Home Sports Talk
Options

Patriots have the new Ray lewis

GRGR Posts: 550 ✭✭
Plenty of accusations will come the way of Aaron Hernandez if hes proven innocent. Anyways the 27 year old man was dating the mother of Hernandez Kid as well as Hernandez renting a vehicle and police confiscating an entire box from his home. Very sad news, very curious to see his response...
Nathan Wagner

Comments

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,241 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What????????????
    2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    jdip9jdip9 Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭
    GR, what are you talking about?

From ESPN.com: Police say that Lloyd was a linebacker for the Boston Bandits, a semi-pro football team, was dating the sister of Hernandez's girlfriend.

I will say that it doesn't look good for him though.
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Anyways the 27 year old man was dating the mother of Hernandez Kid >>

According to several news reports, he was dating the sister of Aaron's girlfriend. While shenanigans may or may not be in play (that's for the police to sort out), there is a big difference.
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    Brilliant minds...

So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    It's ok, the Patriots have Tebow.
  • Options
    is he just a wackadoodle or a jock that thinks he's too mighty for us mortals?
  • Options
    If he gets out of it for being an athlete everyone will accuse him his whole life just like they do to Ray, thats all I meant. Only God will ever know for sure, just a darn shame somebody died and I hope justice is served regardless of status, and sincerely hope the innocent are found innocent.
    Nathan Wagner
  • Options

<< <i>is he just a wackadoodle or a jock that thinks he's too mighty for us mortals? >>

I'll go with option C, a combination of the two.

edited to add: not good
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rae Carruth anyone?

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    1985fan1985fan Posts: 1,952 ✭✭
    Unlike Lewis, who bought his way out of his murder rap, it seems Hernandez will actually see some trouble for it.

• Options
    If police are willing to arrest Hernandez if he did it and not Ray lewis then shouldnt people be more upset at the crookedness of the system, both athletes have money. If hernandez gets jailtime even with his millions of dollars why should people be on Ray's case when he was acquitted?
    Nathan Wagner
  • Options

<< <i>If police are willing to arrest Hernandez if he did it and not Ray lewis then shouldnt people be more upset at the crookedness of the system, both athletes have money. If hernandez gets jailtime even with his millions of dollars why should people be on Ray's case when he was acquitted? >>

Hernandez isn't being arrested for that, he's being arrested for destroying evidence. He'll cop a plea and serve no jail time. However, ignoring Lewis' obvious involvement and watching millions fawn over a guy who should have been in jail for murder is simply sickening.
  • Options
    <<<Hernandez isn't being arrested for that, he's being arrested for destroying evidence.>>>

You're assuming that Hernandez didn't pull the trigger, and I wouldn't be so quick to assume that yet.
  • Options
    NotSureNotSure Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭
    At least here, on the East Coast (including the Bandits), 'semi-pro' is just a short name for 'too old, not good enough for college, but played high-school, just go out and hurt people-intentional or not, drive their own car to the game, hoping you aren't late from work'. Play, but no pay...this guy isn't going to buy his way out like Lewis. I know this, as I played one year for the North Shore Generals, same league as the Bandits.....these guys, no matter if they win the national championship or not, are NOT going to be signing pro contracts anytime soon. This guy will need all the help he can get.
    I'll come up with something.
  • Options

<< <i><<<Hernandez isn't being arrested for that, he's being arrested for destroying evidence.>>>

You're assuming that Hernandez didn't pull the trigger, and I wouldn't be so quick to assume that yet. >>

I wasn't assuming anything, simply relaying what was being reported on the news, which was that the warrant was going to be issued for obstruction.
  • Options
    thehallmarkthehallmark Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭
    Are you guessing Aaron Hernandez will plead guilty of Obstruction of Justice, then spend a decade being building one of the best resumes in the history of the NFL as a player and as a humanitarian, massively respected amongst his peers? Do you foresee Aaron Hernandez will become a community leader in two major american cities, devoting an inordinate amount of his time to inner city kids and their families, fund-raising for programs that keep people fed and educated and healthy?

The Patriots should be so lucky.
  • Options
    NotSureNotSure Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭
    Well, Hernandez was just arrested 90 minutes ago. Details of what he's being arrested for have not been released, but there is a warrant for obstruction of justice, yet it is not known what he's being arrested for. Reports are saying IF it's for the obstruction charge, 15 mins and bail, if murder, he will not be released. FOX 25 Boston reporter states "It does not look good for Hernandez", and there has been about a dozen boxes that have been taken as evidence. What he'll be charged, won't be released until he's in front of the judge sometime this morning.

