Home Metal Detecting
Options

My latest Detecting video....

Lordmarcovan has inspired me to get up and get back out detecting....so, I was able to go the other day, Rob was scheduled to go, but after a night of work, he had to get some beauty rest...just kidding ya Rob..I've been there myself after 22 years of it...anyway...here is my latest movie..

Detecting Gascoinge Bluff, St Simons Is, Ga.

Comments

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm glad you didn't find a 1790's Capped Bust half cent like you did the last time I canceled one of our "dig dates"! image

But I hear you got "silvered" in an area that's been stingy with its silver to me over the years!

Which is one reason I proposed a joint "digspedition". I figure if I totally get skunked, the people will at least have YOUR finds to admire.

We'll definitely have to do this soon... a two-digger, two-detector, two-camera outing. Should be fun.

Off to watch the movie now!

PS- note the current sig line picture I'm wearing:

Oh, and for those who missed it, here is my video about Gascoigne Bluff, for some background. (Though you'll wanna watch Steve's video to see any actual finds being made.)

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    Hey, that was great! Sorry I pooped out on you that time. But I definitely will take a rain check, for the next time it ain't raining!

For your first few targets, you must have been on the southern end of the park, sorta near the fishing pier and the Causeway, eh? The camera's mike really picked up the traffic sounds, though I know those trucks had to be a lot farther away than they sounded.

LOL @ the lens cap frustrations. I've long wondered how you made do with a handheld camera. You don't have it mounted on you somewhere, do you? Considering all that, I've been impressed with how steady your shots are; how you manage to dig with one hand and presumably hold the camera with the other. Speaking of your little plastic mat you were missing so much, I really should start doing that again, with an old towel or bandanna or something, but I find that even with my camera headmounted, both of my hands stay busy with shovel, detector, trowel, etc.

We really should compare notes. Are you using Windows Movie Maker? Must be a more sophisticated or newer version than I'm using.

Again, congrats on getting silvered in a more stingy part of the Bluff. Looks like your modern coin count was enviable, too. Just to have dug that much modern pocket change in the park part of the Bluff, I would have had about five pounds of aluminum trash and pot metal crusties to go along with it!

Good work. Look forward to gettin' together with you soon and giving the folks out there in cyberspace a joint production dig movie! image

We should invite pcgs69 to come on down and strut his stuff on a Southern site sometime.

(You may recall I once hosted "The Mighty Phut", took him to a relic site, and he got Spanish silver.)

@pcgs69- if you ever wanna fly South for the winter, I get a Friends & Family discount at the beach resort where I work.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great video.. lots of fun...Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭✭
    Only have a few seconds, but wanted to post. Thanks for the video! Always nice seeing someone else's digs.

LordM, would love to hang out with you guys at some point!
  • Options
    WhiteTornadoWhiteTornado Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭
    Cool video, thanks for posting! image
  • Options

<< <i>Only have a few seconds, but wanted to post. Thanks for the video! Always nice seeing someone else's digs.

LordM, would love to hang out with you guys at some point! >>

Consider it a standing invitation. You'll wanna steer clear of here in late spring and the entire summer, but our autumns are awesome and winter and early spring usually mild and pleasant.