Home Precious Metals
Options

$70 over spot

Went to local B&M this past week. Tuesday, If I remember correctly..... Yellow metal selling at $70 premium over spot. FYI.

Comments

• Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,994 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Went to local B&M this past week. Tuesday, If I remember correctly..... Yellow metal selling at $70 premium over spot. FYI. >>

Is that good or bad? Did you buy some?
  • Options
    nibannynibanny Posts: 2,761
    AGE are $60+ on major dealer's websites.
    A while back their premium was $29-49 for full ounces.
    The member formerly known as Ciccio / Posts: 1453 / Joined: Apr 2009
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're looking for 1 oz gold bars and willing to wait, which appears to be the norm with Provident, you can get the OPM bars for about $15 above spot. In addition, if you buy one of their BU 90% rolls with your OPM order...shipping is free.

OPM gold at Provident
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options

<< <i>AGE are $60+ on major dealer's websites.
    A while back their premium was $29-49 for full ounces. >>

When selling something like AGEs is there some sort of universal premium that buyers/dealers agree to pay? I keep hearing that the premium is returned when selling, but how is that premium assured when it's time to sell? IIRC my local dealer offers $30-$35 over spot for Maple leafs. How many here [if/when buying] would pay the same price to a trusted private buyer as they would to one of the big bullion houses?
  • Options
    nibannynibanny Posts: 2,761

<< <i>

<< <i>AGE are $60+ on major dealer's websites.
    A while back their premium was $29-49 for full ounces. >>

When selling something like AGEs is there some sort of universal premium that buyers/dealers agree to pay? I keep hearing that the premium is returned when selling, but how is that premium assured when it's time to sell? IIRC my local dealer offers $30-$35 over spot for Maple leafs. How many here [if/when buying] would pay the same price to a trusted private buyer as they would to one of the big bullion houses? >>

In my little experience, in order to keep the premium you paid you have to sell "retail", not to a dealer.
    I have always taken my premium back while selling on the forum, we are almost all final customers.
    When I buy on the forum, I usually check the current prices from the major dealers and see if it's more convenient, both on price and delivery time (usually forumite are quicker then online dealers in my experience!)

Apmex too offers $30+ over spot for AGEs.
    The member formerly known as Ciccio / Posts: 1453 / Joined: Apr 2009
  • Options

<< <i>If you're looking for 1 oz gold bars and willing to wait, which appears to be the norm with Provident, you can get the OPM bars for about $15 above spot. In addition, if you buy one of their BU 90% rolls with your OPM order...shipping is free.

OPM gold at Provident >>

In looking at their other 90% offerings, are circulated Walkers really worth almost $18 apiece?
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,523 ✭✭✭✭✭
    went to a coin show today. ase's from one dealer were going for $28. none for me and hes still got a stock. to qucik for a dump in pm's i guess. it sure can be a tough market at times
  • Options
    jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In Balt this week, most dealers were paying 30-35 over on AGE 1 oz ers.

d
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>If you're looking for 1 oz gold bars and willing to wait, which appears to be the norm with Provident, you can get the OPM bars for about $15 above spot. In addition, if you buy one of their BU 90% rolls with your OPM order...shipping is free.

OPM gold at Provident >>

In looking at there other 90% offerings, are circulated Walkers really worth almost $18 apiece? >>

That's $1 face = 2 coins... One must learn to read.image
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

OPM gold at Provident >>

In looking at there other 90% offerings, are circulated Walkers really worth almost $18 apiece? >>

That's $1 face = 2 coins... One must learn to read.image >>

Siimage