IMO, if he's hanging with a guy like Lloyd, there could be fireworks.

edited to add...he was arrested and also cut from the Pats.
    I'll come up with something.
  • Options
    He's being arraigned later today, we should find out the charges then. IMO, it is 50/50 whether it is murder or obstruction of justice.
  • Options
    pitbosspitboss Posts: 8,643 ✭✭✭
    Murder 1, no bail. What an idiot if he is guilty!
  • Options
    WTCGWTCG Posts: 8,940 ✭✭✭
    Charged with first degree murder. This isn't looking good.
    Follow me on Twitter @wtcgroup
    Authorized dealer for PCGS, PCGS Currency, NGC, NCS, PMG, CAC. Member of the PNG, ANA. Member dealer of CoinPlex and CCE/FACTS as "CH5"
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not good
  • Options
  • Options
    Baez578Baez578 Posts: 967 ✭✭✭

<< <i>image >>

that's classic image
  • Options
  • Options
    CNoteCNote Posts: 2,070

<< <i>image >>

Shouldn't the serial # be 25-life?
  • Options
  • Options
    CNoteCNote Posts: 2,070
    Bingo, the circle is complete.
  • Options
    Reading the last report out it sure looks like they have Hernandes's movements down pat from when he picked up the victim and when the victim ended up dead. Good police work! Is he going to be the new bubba at Walpole?
  • Options
    RipublicaninMassRipublicaninMass Posts: 10,051 ✭✭✭
    From Tight End to Wide Receiver...overnight
  • Options
    OUCH !!!!!
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Now being investigated for a Double Murder from a year ago. Looks like the current victim knew about Hernandez' involvement in that DM. Maybe threatened to go to police if he wasn't given a large sum of money? Who knows.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    And the plot thickens---
  • Options
    You guys crack me up with whole bubba thing ect.. You guys dont know a thing about jail. The guy will be 100% fine in general pop, he is not a child molester or a rapist. Even those guys get protected, the guy will be fine and the cons will enjoy talking to him probably.

Im not in Hernandez corner by any stretch if he is guilty then F him. And good police work? LOL this idiot practically left a bread trail for investigators!
  • Options
    CDsNutsCDsNuts Posts: 10,092
    It's amazing that people continue to talk about the Ray Lewis thing, yet still very few people have taken the time to educate themselves on the subject. He didn't buy his way out of anything. He didn't kill anybody. He was there, and was possibly part of the altercation that led to the murder but it was one or two of his acquaintances that did the killing. Ray made a deal to rat them out so they let him free. Prosecution will almost always offer this deal to any witness if there is proof they had no part in the actual crime, which apparently there was. If Ray Lewis is guilty of anything it's ratting out his friends, but calling him a murderer makes you ignorant.

Not only that, but the friends that Ray flipped on were eventually let free after the jury decided they acted in self-defense. The only person in this case that served any time in jail was Ray. Read this and educate yourself a little bit before comparing apples to oranges: Link
  • Options
    if anyone even commits a crime that could land them in prison for 5 or more years they secretly want to go there so there can get &^%%* in the %^^ daily.
  • Options

<< <i>if anyone even commits a crime that could land them in prison for 5 or more years they secretly want to go there so there can get &^%%* in the %^^ daily. >>

So if they commit a crime for less than 5 years they are just taking a break from society?

• Options
    haha.. correct. thems good peoples.
  • Options

<< <i>if anyone even commits a crime that could land them in prison for 5 or more years they secretly want to go there so there can get &^%%* in the %^^ daily. >>

Yet virtually no one who does commit that sort of crime ends up seeing that happen to them. So believing that would make you just as big of an idiot as they are
  • Options
    otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭
    The Celtics might be offering Hernandez a contract. After trading Pierce, they need another shooter...
  • Options
    BoopottsBoopotts Posts: 6,784 ✭✭

<< <i>You guys crack me up with whole bubba thing ect.. You guys dont know a thing about jail. The guy will be 100% fine in general pop, he is not a child molester or a rapist. Even those guys get protected, the guy will be fine and the cons will enjoy talking to him probably.

Im not in Hernandez corner by any stretch if he is guilty then F him. And good police work? LOL this idiot practically left a bread trail for investigators! >>

You have to remember the golden rule re: discussions about prison on the Internet, Paul:

As suburban white men discuss prison on an Internet message board, the probability that someone will make a tired joke about forcible sodomy quickly trends to 1.0.

• Options
    He'll still score more fantasy points than Mark Sanchez this season.

• Options
    gosteelersgosteelers Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭
    On a contrarian note, the inmates will be requesting Hernandez's auto on a daily basis...
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>You guys crack me up with whole bubba thing ect.. You guys dont know a thing about jail. The guy will be 100% fine in general pop, he is not a child molester or a rapist. Even those guys get protected, the guy will be fine and the cons will enjoy talking to him probably.

Im not in Hernandez corner by any stretch if he is guilty then F him. And good police work? LOL this idiot practically left a bread trail for investigators! >>

You have to remember the golden rule re: discussions about prison on the Internet, Paul:

As suburban white men discuss prison on an Internet message board, the probability that someone will make a tired joke about forcible sodomy quickly trends to 1.0. >>

Agreed image
  • Options

<< <i>
    As suburban white men discuss prison on an Internet message board, the probability that someone will make a tired joke about forcible sodomy quickly trends to 1.0. >>

You couldn't be more right. Hernandez will be a god in prison, having had public limelight in football AND these violent crimes.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

You couldn't be more right. Hernandez will be a god in prison, having had public limelight in football AND these violent crimes. >>

The reality of the situation is he will more than likely be spending the rest of his life in prison and if guilty deservably so, that in itself will be his true punishment. Truthfully in the prison world he will be respected by his fellow cons as a guy who snuffed out a possible "rat" and did what he had to do to follow the "Code" of thug life.
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,542 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, unlike Ray Lewis, it appears Hernandez will not be getting away with murder.
  • Options
    This thread should be re-titled "Patriots have the new Rae Carruth"
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>This thread should be re-titled "Patriots have the new Rae Carruth" >>

I called it on page 1, LOL..

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.