Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

What is the most PSA copies you have of any individual card?

I wonder how many of us are prone to hoarding?
I am buying and trading for RC's of Wilt Chamberlain, George Mikan, Bill Russell, Oscar Robertson, Jerry West, and Bob Cousy!
Don't waste your time and fees listing on ebay before getting in touch me by PM or at gregmo32@aol.com !

Comments

• Options
    One. I always sell extras.
  • Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have 18 of the 1982 Wrestling All Stars #1 Andre The Giant.
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    deleted
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    JuggsJuggs Posts: 495
    4 '89 Score Barry Sanders Rookies. I submitted all 4 cards myself and received 8's on all of them. Go me.
  • Options
    vladguerrerovladguerrero Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭
    40 but its a secret
  • Options
    hyperchipper09hyperchipper09 Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same grade, none.
    Got 2 different grades Parrish/Murphy 78 Toppsimage
  • Options
    PhilGPhilG Posts: 237 ✭✭
    I have 3319 – 1993 Finest Refractors. Of the 107 Randy Myers I have, 14 of them are graded.
    Phil
  • Options

<< <i>I have 3319 – 1993 Finest Refractors. Of the 107 Randy Myers I have, 14 of them are graded.
    Phil >>

I thought I read on here that there were around 300 of each card. That is pretty wild to own such a high percentage of the cards made.

Where is the board member with the Steve Largent's? He has to have the highest total.
  • Options
    gregmo32gregmo32 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭
    That 1993 refractor hoard is incredible! Do you have complete sets or do you just buy individual cards when you find them at the right price?
    I am buying and trading for RC's of Wilt Chamberlain, George Mikan, Bill Russell, Oscar Robertson, Jerry West, and Bob Cousy!
    Don't waste your time and fees listing on ebay before getting in touch me by PM or at gregmo32@aol.com !
  • Options
    markj111markj111 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭
    Two.
  • Options
    MattyCMattyC Posts: 1,335 ✭✭
    I used to get a little crazy with 84D Mattingly,
    86T Mattingly PSA 10, 81T Henderson, and 83T Strawberry PSA 10. Was out to have every copy. I recently have up a stack of 25 83T strawberries. It's a sickness, lol.
  • Options
    ThoseBackPagesThoseBackPages Posts: 4,871 ✭✭

<< <i>I have 3319 – 1993 Finest Refractors. Of the 107 Randy Myers I have, 14 of them are graded.
    Phil >>

How many of the 3319 are slabbed?
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • Options
    bobbybakerivbobbybakeriv Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭✭
    I have 37 1977 Topps Pete Roses that are graded by PSA.
  • Options
    goraidersgoraiders Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

Phil >>

I thought I read on here that there were around 300 of each card. That is pretty wild to own such a high percentage of the cards made.

Where is the board member with the Steve Largent's? He has to have the highest total. >>

That would be Publius with all the Largents. I have 17 73 Stablers in psa 8-9,only one 10
    so trying for that 2nd. one for a while,if not me ten hopefully someone gets that second one
    cause I don't think the ten will be for sale anytime soon
    J.R.
    Needs'
    1972 Football-9's high#'s
    1965 Football-8's
    1958 Topps FB-7-8
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

<< <i>Where is the board member with the Steve Largent's? He has to have the highest total.

That would be Publius with all the Largents. >>

Here is just a small amount of what he has:

STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    PhilGPhilG Posts: 237 ✭✭
    <<I thought I read on here that there were around 300 of each card. That is pretty wild to own such a high percentage of the cards made.>>

The number that gets batted about is 241 of each player. I have 44.4% of the production run of Randy Myers.

<<That 1993 refractor hoard is incredible! Do you have complete sets or do you just buy individual cards when you find them at the right price?>>

I have one complete set. I prefer to buy commons. You can get 10 commons for the price of one star. I am all over eBay. I have written extensive programs to track prices on eBay. I have data going back to 2004.

<<How many of the 3319 are slabbed?>>

Total graded 536
  • Options
    NICE Phil!
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Where is the board member with the Steve Largent's? He has to have the highest total.

That would be Publius with all the Largents. >>

Here is just a small amount of what he has:

image >>

how many does he have?
  • Options
    ZillaZilla Posts: 85 ✭✭
    Now here's a thread I can relate to. I'm trying to collect one 1975 George Brett RC (Topps, Mini, or OPC) for every hit he had in his career (3,154). Not sure exactly how many I have at the moment, but I think it's over 1,000, with maybe 300 or so graded.

