Home Metal Detecting
Options

owl cigar token

dump digging yesterday. still have other stuff cleaning. second pic is my friend greg raking the dump.

Comments

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neat find DD..... do you dig pits in these old dumps?? Do you select the site to dig due to multiple MD hits? Just a few questions...image Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭✭
    Looks like something Mike Rowe (spelling) would put on his show! That's one dirty job but it does pay off.
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,216 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Looks like something Mike Rowe (spelling) would put on his show! That's one dirty job but it does pay off. >>

Now that's a "Dirty Jobs" episode I'd love to see!

Great token. I'd like it even if it didn't have the word "Owl" on it, and we didn't happen to have a thing for owls in my immediate family. It's sort of our family mascot.

I love digging old tokens as much as I do silver coins, sometimes. They often have more story to tell. Have you researched that brand yet? (Edit- no... wait... not a cigar brand but a specific cigar store, with the city given! Better yet! Those are some great clues!)

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.