Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

OT- Old age humor

My 89 year old father has professed to having half-eihmers disease for the last 2-3 years. According to him, that is when you don't know what the .... you were talking about half of the time. Now he is claiming that there are advantages to his ailment. He claims that he is able to hide his own Easter eggs. Well, he hasn't lost his sense of humor. Laughter is a great medicine.

P.S.

1. This is a true story.
2. What did he teach me: Don't sweat the little things in life.

Have a Great Day!
Louis, Jr.
"If you would know the value of money, go and try to borrow some." Benjamin Franklin

Comments

• Options
    bolivarshagnastybolivarshagnasty Posts: 7,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Half eihmers. I'll have to remember that errrrr....... half the time?
  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,994 ✭✭✭✭✭

"With age there is wisdom."

An elderly couple was asked, "At your ripe age, what would you prefer to get, Parkinson’s or Alzheimer’s?"
    Almost in unison this wise pair answered, "Definitely Parkinson’s. Why is that? came the follow-up question.
    Better to spill half our wine than to forget where we keep the bottle."

Old is Great!!
  • Options
    1Mike11Mike1 Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Couple of things my mother in-law (I believe she’s 86) has said in the past to cause me to pause… Having problems with her remote one day she calls my wife complaining. My wife suggests to simply changing the batteries and mom replies “but the package says they’re good until 2015!”

Another time mom calls my wife and remarks at how awful the weather will be this week and wonders what she should do to prepare. My wife is puzzled because the weather is quite normal and asks mom what she is talking about and mom replies “I was watching TV and they said it’s tornado week.” image
    "May the silver waves that bear you heavenward be filled with love’s whisperings"

"A dog breaks your heart only one time and that is when they pass on". Unknown
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,525 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i tinks we all suffer from that. image
  • Options
    SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,886 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i> “but the package says they’re good until 2015!” >>

LMAO!
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Growing old is mandatory; growing up is optional. That is my motto....and it has worked so far...image Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    SmEagle1795SmEagle1795 Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My father calls it "sometimers"
    Learn about our world's shared history told through the first millennium of coinage: Colosseo Collection
  • Options
    PTVETTERPTVETTER Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Getting old has its advantages.
    1) you don't have to remember just blame it on old age.
    2) don't need to try to impress girls... No reason to .
    2) getting old has its advantages
    ) what were we talking about?

Where are those keys?

Have a good day or night
    Pat Vetter,Mercury Dime registry set,1938 Proof set registry,Pat & BJ Coins:724-325-7211

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,446 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Half eihmers. I'll have to remember that errrrr....... half the time? >>

I thought it was called old timers disease.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file