options
    Well after a short, strongly worded email to the buyer he was very very apologetic. He didn't realize how bad a negative feedback is or how long it can take for a package to arrive....even in the states.

As of yesterday...."I received the subject coin today. Thanks for following up on it. It is a really nice specimen for my collection. I am sincerely sorry for any issues.If you know how I can change rating, I will.
    "

So my question now is what steps does he have to go through to remove/change his feedback.
  • Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try here and see if it takes you to help.
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,199 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>So my question now is what steps does he have to go through to remove/change his feedback. >>

yes, buyer feedback can be changed

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,837 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be nice to have the patience of Job since many of us seem to have his job.
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Try here and see if it takes you to help. >>

click the above link previously quoted:

"Submit a feed back revision request."

You should have no problems. Good luck
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file