Here are a few of them.

image[/URL]

image[/URL]

• Options

<< <i>Now here's a thread I can relate to. I'm trying to collect one 1975 George Brett RC (Topps, Mini, or OPC) for every hit he had in his career (3,154). Not sure exactly how many I have at the moment, but I think it's over 1,000, with maybe 300 or so graded. >>

NICE!
  • Options
    wrestlingcardkingwrestlingcardking Posts: 4,555 ✭✭✭✭
    I am not a huge hoarder of PSA graded cards of one guy but that does not mean I do not have hoards of a single card. I have three each of Dan Gable's 1972 and 1973 Panini cards that are slabbed. After I have a few slabbed, I don't mind having some of them raw. image
    BUYING Frank Gotch T229 Kopec
    Looking to BUY n332 1889 SF Hess cards and high grade cards from 19th century especially. "Once you have wrestled everything else in life is easy" Dan Gable
  • Options
    CNoteCNote Posts: 2,070

<< <i>Now here's a thread I can relate to. I'm trying to collect one 1975 George Brett RC (Topps, Mini, or OPC) for every hit he had in his career (3,154). Not sure exactly how many I have at the moment, but I think it's over 1,000, with maybe 300 or so graded. >>

Now that is a cool idea
  • Options
    MattyCMattyC Posts: 1,335 ✭✭

That is tremendous. I am rooting for you, man!
  • Options
    DialjDialj Posts: 1,636 ✭✭
    WOW those Largents are insane. Here is my meager number of the same card.

[URL=http://s953.photobucket.com/user/dialj/media/1991ToppsDesertShieldGregMaddux35_zps092fb82a.jpg.html]image[/URL]
    "A full mind is an empty bat." Ty Cobb

Currently collecting 1934 Butterfinger, 1969 Nabisco, 1991 Topps Desert Shield (in PSA 9 or 10), and 1990 Donruss Learning Series (in PSA 10).
  • Options
    dtkk49adtkk49a Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭
    I have at least ten slabbed 71 Munson cards in various grades.
    Follow me - Cards_and_Coins on Instagram

They call me "Pack the Ripper"
  • Options
    MrNearMintMrNearMint Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭
    I have a hard time with the idea of owning multiples of the same card. The only exception would be Jordan rc's. I would like to start collecting as many Jordan rookie cards in any condition/grade, raw or slabbed!
    I still don't own a Jordan rc though.
  • Options
    rtimmerrtimmer Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭✭
    I have a few Ripken rookie packs. It wasnt my plan to hoard starting out but I had to submit this many to finally get a 10 for my registry set.

image[/URL]
    Follow me at LinkedIn & Instagram: @ryanscard
    Join the Rookie stars on top PSA registry today:
    1980-1989 Cello Packs - Rookies
  • Options

Holy smokes! I have 107 psa 9, and 55 psa 10: 2000 Topps Chrome Miggy rookies - with many raws and sealed setboxes. I thought I needed professional help until reading this image When you actually reach 3154 Brett rookies you have to be considered a collecting God.
    BTW it ain't so easy to add to my Miggy hoard anymore. I bought most of mine when he had his drinking issues at pretty cheap prices.
    75 Minis - GET IN MY BELLY!
  • Options
    halfcentmanhalfcentman Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭
    When cards were much cheaper, I had sold a 100-count lot of Jerry Rice rookies at $25/card that I had held for a bit. We are talking MANY years ago.
  • Options
    I once considered building a bookcase out of 1600 Darren Dreifort RC's.
  • Options
    So looks like we have a tie for leaders. Brett and Largent are both in the area of 1000. This bring OCD to a new level guys, great work.

I kept wanting to pick up a Ripken rookie cello, guess no rush now that I see that stash ;-)

My meager addition to this thread is also graded packs. I have 7 wax packs with Magic/Bird rookie on back. Not all as yet graded though.
  • Options
    here is the old link, 700 graded largents!

Link
  • Options
    CWCW Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭
    Yep, Joe's Largent collection is legendary, and the nice thing is nobody gives him a hard time about it! image

Enjoyed seeing all those Brett RCs -- nice hoard there.

Since I'd be too embarrassed to show all my sweet McGwire rookies, I'll just post this....

