Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

I am trying the new PCGS GSA service. These are my 2 Guinea Pigs!

Wabbit2313Wabbit2313 Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭✭✭

I freed them from the NGC grasp, and may PCGS have mercy on their souls!!!

Comments

• Options
    sparky64sparky64 Posts: 7,031 ✭✭✭✭✭
    image Nice lookin' "pigs"

"If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

My Washington Quarter Registry set...in progress

• Options
    messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,725 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice looking coins! I can't say I'm a fan of the holder holder, though. Part of having the original holder was also having it in the original box.
  • Options
    halfhunterhalfhunter Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭
    Soooo . . . How hard was the NGC label & tab to remove?

HH
    Need the following OBW rolls to complete my 46-64 Roosevelt roll set:
    1947-P & D; 1948-D; 1949-P & S; 1950-D & S; and 1952-S.
    Any help locating any of these OBW rolls would be gratefully appreciated!
  • Options

The band part comes off easy, and the void sticky stuff comes off with goo-gone. The silver sticker on top is a total pain, and you have to scrap it with something. I used a sharper piece of hard plastic.

I am not sure about the holder either. I am very interested in grade comparison.

• Options
    ElcontadorElcontador Posts: 7,431 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The 83 has a cheek as clean as you are going to see on a CC Morgan. There appears to be a gouge on the lower end of Miss Liberty's neck, and from the image, I can't tell how severe it is. On the reverse, you have some light contact marks around "In God We Trust" in the area where you often find contact marks on No Motto Seated $s. You also have more light contact marks to viewer's rt. and just above the arrows. If the gouge on the neck isn't as bad as it appears, I can see this in a 5 holder.

I'd guess a 64 on the 81 CC. Too bad that the obverse didn't look like the reverse.
    "Vou invadir o Nordeste,
    "Seu cabra da peste,
    "Sou Mangueira......."
  • Options
    crypto79crypto79 Posts: 8,623
    I was wondering if pcgs would holder one with an NGC band, did you assume you had to take it off or has pcgs stated one must?
  • Options
    DorkGirlDorkGirl Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Nice looking coins! I can't say I'm a fan of the holder holder, though. Part of having the original holder was also having it in the original box. >>

Me too.
    Becky
  • Options
    StaircoinsStaircoins Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I was wondering if pcgs would holder one with an NGC band, did you assume you had to take it off or has pcgs stated one must? >>

PCGS has stated that the NGC band must come off.
    Wouldn't want another TPG's grade showing inside their own holder!
  • Options
    TONEDDOLLARSTONEDDOLLARS Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭✭
    A five and a six???
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Nice looking coins! I can't say I'm a fan of the holder holder, though. Part of having the original holder was also having it in the original box. >>

Me too. >>

While I tend to agree with you, I am mostly interested to see if they are going to grade them the same, worse, or better. This is why I sent 2 really nice coins. Most of the GSA's are 63 or 64, but the super clean ones are tough. I am very interested if that is going to be taken into consideration.
  • Options
    ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,581 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

Me too. >>

While I tend to agree with you, I am mostly interested to see if they are going to grade them the same, worse, or better. This is why I sent 2 really nice coins. Most of the GSA's are 63 or 64, but the super clean ones are tough. I am very interested if that is going to be taken into consideration. >>

Grades in Yet?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file