Home Metal Detecting
Options

June 8/9, 2013: 5 Silvers, 3 IHCs, Buffalo

pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭✭
Got out Saturday and Sunday for a bit. Was hoping a couple silvers would show.

Saturday started slow, but ended with three silvers, including the 3rd quarter in 10 days! Nice surprise and a good treat after so many dimes to start the year. Also got a bunch of costume jewelry.

Yesterday got out to an older park that's yielded some goodies in the past. Ended with two mercs, a buffalo nickel, 3 IHCs, and 22 wheats. There was another pocket spill of at least 5 cents, but I don't know what it consisted of. The last pocket spill was 6 IHCs. Since the coins are green blobs there wasn't any detail readily visible until I got home. Got a matching pair of some awesome saddle earrings. They were about 5 feet apart. Also looks like the wreath part of a buckle (on the left)?

IHCs aren't shown...we've all seen green circles.

What's that peeking through the dirt?

Dime still has some luster! But there's black stains on the reverse, but still neat. Pic isn't the best.

Comments

• Options
    pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like you broke the quarter jinximage
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very nice haul... silver is always good... I like the arrowhead too...Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    bronzematbronzemat Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A decent haul!
  • Options
    lordmarcovanlordmarcovan Posts: 43,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow... as always.

You reign supreme on this forum. I bow before the newly crowned king of the CU MD Forum.

But beware... there are probably contenders to the throne waiting in the wings!

I remember those arrowhead pendants. I think Avon sold them. When I was a kid, one of my first puppy-love girlfriends (in the late 1970s) gave me one just like that. (Edit... or similar to that. Your particular piece could be a tad older. Surely the arrowhead pendant is a popular motif that's been done for quite a while.)

PS- so what's the date on that nice lookin' Merc? And the other silvers?

I've had two outings in the past few days. Working on the videos now. Sunday morning's was rather long on sightseeing and short on interesting finds, but yesterday's brought a small piece of luck... and an encounter many of us dread. More to follow on that.

Explore collections of lordmarcovan on CollecOnline, management, safe-keeping, sharing and valuation solution for art piece and collectibles.