• Options
    kingbeeswaxkingbeeswax Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭
    I might have about 20 '87 Classic Bo Jackson's that are graded...sold a bunch! I started to hoard '88 Fleer Pippen's but stopped for now, maybe have 8. Nice Jordan collection CW!!
  • Options
    TheDudeAbidesTheDudeAbides Posts: 400 ✭✭✭
    I don't hoard a single player, but I did collect an autographed 71 OPC Billy Williams, then a regular, unsigned PSA 6, PSA 7 then finally a PSA 8. Kept them all. Love the backs of the 71 OPC's, and those, are the most copies of any graded card that I have.
    Collecting 64, 66, 67, 70 & 71 Baseball. Cubs, wax, cello & rack baseball.
  • Options
    rtimmerrtimmer Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>So looks like we have a tie for leaders. Brett and Largent are both in the area of 1000. This bring OCD to a new level guys, great work.

I kept wanting to pick up a Ripken rookie cello, guess no rush now that I see that stash ;-)

My meager addition to this thread is also graded packs. I have 7 wax packs with Magic/Bird rookie on back. Not all as yet graded though. >>

I will gladly trade a Ripken for a Bird anytime you'd like! image

I only seem to win new ones when you can't bid on them these days.
    Follow me at LinkedIn & Instagram: @ryanscard
    Join the Rookie stars on top PSA registry today:
    1980-1989 Cello Packs - Rookies
  • Options
    looking for vancouver canucks psa 10's
  • Options
    Hi im new here! I collect Vancouver Canucks PSA 10 cards.

I also collect Trevor Linden PSA rookie cards.

I have:

13 o-pee-chee psa 10's
    1 Tops psa 10
    2 0-pee-chee psa 9's
    1 o-pee-chee psa 8.5
    + I just bought 2 more psa 9's from ebay haven't received them yet.

looking for vancouver canucks psa 10's
  • Options
    alnavmanalnavman Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭
    At one time in my collecting career I had a dozen 1989 Topps Traded Ken Griffey Jr PSA 9's. That is probably the most I've had of one card.....and as of this moment I no longer have even one of his cards graded......go figure!!

al.
  • Options
    At one point I had about seventy complete sets of 1977 Topps Star Wars 1-330, but PSA graded singles, I am not so sure.
  • Options
    jmmiller777jmmiller777 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭
    Seven 1960 Willie McCovey RC's from PSA 4-7. I'm going to corner the market...
    CURRENT PROJECTS IN WORK:
    To be honest, no direction, but...
    1966-69 Topps EX+
    1975 minis NrMt Kelloggs PSA 9
    All Topps Heritage-Master Sets
  • Options
    One.
  • Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    begsu1013begsu1013 Posts: 1,943 ✭✭
    71 - ryan's = 22. various grades above a 5, including 3 of the nines.
    71 - rose's = 20. various grades above a 5, one 8.5 and one nine.

and there's another rose card which I have 17 psa 10's, which calculates to about 21% of the pop. I buy everyone I see.

also have a fair amount of 94 ryans in psa 9 that are my own subs (going for 10's). for some reason, I just refuse to pay $150 to 4SC for a 94 card. can't believe how hard they grade his last reg. season card or that someone out there would pay $150 for them when you can get 10 of'em for $1.
  • Options
    MrGMrG Posts: 620 ✭✭✭
    I have 40 slabbed Moon rookies (85 Topps) primarily subbed myself as I enjoyed watching him play when I lived in Houston in the early 90's.
    Now that I am in Atlanta, I collect mostly Braves and primarily Glavine, Smoltz, Chipper and some of the newer generation players. Have multiple dupes of all their rookies.
    Michael Gaytan (MrG)
    TGF Collection
    TGF Sports
  • Options
    begsu1013begsu1013 Posts: 1,943 ✭✭
    isn't there another thread where somebody asks "is warren moon really a common"?

do love that 90 score hot guns card of his though.
  • Options
    MikeyPMikeyP Posts: 990 ✭✭✭
    One.
    "Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood."
  • Options

<< <i>I have 18 of the 1982 Wrestling All Stars #1 Andre The Giant. >>

If you count PSA/DNA I have 18 of the 1982 Wrestling All Stars Hulk Hogan's as well.

My Ric Flair total is 12.

• Options
    MikeyPMikeyP Posts: 990 ✭✭✭

<< <i>At one point I had about seventy complete sets of 1977 Topps Star Wars 1-330, but PSA graded singles, I am not so sure. >>

Did you mean to type SEVENTY? Holy cow! Were all of the cards graded by PSA?
    "Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood."