Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

For the original packaging fans....more added 7-16-13

blu62vetteblu62vette Posts: 11,901 ✭✭✭✭✭
Here is some cool stuff. I am working through a large group/hoard of these packages. Some great coins and holders. More will follow later with great color and documents. If you didnt see, these go along with the Pan Pac from this thread.

Enjoy!

Additions 7-16-13:

http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook

Comments

• Options
    LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    wow 65 images worth!

great imaging and great stuff image

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

• Options
    DUIGUYDUIGUY Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭
    WAYWAY image
    “A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly."

- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 106-43 BC
  • Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never saw that Stack's Arkansas holder.
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options

<< <i>Never saw that Stack's Arkansas holder. >>

I'll add few more of them later.
    http://www.bluccphotos.com" target="new">BluCC Photos Shows for onsite imaging: Nov Baltimore, FUN, Long Beach http://www.facebook.com/bluccphotos" target="new">BluCC on Facebook
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do not favor the tarnish but the coins look really great.... and original packaging is a real plus...Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    coindeucecoindeuce Posts: 13,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I once watched a full time dealer break a Gem Oregon Trail set out of the card as if it was a piece of motzah. She couldn't figure out why a grown man would cry in her shop for no apparent reason. I just left that day, too shocked for words. image

"Everything is on its way to somewhere. Everything." - George Malley, Phenomenon
    http://www.americanlegacycoins.com

• Options
    TreashuntTreashunt Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every one is a real beauty!

Thanks for showing
    Frank

BHNC #203

• Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,537 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those boxes sure ruined those coins (toning is dang ugly). Good to keep the packaging but the collector should
    keep an eye on what is happening with the coins. These look like they were put away and forgotten.
    Shame.

bobimage

Oh, I only see 5 images, do you really see 65 Lance?
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    golddustingolddustin Posts: 838 ✭✭
    That rainbow Cleveland is mighty attractive - particularly the reverse, where the stars & compass are contrasted by the toned field - sweet coin!
    Don't you know that it's worth
    every treasure on Earth
    to be young at heart?
    And as rich as you are,
    it's much better by far,
    to be young at heart!
  • Options
    KoveKove Posts: 2,026 ✭✭✭✭
    Interesting assortment. I've owned each of those holders at one time or another. It's nice to see them all together.
  • Options
    mrearlygoldmrearlygold Posts: 17,858 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,373 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty cool!image
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    etexmikeetexmike Posts: 6,795 ✭✭✭
    I like 'em. image

Great pics Todd.

Mike
  • Options
    LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Oh, I only see 5 images, do you really see 65 Lance? >>

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

• Options
    joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,865 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very impressive! Beauuutiful in the housing,something that might set a new collector hooked.imageimage

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options
    morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great stuff, thanks for sharing Todd image
    World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • Options
    kimber45ACPkimber45ACP Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    it sure is nice to see coins that werent messed with in any way.
  • Options
    BGBG Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gotta love history!

Very nice!
  • Options
    ConstantineConstantine Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,842 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Makes me wish I would have kept a few things which have slipped through my hands over the years, in the original package image
  • Options
    ajmanajman Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭
    Great thread, thanks for posting. image
    Beer is Proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy -Benjamin Franklin-
  • Options

<< <i>Those boxes sure ruined those coins (toning is dang ugly). Good to keep the packaging but the collector should
    keep an eye on what is happening with the coins. These look like they were put away and forgotten.
    Shame.

bobimage >>

If you are hinting at the Arks, this is why you see so many dipped out or tan brown. Will also have a great Ark matched set to share later.
  • Options
    sparky64sparky64 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭✭✭
    blu62vette,
    Please stop posting to this thread, being on the boards, and..........GET TO WORK! image

Honestly, for me, this is probably one of the most anticipated threads in a while.
    I love classic commems and the various original packaging as well.

We're so fortunate to be able to see just what you've shown already.
    Thanks!

"If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

My Washington Quarter Registry set...in progress

• Options
    AnkurJAnkurJ Posts: 11,366 ✭✭✭✭
    Very cool! The toning is a bit too far gone on some of them though.
    All coins kept in bank vaults.
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
    SeaEagleCoins: 11/14/54-4/5/12. Miss you Larry!
  • Options
    ShamikaShamika Posts: 18,760 ✭✭✭✭
    Love this post! Thanks blu62vette.
    Buyer and seller of vintage coin boards!
  • Options
    BsktmkrBsktmkr Posts: 30 ✭✭
    I love the historical aspects of the original packaging. One can preserve the packaging and the coins by storing them properly today. It might be too late for some of the pieces in your photographs, but that does little to diminish the thrill of seeing them together.
    ANA E-1059458
  • Options
    OK, I'm going to run this "B" movie to help pass time until the "A" feature film arrives. Kinda like a Popeye cartoon before Gone With The Wind. image

Aknowlegement of order envelope and letter.
    imageimage

Coin envelope, etc...
    imageimage
    imageimage

"If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

• Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, those holders sure caused crap toning on those Arkansas halves. Sorry, I think the original packaging is neat, but I'd have to resist the temptation to dip those coins. (No, don't worry, I wouldn't, but I'd sell them to somebody else who appreciated them more.)

This, on the other hand is really neat:

Really, ALL the packaging here is neat, from a historical standpoint, even if some of it wasn't ideal for the coins.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.
  • Options
    Sorry. Just checkin' in, making sure everything is ok.
    Carry on.

• Options
    Cam40Cam40 Posts: 8,146
    Ok, Its later now.
  • Options
    anablepanablep Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a great post. Thanks for the history lesson!
    Always looking for attractive rim toned Morgan and Peace dollars in PCGS or (older) ANA/ANACS holders!

"Bongo hurtles along the rain soaked highway of life on underinflated bald retread tires."

~Wayne
  • Options
    Added a few more in the OP.
  • Options
    guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,240 ✭✭✭

Wow, those are awesome. I especially like the Long Island.
    @ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.
  • Options
    shorecollshorecoll Posts: 5,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really great, even with the "tarnish".
    ANA-LM, NBS, EAC
  • Options
    AMRCAMRC Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice stroll down history lane. Thanks
    MLAeBayNumismatics: "The greatest hobby in the world!"

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights