Home Metal Detecting
Options

My sons first find!

USMarine6USMarine6 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭✭✭
I got this coinmaster for my son for his birthday and he finally got his first coin in the back yard. Its a 2000 Washington quarter.
[URL=http://s1195.photobucket.com/user/USMarine5/media/IMG_20130616_120646_389_zps69e3ca02.jpg.html]image[/URL]

Comments

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very cool...and the look of excitement is priceless....lots of fun to come...Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭✭
    Congrats! Cheers to many years of detecting for him. My first detector was a whites coin master 1 in 1993 or so. Pretty good machine

6/17 Crap... Maybe it was a Classic 1? That was a long time ago. Will check this weekend
  • Options
    gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hes hookedimage As I was ,my first detector was also a white's fireball.1968
    had about 18 penlight batteries.No bells no whistles,Wish I had it back.
  • Options
    thats an awesome gift. my parents bought me a whites in 1986, been at it ever since.

i was in the marines 92-96 hawaii and okinawa. you ever been around there?
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,498 ✭✭✭✭✭
    looks like hes on his way. id love to see it when he gets his first silver image
  • Options
    USMarine6USMarine6 Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ya he was out that night past dark swinging. Semper Fi! No east coast for this Jarhead. 1994-2000. He found a couple lincolns after the quarter.
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,198 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great picture!

I didn't realize they were still making the Coinmaster. (I've been mostly a Garrett man for the past 20 years.) Obviously your son has a 21st century version. Cool. I had buddies who used the old Whites models very successfully.

Matter o' fact, my very first "real" detector (which I bought in December 1981) was a White's TR Discriminator. Got it at Sears, so it had the Sears nameplate on it, but it was a White's. And not a bad detector for the time.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.