Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

To trim or not to trim (1999 Manny Pacquiao World boxing handcut)

I just go this back from being cut. I'm happy with the cut but one of the bottom corners is soft. It would prob grade a 7 or 8. Does anyone think its worth it to try to have someone trim the edges to sharpen the card since there is room with excess white boarder? The surface ect... Is perfect so it could be a 9 ir 10... Or get completely ruined. Should I just slab it as is or gamble?

Scans of most of my Misc rookies can be found <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.collectors.com/m...y&keyword1=Non%20major">here

Comments

• Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    If its already cut, straighten it up.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options
    EagleEyeKidEagleEyeKid Posts: 4,496 ✭✭
    The right side is all messed up
  • Options
    SumoMenkoManSumoMenkoMan Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭
    The right side looks like it is cut crooked unfortunately.
  • Options
    wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭
    that card is all lopsided, hack away
    BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Options
    mikliamiklia Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭
    def cut it again. i think a 7 might be generous if you send that in.
  • Options
    swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭

<< <i>The right side is all messed up >>

+1

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • Options
    eagles33eagles33 Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭
    There is definitely room for improvement.. I was just concerned about having it go under the knife again. The risk reward might be worth it I guess
    Scans of most of my Misc rookies can be found <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://forums.collectors.com/m...y&keyword1=Non%20major">here
  • Options
    Little risk in my opinion, as it is it would drive me crazy to look at it in a slab.....I know I would be able to straighten that up better than what it is.....
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Options
    I looked at the other one I have still attached in the magazine. The way the Pacquiao is situated on the sheet(bottom right) and how the glue these in the magazine make them tough to find in decent condition. I have some panels where the glue actually extends on to the card.
  • Options
    Take two... This go around looks very sharp... Hopefully psa agrees

• Options
    Mdube16Mdube16 Posts: 744 ✭✭
    yes thats better
  • Options
    Looks good!
  • Options
    You do it yourself?
  • Options
    I cut it up for Eagles, I think it is better than what it was.......
  • Options
    MiniDuffMiniDuff Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭
    Nice job. It isn't that hard to do once you have practice at it, but you can ruin a bunch along the way. I like to practice on hostess :-)
    1975 Mini Collector
    ebay id Duffs_Dugout
    My Ebay Auctions
  • Options
    Hope my 1973 annual poppage is a sign of things to come for Pacman!
  • Options
    Thanks again for cutting it. Hopefully it does as well as your 73 annual cards did at psa
  • Options
    ergoismergoism Posts: 315 ✭✭✭
    The card looks really clean now. Update the thread when you get the grade.
  • Options
    That's a really cool card!
  • Options
    The cut on the card is gem mint
  • Options
    I could get it closer if you would like but I feel it should have some type of border..... there was not a whole lot of leeway to begin with......
  • Options
    No it's fine. You did an awesome job. I think it's best anyone could get it with the way it was. I'm very happy with it
  • Options
    I checked the pop report just for kicks and did not see Pacman poppage, hoping for the best for you. Should be soon!
  • Options
    Good luck!
  • Options
    Thanks.. I'm on day 30 of a 20 day sub so hopefully this week it will pop. 2 10s popped since I subbed mine. I also had some Cromy cards and 87 Wonderama that would have been 1/1 but the king beat me to it.
  • Options
    hookemhookem Posts: 971 ✭✭
    I would have voted to keep as is but the clean up is a great improvement.
    Hook'em
  • Options
    It looks fantastic. Hoping for a 9 pop for you! image
  • Options

<< <i>The card looks really clean now. Update the thread when you get the grade. >>

It did get cleaned up, Gem Mint PSA 10. I'm stoked I was able to hand cut this card for Eagles.... That is a sure fire winner.
  • Options
    Perfect job cutting it! Thanks again for helping out. Ill post a scan when i get them back

21858548 GEM MINT 10 1999 WORLD BOXING MAGAZINE-HAND CUT 143 MANNY PACQUIAO Card
  • Options
    way to go!!
  • Options
    Very nice! Did you happen to cut the other cards that were on the panel or did those get destroyed? I'm thinking about cutting up the extra panels I have.