Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Joined collectors club & got my 6 vouchers today SCANS UP

I've never subbed cards before but giving it a shot and I will be sending the following 6 cards off tomorrow:

1961 Topps Yastrzemski. Raw eBay about 10 years ago
1964 Topps Maris. Purchased at a card shop
1971 OPC Gibson. Purchased at a card shop
79-80 Topps Gretsky rookie. Original card I opened as a kid
1980 Topps Ricky Henderson rookie. From a 1980 wax box rip
1981 Topps Montana rookie. Original card I opened as a kid

Wish me luck. Jeff

Comments

• BaltimoreYankeeBaltimoreYankee Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good luck with the sub! I subbed a bunch of cards last year that I had in the collection forever.
    Daniel
  • RookieWaxRookieWax Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭
    Good luck. You will enjoy the excitement waiting for the grades to show up in your online account...and hopefully be even more excited with your grades.
  • DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Best of luck Jeff. Since it's your first submission, do you want to give us your guesses as to what each card will grade? If so, you can post to this thread when they POP.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • DialjDialj Posts: 1,636 ✭✭
    Jeff, here is wishing you the BEST OF LUCK (not Andrew) !!!!!
    "A full mind is an empty bat." Ty Cobb

Currently collecting 1934 Butterfinger, 1969 Nabisco, 1991 Topps Desert Shield (in PSA 9 or 10), and 1990 Donruss Learning Series (in PSA 10).
  • wrightywrighty Posts: 837 ✭✭✭✭
    Even though I don't post much I've been the boards 10 years and read all the posts almost nightly. Below are the grades I hope to get, I know how this works and I will get some min size req or a grade of 4, etc but here is what I truly believe.

61 yaz has a shot at a 9 and hoping it doesn't come back o/c 70 /30 top to bottom
    64 Maris 8
    71 Gibson 8.5 (no I didn't black light it so hopefully it's not touched up)
    Gretsky 7.5
    Henderson 9
    Montana 6 (I probably shouldn't send this one but rounding out the sub)

I will be thrilled if they come back at these grades but I see how it goes for others so I will remain cautiously optimistic. Once they pop I'll update the thread.
  • Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Go get 'em, Jeff.
    Mike
    Bosox1976
    Would love to see you pop a "9" on that '61 YAZ! GOOD LUCK!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Does anyone know if you can use the vouchers to grade tickets?
  • JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,171 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best of luck Jeff!

Joe
    2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • ClockworkAngelClockworkAngel Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Does anyone know if you can use the vouchers to grade tickets? >>

Nope, just cards...and no reviews or crossovers
    The Clockwork Angel Collection...brought to you by Bank of America, Wells Fargo, and Chase
    TheClockworkAngelCollection
  • ClockworkAngelClockworkAngel Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭
    If you get the 71 OPC Gibson at 8.5, I know a few people on this board who you will likely be seeing PM's from image
    The Clockwork Angel Collection...brought to you by Bank of America, Wells Fargo, and Chase
    TheClockworkAngelCollection
    1 21518144 MINT 9 OC 1961 TOPPS 287 CARL YASTRZEMSKI STAR ROOKIE Card
    2 1 21518145 MINT 9 1964 TOPPS 225 ROGER MARIS Card
    3 1 21518146 NEAR MINT 7 1971 O-PEE-CHEE 450 BOB GIBSON Card
    4 1 21518147 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1981 TOPPS 216 JOE MONTANA Card
    5 1 21518148 N6: MINIMUM SIZE REQUIREMENT 1979 TOPPS 18 WAYNE GRETZKY Card
    6 1 21518149 NEAR MINT 7 1980 TOPPS 482 RICKEY HENDERSON Card

Obviously the Maris made the sub and overall I'm happy with my first one. I knew the Yaz was going to get an OC qualifier but I was really hoping it wouldn't, it will be placed into my Yastrzemski Master Set until I get one without a qualifier. My guesses were close on 2 and off on the other 3 so I'm happy and will most likely put together some lower priced cards for one of the monthly specials next. Jeff
  • Great job on the Maris.
    Post pics when they arrive.
  • PiggsPiggs Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭✭
    Awesome job on the '64 Maris, just great. Maybe you can sell it and the 9 OC Yaz and grab 8's of each and have enough money for a new Gretzky. Doug
  • CakesCakes Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What happened on the Gretsky?
    Successful coin BST transactions with Gerard and segoja.

Successful card BST transactions with cbcnow, brogurt, gstarling, Bravesfan 007, and rajah 424.
  • Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    fine sub image
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • ThoseBackPagesThoseBackPages Posts: 4,871 ✭✭
    GREAT STUFF!!!
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • tsalems1tsalems1 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭
    www.OPCBASEBALL.com

Email: OPCBASEBALL@YAHOO.COM

Follow OPCBASEBALL.COM on Facebook
    No clue on the Gretzky I opened the pack when I was 8 years old, put all the hockey cards in a box and subbed the card 32 years later. Only two possibilities are a factory short or grading error. I'll sell the Maris to help fund the yaz master set. Thanks everyone for the congratulations. Jeff
    WOW Jeff ... $500.00+ on that Maris card!

I challenged you (in a fun way) to post your grades. For a first time submitter your guesses were GREAT! CONGRATS on the grades. I was hoping that the YAZ came back a straight "9". Looking forward to your next sub!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

• jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    What a great hit on that Maris! At least you'll get a voucher for the Gretzky. Nice job!
  • ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    Nicely done. Sorry about the Gretzky.

That Yaz could potentially be in a straight 8 holder on a resub.

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Baez578Baez578 Posts: 967 ✭✭✭
    image for Maris
  • relaxedrelaxed Posts: 569
    Love the Maris card. Also like the Montana, I remember a few years back I sub some 63 topps baseball that I had as a kid and I had store them in a shoe box for years and the highest grade I got was a PSA 8. Nice job on your cards.
    Collecting 1955 Topps BB
  • love the 71 Gibson one of the best looking "7"'s I've seen. nice cards congrats.
  • Same thing happened to me with an OPC Gretzky RC.