Home Precious Metals
Options

If I had a million cash, I would hire some security... just sayin.

mrpaseomrpaseo Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭
(I linked it but the web page is Market Watch and the link had the words together and the word tw@t was in it so it would not link marketw@tch)

<< <i>June 25, 2013, 11:31 a.m. EDT
$1.2 million missing after plane arrives in NYC

By Market Watch

NEW YORK -Some $1.2 million in cash was discovered missing from a Swiss International Air Lines jet after it landed at John F. Kennedy Airport on Monday, according to press reports citing the FBI. It's unclear when the cash vanished. According to the New York Post, representatives of the recipient opened the exterior of a cargo container and found a smaller receptacle that should have had the cash had been emptied. There were no signs that it had been compromised. The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey, which operates the airport, said it could not comment, according to the AP. >>

Comments

• Options
    dimplesdimples Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭
    You would think a courier service would have been safer.

Dan
  • Options
    jp297jp297 Posts: 31 ✭✭

<< <i>$1.2 million in cash was discovered missing…a smaller receptacle that should have had the cash had been emptied. There were no signs that it had been compromised… >>

Sounds like a job for…BANACEK.

(Couldn't help myself - it's playing on the local retro TV station.)
  • Options
    VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Sounds like a job for…BANACEK.

(Couldn't help myself - it's playing on the local retro TV station.) >>

Haven't heard that name in years! Banacek or Columbo would be the best choice though. image
  • Options
    fishcookerfishcooker Posts: 3,446 ✭✭
    Awesome.
  • Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

Was banacek the guy that literally got shot in the shoulder every week?image

sorry about that Banacek fans I was thinking of mannix and I was exaggerating a bit.

I found this on the google "Over the eight seasons of the series, Mannix was knocked unconscious 55 times and shot 17 times. " Not every episode but wow what a tough SOB image
  • Options
    Hello, my name is Banacek

(Never heard of this show before today.
  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,994 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>(I linked it but the web page is Market Watch and the link had the words together and the word tw@t was in it so it would not link marketw@tch)

<< <i>June 25, 2013, 11:31 a.m. EDT
    $1.2 million missing after plane arrives in NYC

By Market Watch

NEW YORK -Some $1.2 million in cash was discovered missing from a Swiss International Air Lines jet after it landed at John F. Kennedy Airport on Monday, according to press reports citing the FBI. It's unclear when the cash vanished. According to the New York Post, representatives of the recipient opened the exterior of a cargo container and found a smaller receptacle that should have had the cash had been emptied. There were no signs that it had been compromised. The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey, which operates the airport, said it could not comment, according to the AP. >>

>>

From my experience one can get about $50K in Bens into a PCGS blue box. $1.2 mil would need about 24 blue boxes. How does one hide that amount of cash. It's not like someone could put it in their purse.
  • Options

<< <i>How does one hide that amount of cash. it's not like someone could put it in their purse. >>

Hmmmmm... let's see...

Maybe rolled up:

In a biscuit:

In a belt:

In s suitcase:

However they did it, once they have it, I suggest this is NOT how to hide it at your home:

• Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol!
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    drei3reedrei3ree Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭✭
    $50K in 100's in a blue box? I haven't done it but would have thought about half that amount...gonna have to try it...
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will never understand poor security, in either personal or professional endeavors..... just makes no sense. Cheers, RickO
  • Options

<< <i>$50K in 100's in a blue box? I haven't done it but would have thought about half that amount...gonna have to try it... >>

I did it with smaller denominations. I think one can fit somewhere around 500 bills in a blue box.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>How does one hide that amount of cash. it's not like someone could put it in their purse. >>

Hmmmmm... let's see...

In s suitcase:

However they did it, once they have it, I suggest this is NOT how to hide it at your home:

image >>

Obviously we aren't privy to any details, but if one had to get by even one or two people that kind of scratch could create a noticeable lump.
  • Options
    s4nys4ny Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Sounds like a job for…BANACEK.

(Couldn't help myself - it's playing on the local retro TV station.) >>

Haven't heard that name in years! Banacek or Columbo would be the best choice though. image >>

Exactly his kind of mystery, maybe the insurance company will call him.